[QUEST] Hearth of Stone

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [QUEST] Hearth of Stone

Post by SKatF »

I am sitting in my house with a broken leg, all holiday plans except a modest meal with a relative cancelled. I was up in the night, so able to start the first 28 sim task then. If anyone should be able to finish, it would be me. But I know I will be spending LP to do it.

EA are grinches!

If you are near finishing, be really cautious about when the quest expires. For me it's at 2 am Christmas morning. (The timer is inside the quest button.) Even if your last task completes, if you aren't awake to collect and finish, you won't get the final prize.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

SKatF wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 17:24 I am sitting in my house with a broken leg, all holiday plans except a modest meal with a relative cancelled. I was up in the night, so able to start the first 28 sim task then. If anyone should be able to finish, it would be me. But I know I will be spending LP to do it.

EA are grinches!

If you are near finishing, be really cautious about when the quest expires. For me it's at 2 am Christmas morning. (The timer is inside the quest button.) Even if your last task completes, if you aren't awake to collect and finish, you won't get the final prize.
Yeah, I'm not feeling too great either - gotta love being sick - so I got a start on both the long tasks that require all my Sims when I woke up in the night. I'll probably be spending LPs too cause apparently I can't time this quest alongside my work hours well. Wonder why, huh Firemonkeys? :roll:

The quest finishes at 8pm tonight for me. It's nearly 7am here so who knows whether I'll need LPs or not to finish it - probably just spend them when the task is one hour or something. But I would not have gotten through this quest without them...

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Ok, so I’ve pretty much got all the time in the world (yah, nice, but I’m kinda old and really lucky and I did my time). I set reminders during the day to get tasks started in a timely manner but I’m never waking myself up in the night for this. If I happen to wake up in the night, I might check the game but I might just as easily go back to sleep. Sleep is almost always a better option. Even with all this leisure, though, I’m still using LPs to finish in time because two in the morning is a ridiculous time to get up for anything that’s not an emergency. Sorry y’all have to work for a living. Sorry your bones break. Sorry you just don’t feel good. Really, I am sorry. Everybody should have all the time in the world. What’s wrong with you? :roll: HA! What is wrong with those monkeys? They can’t think they are an emergency can they? :o
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Well I just started the task for 28 hot chocolates and I’m having to use every Sim but my 2 babies, 2 preteens, and one lonely adult. I have stoves sitting every now!

Since I’ve only 4 hours left I’ll be using my stash of LPs to finish this task and the rest of them but I’m going to do best to get that Lake House!

Happy Holidays to one and all!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

I forgot to include the pic I took of stoves in a bedroom. 😉🤣
CC254128-1934-4619-9163-51FD129D4F05.jpeg
Morgan Rose
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

I hope everyone was able to win the lake house. On Monday night I decided to use LPs to blow through the rest of the quest so I could finish early and enjoy Christmas Eve with my family. They are worth dipping into the stash for 😊
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

LittleBean wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 06:36 I hope everyone was able to win the lake house. On Monday night I decided to use LPs to blow through the rest of the quest so I could finish early and enjoy Christmas Eve with my family. They are worth dipping into the stash for 😊
I was very literally ONE SECOND too slow to get the Lake House!🤦‍♀️😭 I hit the button to send my Sim back home but instead of saying I won the message said (too the effect of) too bad, so sad, you lose. And this was after spending a crapload of LP too. I had a bit of trouble with the of the interactions with the Ice Queen. My Sim got the blue footprints of death because the pug was between him and the Ice Queen. Several times. I was panicking since I knew I was short on time but still looked here and found nothing. I tried moving him behind her on the off chance he was blocked, luckily it worked but my faffing around cost me too much time. Oh well. I don’t know if I should be laughing hysterically or crying myself sick. What a wonderful way to start Christmas.☹️ Anyway...

Everyone have a fantastic Christmas no matter if the Lake House is in your future or not. ::BIG HUGS & KISSES::
Morgan Rose
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 07:52
I was very literally ONE SECOND too slow to get the Lake House!🤦‍♀️😭
So sorry to hear this. One year I missed the final prize (ski lodge) by two hours as my mom was in hospital unexpectedly. It is both frustrating and disappointing.

One small consolation. I did get another chance when the event re-ran.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I cracked and spent LPs on the last few tasks 'cause I had a feeling I'd go over the time limit. The Toddler Playhouse hobby literally paid for it...

bloodredroses, I'm gutted for you! I cannot believe that there is no leniency over quests like these, especially when you're so close!

It's ridiculous having quests like these over Christmas! I mean, it's literally a time to spend with your family and friends, not to be on some video game!
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Thanks SKatF & 3luv4eva3!

I’m hoping that I get a chance to try for the Lake House again because there are a lot of items I really, really want but I refuse to pay the outrageous prices that they want for the furniture packs in the store.

I’ll admit I probably can’t entirely blame it on FM but must share part of the blame. I tried to calculate how much time I would need to finish using LPs so I could set an alarm in case I feel asleep. I’ve done this before on quests and it worked but I guess I should have allowed more time since it would have been close even if I hadn’t had problems with a couple of the tasks. One of those ‘live & learn’ things that have happened since I started playing this game. Next time I’ll be sure to add at least 10-15 minutes to my estimate to allow for problems.
Morgan Rose