All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by Bongi »

Voldyslovechild wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 19:30 :o :( :o :o :(

I’m sorry you had to suffer through this, but you made it!?
I had a feeling this event would suck and opted it out. The prizes are, nice (though I wish the school that was hyped 3 years ago downtown was updated more and playable for all age groups

I figure if any architect homes have these prizes I’ll try to snag em there. Hopefully Erin will give us the heads up
Thank you. Yeah, rough few days here. I decided to just not play for the remainder of this event - it was just too frustrating - so only have a few hours left before it’s over.

My humble opinion is that the event is too randomized and more gambling oriented than I am comfortable with. I wish that I had just opted out like you did ... but now I know - and moving forward, I will not support similar events with my real money. Hopefully EA won’t shift their events to this model - I’m not crazy about the sim chase but at least my success in that type of event is directly related to my participation and not randomized.

It never occurred to me that the architect homes might be graced with some of these prizes! (that’d be awesome!)
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by meadowweaver40 »

My game started crashing again. Contacted FireMonkeys. They let me know they can't address that or the log into FB and GameCenter issues until the next update.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
ErinPW

Re: Influence Island - Season 1: “School Cafeteria“ - Discussion

Post by ErinPW »

The rerun of this event will start on November 17th.

If you started this Event before, but did not complete it, you‘ll have to start over from the beginning. :roll:
You‘ll keep the prizes you won before and get one of those items for free, if you won Create A Sim items they will give you SP instead.
Source
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 15:08 The rerun of this event will start on November 17th.

If you started this Event before, but did not complete it, you‘ll have to start over from the beginning. :roll:
You‘ll keep the prizes you won before and get one of those items for free, if you won Create A Sim items they will give you SP instead.
Source
Influence Island events are the ones I'm most likely not to complete. Sometimes I don't even try. I was disappointed that I had to start over when they came back.

Sim Chase is the same. If you miss a prize, they offer the event again. If you want it, you have to play it from the beginning with low value substitute prizes until you get to the missed prize. Then you can either finish with low value substitute prizes for the rest of the days or just ignore the rest until the event times out.

If they intend to repeat events, it would be much more player friendly if they were designed to start back up where you left off.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 22:00 […]

If they intend to repeat events, it would be much more player friendly if they were designed to start back up where you left off.
Agree! You‘d have a better chance to finish these events, if you could go ahead from the point you left off. The Firemonkeys created repeat events for Sims Mobile this way, so why not do it for SFP as well?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View