[SIMCHASE] Season 2: Lasts Resorts

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 2: Lasts Resorts

Post by copperwood »

lozanodiegs wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 12:56 The same thing happened to me. I was able to complete the tasks but I didn't get the prize. I reached out to Firemonkeys and, at first, their agent told me to make sure that all of my sims are finished "Finding Pennies". I knew that wasn't going to help since I have no sims doing that action. After explaining again what happened, I got this response (please check attachment). I guess we're not getting the prizes then?
That screenshot shows their canned response.

You mentioned a task collecting pennies. Was that task from episode 7? In my game I had the exact same tasks as listed by Erin further up in this thread. I had to find dust bunnies not pennies and I was able to collect the prize.

I also read that some of you had problems after an update. Somehow I wonder if that pennies task might be from Simchase Season 3 which will start next month. Just a theory of course.

In a second game I have, I also had the problem of a greyed out episode 7. I was able to fix it with resetting the game.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

I'm having the same problem. I was so annoyed because I was doing so well, even setting my alarm after each challenge so I wouldn't get behind. I put in a support ticket and got a response that had nothing to do with what I wrote. I know they're trying to respond quickly, but I think I'd rather them take long to answer if it means actually reading the support ticket fully. Anyway, I mentioned in my reply that others were having the same problem after the update so maybe if everyone put in a ticket, they'll believe that there's actually a problem and give us the prizes or extend the event or something. I don't want simoleons or LPs or whatever, I want the grand prize or I want my time back.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Still haven't heard back since the initial response telling me the find pennies task thing. I updated my ticket with proof I completed the event etc. but not a word so far. Anyone else get anything beyond the initial canned response? My simchase event is just sitting there in limbo, both me and the rival finished, telling me to start a challenge... at least it hasn't disappeared, I guess
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
Aspen713
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Aspen713 »

F9588DB1-4AF1-4D5F-ABCF-A81AE9A4F0BD.jpeg
Same exact thing here!
GC- Aspen713
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I managed to finish using a lot of saved up SPs. When I was done, Kam Ham offered to sell me the chairs I missed out on for a cool 286 SP. I passed...
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
lozanodiegs
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by lozanodiegs »

I was able to finish all tasks way ahead of the rival despite the menu being greyed out, but it's no surprise I didn't get the prizes. I started this event for the chairs so I would have taken up Kam Ham's offer to sell if it was offered to me but that didn't happen as well. I guess there really is no fix for this after all.
copperwood wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 13:43
In a second game I have, I also had the problem of a greyed out episode 7. I was able to fix it with resetting the game.
Unfortunately, the game saved to my cloud was already the one with the problem so when I tried resetting the game, nothing really happened. Also, I could not remember any task that I had to find 'pennies' just 'dust bunnies'.
A newbie— on Sims FreePlay and the Forum.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

lozanodiegs wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 03:07 I was able to finish all tasks way ahead of the rival despite the menu being greyed out, but it's no surprise I didn't get the prizes. I started this event for the chairs so I would have taken up Kam Ham's offer to sell if it was offered to me but that didn't happen as well. I guess there really is no fix for this after all.
copperwood wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 13:43
Unfortunately, the game saved to my cloud was already the one with the problem so when I tried resetting the game, nothing really happened. Also, I could not remember any task that I had to find 'pennies' just 'dust bunnies'.
I used most of my SP to finish the episode (because, silly me, I needed sleep!!), so I had none left to give poor Kam Ham!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

I've been going back and forth with support about this and they just say they can't award the final prize to me. They don't acknowledge that I finished the challenge or that I'm still having problems with it showing in my task list as completed and that Kam Ham is still in my Sim tracker menu. The third season is starting in couple of days and even if I wanted to play it, which I don't after this fiasco, I don't think I could since my game is stuck on season 2. So irritating. Grrr.

Did anyone who has this problem ever get the grand prize?
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

tangerine wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 06:17 I've been going back and forth with support about this and they just say they can't award the final prize to me. They don't acknowledge that I finished the challenge or that I'm still having problems with it showing in my task list as completed and that Kam Ham is still in my Sim tracker menu. The third season is starting in couple of days and even if I wanted to play it, which I don't after this fiasco, I don't think I could since my game is stuck on season 2. So irritating. Grrr.

Did anyone who has this problem ever get the grand prize?
Nope. Haven't heard a thing from support since the event ended and they told me "to be patient". Bah humbug
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store