[SIMCHASE] Season 2: Lasts Resorts

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Kaila777
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 2: Lasts Resorts

Post by Kaila777 »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 00:46 just got an update that broke my event. didnt get credit for the last challenge completed (I don't think) and its grey out in the event menu even though I was still able to start the mastery challenge normally after this happened... gonna submit a ticket I suppose...
:cry: :cry: :cry: the exact same thing happened to me!!!! and i was around 2 challenges away from winning the grand prize after spending countless sps :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Kaila777 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:00
Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 00:46 just got an update that broke my event. didnt get credit for the last challenge completed (I don't think) and its grey out in the event menu even though I was still able to start the mastery challenge normally after this happened... gonna submit a ticket I suppose...
:cry: :cry: :cry: the exact same thing happened to me!!!! and i was around 2 challenges away from winning the grand prize after spending countless sps :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah it's pretty unfair. I lost the 3-hour-long task I had just finished when it happened. Seeing as they already give you basically zero margin for error, I don't know if I'll ever be able to catch up, even though the game does seem to be allowing me to complete goals again (though day 7 is still greyed out!)
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

:RANT WARNING: Man I hate how this company handles support tickets. No matter what your issue, be it a game-breaking bug or a glitch that cheats you out of hours of work and a huge amount of hard to get currency, they pat you on the head and say "we're working on it, have some compensation..." and then they give you a small amount of simoleons and LP (almost never enough to make up for whatever you lost) and have the nerve to call it a "generous" amount of in game currency! How about a) actually fixing the problem or b) giving compensation that actually reflects the person's issue? For instance for this event, giving someone SP or even something like simchase tokens would make much more sense to make up for an ingame bug that disrupted the event. Is it really so much to ask to think about what reflects the player's needs or losses? :RANT OVER:
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Kaila777
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Kaila777 »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:14 :RANT WARNING: Man I hate how this company handles support tickets. No matter what your issue, be it a game-breaking bug or a glitch that cheats you out of hours of work and a huge amount of hard to get currency, they pat you on the head and say "we're working on it, have some compensation..." and then they give you a small amount of simoleons and LP (almost never enough to make up for whatever you lost) and have the nerve to call it a "generous" amount of in game currency! How about a) actually fixing the problem or b) giving compensation that actually reflects the person's issue? Is it really so much to ask? :RANT OVER:
Ughhh that does sound annoying! I was thinking of submitting a ticket, how many simoleons and LPs did you get? and they didn't give any SPs? that seems very unfair
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Kaila777 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:17
Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:14 :RANT WARNING: Man I hate how this company handles support tickets. No matter what your issue, be it a game-breaking bug or a glitch that cheats you out of hours of work and a huge amount of hard to get currency, they pat you on the head and say "we're working on it, have some compensation..." and then they give you a small amount of simoleons and LP (almost never enough to make up for whatever you lost) and have the nerve to call it a "generous" amount of in game currency! How about a) actually fixing the problem or b) giving compensation that actually reflects the person's issue? Is it really so much to ask? :RANT OVER:
Ughhh that does sound annoying! I was thinking of submitting a ticket, how many simoleons and LPs did you get? and they didn't give any SPs? that seems very unfair
I'm not sure what I got this time, bc though the response said they "added a generous amount" of them to my game, I never actually got a popup about it like usual. From experience reporting bugs and things though, it's usually 5-20 FP and/or a wildly varying amount of simoleons. The one time I actually got halfway appropriate compensation was when I specifically (and bluntly) asked for the price of my doctor's visits back when I didnt get given a super sim bonus that I earned in a pregnancy event and they actually gave me a couple mil simoleons (not sure if it was enough to cover all the visits, but I was happy to get even that). I've never once that I can recall been given SP, even when that was the currency I lost out on (or was used by the event with the issue, which is most events these days).
Kaila777
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Kaila777 »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:24
I'm not sure what I got this time, bc though the response said they "added a generous amount" of them to my game, I never actually got a popup about it like usual. From experience reporting bugs and things though, it's usually 5-20 FP and/or a wildly varying amount of simoleons. The one time I actually got halfway appropriate compensation was when I specifically (and bluntly) asked for the price of my doctor's visits back when I didnt get given a super sim bonus that I earned in a pregnancy event and they actually gave me a couple mil simoleons (not sure if it was enough to cover all the visits, but I was happy to get even that). I've never once that I can recall been given SP, even when that was the currency I lost out on (or was used by the event with the issue, which is most events these days).
thanks, probably no point putting in a ticket then :( :| :cry: :cry: I really wanted those prizes!
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Kaila777 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:36
Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:14
thanks, probably no point putting in a ticket then :( :| :cry: :cry: I really wanted those prizes!
I may test this... if I can't finish the event on time, I may use SP to finish (if it lets me and the amount isn't TOO obnoxious) then send in a ticket specifically stating "this bug happened and because of it I had to spend X amount of SP to finish, I would like my X amount of SP back please" and see if they actually do it. Of course, given that it waited until the remaining tasks were the ones requiring multiple sims and I no longer have access to the screen with the "skip this episode" button, the amount of SP this would require might simply be too large to risk it :/
Kaila777
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Kaila777 »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:44
Kaila777 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:36
Mariel Bravef wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 06:14
I may test this... if I can't finish the event on time, I may use SP to finish (if it lets me and the amount isn't TOO obnoxious) then send in a ticket specifically stating "this bug happened and because of it I had to spend X amount of SP to finish, I would like my X amount of SP back please" and see if they actually do it. Of course, given that it waited until the remaining tasks were the ones requiring multiple sims and I no longer have access to the screen with the "skip this episode" button, the amount of SP this would require might simply be too large to risk it :/
yeah, i was considering finishing this day with SP (before the event went weird) but now im collecting dust bunnies.... which is like, 20SP's per sim, with 9 sims.... and 36 'dust bunnies' need to be collected. Yikes
Snicoletti86
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Snicoletti86 »

I submitted a ticket because I was 94% completed but then my menu for episode 7 was grayed out and locked preventing me from seeing the final 2 tasks I needed to complete and/or spend sp on. In my ticket I specifically stated I did not want to be compensated with lp or sp since I spent points to win the prize. All I want is the prize I worked diligently to earn that they prevented me from completing. I even sent screenshots showing the menu grayed out. I'll let you guys know if they do the right thing.
Last edited by Snicoletti86 on 20 Jun 2019, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Snicoletti86 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 07:24 I submitted a ticket because I was 94% completed but then my menu for episode 7 was grayed out and locked preventing me from seeing the final 2 tasks I needed to complete and/or spend sp on. In my ticket I specifically stated I did not want to be compensated with lp or sp since I spent points to win the prize. All I want is the prize I worked diligently to earn that they prevented me from completing. I even sent screenshots showing the menu grayed out. I'll let you guys know if they do the right thing.
I dunno. In the past when I've been cheated out of event prizes and things, they've always declined to go in and unlock stuff. You'd be better off asking for SP, I suspect. Let me know how it goes.