Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by simmare »

One thing I noticed - if you’re in the yellow zone, click “stop and convince,” and you tie with the Grouch, it counts as a win. Had this happen several times and have won each time
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:52 One thing I noticed - if you’re in the yellow zone, click “stop and convince,” and you tie with the Grouch, it counts as a win. Had this happen several times and have won each time
I tried this. But then the Grouch did beat me and I lost that round :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Being in yellow zone is no guarantee of winning, that's for sure.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

I don’t see how you could get through this thing without spending enormous amounts of SPs.

And sorry - the prizes? Lots of areas - like mine- are on distance learning - last thing we need to see our nice school prizes :D
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

I thought I’d splurge on the 9.99 thing - I regret it.

Was happy to see something new, I guess - the prizes didn’t merit the expense in my opinion ... I suppose I purchased for an improved experience. Have since learned that consumables don’t necessarily enhance my experience with this game. (Once they’re gone, they’re gone.) I played a bit without the upgrade. I think I expected a better experience with the purchase. I find it to be very frustrating that there’s an SP grab to keep an overshot from blowing up the whole investment.

There is definitely a “holding a breath” moment when rolling for the result. That response caused me to nearly buy more social points - which I simply will not do. It’s a money grab after spending money. Not cool.

I’ll play this one out but never again...

The only thing I do like is not having to go to another screen for the roll. Not worth 10 bucks.
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

Only thing I forgot to add in my above post:
At least with arts & crafts, they lower times & numbers of sims needed.
Those things DO enhance my experience. So, if the prizes are worth it, I pay the 4.99 for Laura C.

9.99 Isn’t worth a few consumables. Steep price for not enough experience return.
(Playing/enjoyment experience return, I mean ... I’ve long ago capped my leveling XP ...)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

simmare wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 07:59 Started it, did one challenge. It works exactly like the Sweet Treat Showdowns in Sims Mobile. I can see this being an SP-grab like those STS’s can be a simcash grab. Still, will continue tomorrow to see how it progresses.
I strongly dislike Sweet Treat Showdown events in Sims Mobile. They’re so tedious and can be expensive with simcash.
I agree that this update is an SP grab and I’m not a fan of this update, but I do like the prizes.
So...we’ll see how it goes 🙄🙄🙄...
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I don't see many similarities to Sweet Treat other than some random results. Which I do hate. Both are tedious and repetitive and expensive, but then many EA events seem to be. (Pregnancy, Crafting, SimChase, etc.)

In Sweet Treat the opportunities offered with each round change but at least you can see what percentage you're choosing. I guess one similarity is that the percentage needed to win is hidden. In both, I assume I need to be as close to 100% as possible.
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

This is a total SP grab and it worked like gangbusters on me. I don’t even really like the prizes, but it hooked me to keep spending 15 SPs so I could try again... and again... and again. Until I spent all 150 SPs I had saved up. I now have 4 clan members and no social points.😅

This is a good reminder of why I should never take up gambling in real life—I like it too much. 🤑

I’ve gotta hand it to whoever at EA designed this event, they’re an evil genius (do NOT take that as a compliment if you’re reading this, EA!). I don’t think I’ll be able to gather enough clan members for the grand prize without spending another 150 SP. Which I’ve vowed not to do. Wish me luck!
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I am in the middle of doing an Influence Island challenge and I had to stop and come here vent about how much I dislike this new mini game. It’s stressful because it’s so random. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It’s like throwing a 20 sided dice. There is basically no strategy, just hit the damn buttons and get your hopes bashed. Then the cost of continuing keeps going up as you progress, over a hundred SP, just to keep going. It’s just a cash grab so blatant that I am completely discouraged. This has never happened to me before in playing Sims. I have always shouldered on but I just hate this. So suggestions for the Fire Monkeys— make the stupid numbers MEAN something—have different words make different results with different contestants. Make some things consistent so we can use our brains and figure things out. That will make it interesting anyway. Cut down the SP costs to something reasonable. Also the prizes are definitely not worth this pain or the real money costs let’s be real. There’s a pandemic out there stressing everyone out and most of us are worried about the economy and our jobs and our health and you add to that stress with this new stressful element. :|
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update