[QUEST] Hearth of Stone

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [QUEST] Hearth of Stone

Post by SKatF »

Each sim who does 6 hour annoying call task results in one or two calls. For me, mostly 1 call each, about 13 to 15 calls per 10 sims. I erred on side of too many sims. Didn't want to run short on a 6 hour task.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Ice Queen sure doesn't hold her feelings in, does she? She's been wailing for hours in the ice palace bedroom.
Attachments
20191222_025941.jpg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I want these trees for my town
Attachments
20191222_134647.jpg
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

SKatF wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 18:45 Ice Queen sure doesn't hold her feelings in, does she? She's been wailing for hours in the ice palace bedroom.
Give up
Give up
On the rise for radiation
Give up
Give up
It runs perfect woman

Google Translate sings:
Spunkysimmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re:workplace tab not working

Post by Spunkysimmer »

I am also having problems with the workplace tab not opening :( It messed up when the hearth of stone started. I’m sure there are others having the same problem & maybe (fingers crossed) someone reported it. I’m also having problems with my sims actions. It’ll say that there’s something in the way. But there’s not.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Spunkysimmer wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 06:00 I am also having problems with the workplace tab not opening :( It messed up when the hearth of stone started. I’m sure there are others having the same problem & maybe (fingers crossed) someone reported it.

I’m also having problems with my sims actions. It’ll say that there’s something in the way. But there’s not.
Welcome to the forum, Spunkysimmer!

I saw you found the workaround for the workplace button already :)

Guess, the failing actions are for the task to make defrosting coffee. If so, you'll find solutions on page 5 of this topic. Starting with that post: https://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewtopic. ... =40#p76735
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by -Caz- »

Day 13 is ridiculous :o

If I were to start bang on 7am (which I wouldn’t), had no gaps in between tasks (which I won’t) and had 28 teen/adult/senior sims (which I don’t) I would have to be up until 4am to complete without using LP :x The short tasks mean I couldn’t leave the last bit overnight (though I probably wouldn’t want to risk that). As it is the last set of tasks we can’t even catch up the next day!
[+] Day 13
7am: Go to the Ice Castle
7.01: Write Christmas letters – 4 hours 20 minutes (28x with 28 sims)
11.21: Have Sims brew hot chocolate – 5 hours 30 minutes (“collect” 28 hot chocolates)
4.51pm: Call Santa from the ‘X’ – 2 hours
6.51: Greet Santa at the Ice Castle – 1 hour 10 minutes
8.01: Cheer on the Ice Queen – 3 hours 20 minutes
11.21: Celebrate with Santa – 2 hours 40 minutes
2.01am: Explain to Santa Sr – 1 hour
3.01: Appreciate the moment with the Ice Queen – 45 minutes
3.46: Say goodbye to Santa – 15 minutes
4.01: Send all your Sims Home
It’s a good job I’ve saved up some LP for this one.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

-Caz- wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 19:14 Day 13 is ridiculous :o

If I were to start bang on 7am (which I wouldn’t), had no gaps in between tasks (which I won’t) and had 28 teen/adult/senior sims (which I don’t) I would have to be up until 4am to complete without using LP :x The short tasks mean I couldn’t leave the last bit overnight (though I probably wouldn’t want to risk that). As it is the last set of tasks we can’t even catch up the next day!
[+] Day 13
7am: Go to the Ice Castle
7.01: Write Christmas letters – 4 hours 20 minutes (28x with 28 sims)
11.21: Have Sims brew hot chocolate – 5 hours 30 minutes (“collect” 28 hot chocolates)
4.51pm: Call Santa from the ‘X’ – 2 hours
6.51: Greet Santa at the Ice Castle – 1 hour 10 minutes
8.01: Cheer on the Ice Queen – 3 hours 20 minutes
11.21: Celebrate with Santa – 2 hours 40 minutes
2.01am: Explain to Santa Sr – 1 hour
3.01: Appreciate the moment with the Ice Queen – 45 minutes
3.46: Say goodbye to Santa – 15 minutes
4.01: Send all your Sims Home
It’s a good job I’ve saved up some LP for this one.
Luckily, I'm still awake in time to get a full 24 hours to do this 21 hour day! Unfortunately, my Doctor Who Sims are still on Day 12 :oops: My Glee Sims will probably make it without difficulty, but I'm going to have to pay out some LPs for my Whovians. I've got the kiddoes grinding while everyone else is sending Good Apology Examples.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Yet again ::SIGH:: I’m really annoyed at the greediness of FM & EA.🤦‍♀️ The tasks scattered throughout this quest that require a lot of Sims so you can do a long task just once rather than multiple times is such an obvious money grab. How so, you ask? Simply put, it’s like this...

Even a lot of newer players can handle the tasks that require 10 or so Sims as long as each Sim receives more than 1 reward item for the task. But with tasks like those in this quest that require 17, 23 or even 28 😳 reward items when each Sim only receives 1 reward item (or 2 if they are lucky) tasks become hard for even long time players to accomplish. The reason for that is FM is heavily pushing for players to buy the Quest Booster that cuts your task time, number of Sims needed for multiple Sim tasks, and HALVES the number of reward items needed for the whopping price of $14.99 (U.S.)!!!😲🙄🤦‍♀️ Could they be any more blatant about their money grab? No they can’t, bless their greedy little hearts. And for those players who aren’t lucky enough to have generous people like Mockingbird who share the quest tasks, they are hit with the problematic task like running straight into an unexpected brick wall at 170mph. And even if they spend LP to get them through the task it just keeps compounding as the quest goes on until they either buy LP, buy the Booster (both costing RL money), stop doing anything other than playing the game or accept that finishing the quest/getting the grand prize is likely out of reach. How is that fun or even remotely fair?

I started the quest a few days late due to eye surgery and have been playing catch-up ever since. I finally caught up late last night by carefully spending an LP or two here and there while grinding for LP as much as possible. But today is going to be costly time and LP-wise because I want the Lake House template but refused to waste RL money on the Booster. Needless to say the thought of that does not make me a happy camper but oh well.🤷‍♀️

Sorry for the long rant guys but I doubt I’m the only one who feels this way. Anyway — everyone have a great holiday and as much fun as possible playing this crazy game!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Oops!🤦‍♀️ I was wrong, I’m still on the next to last day and will catch up in a couple of hours then I will start the grind to get through Day 13.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update