Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by ErinPW »

From the official Facebook site of The Sims FreePlay:
Influence Island begins 11 August 7am UTC/ 11 August 5pm AEST/ 11 August 12am PDT.

Copied from ea.com:

To kick off the School’s Out update, take part in a new Survivor-styled game show called, Influence Island. Your Sim must attempt to influence 7 celebrity Sims on the island to join your clan using powers of persuasion!

A rival on the island is also trying to influence the other Sims, so we recommend checking back daily to ensure you remain on track by the end of the event. Through multiple rounds of strategic persuasion, each ‘influencing choice’ will randomly generate a number result, that will slide up your progress bar, increasing your influence on the target. By reaching the green zone for a successful outcome, you will earn Network Tokens to redeem for fun prizes along the way.

Target Sims will start at ‘Neutral’ status. Each successfully completed Influence Challenge will progress them from a ‘Friend’, to an ‘Ally’ and then to the final successful influence stage of, ‘Clan Mate’.

The grand prize for completing the first season of Influence Island is a huge range of high school themed cafeteria décor. Create your own School Campus lunchroom space for students to collect their food and drink from a serving area and take it to a table themselves between classes!
[...]
The FAQ at this forum can be found here.
A video by the Firemonkeys can be found here.

Edit August 8th
It's too late for this event, unfortunately I couldn't do this earlier.
This table with the cost of chocolate, bribe and progress during the event is intended to help with decision and then to keep the amount as low as possible.
Starting a friendship-level from scratch costs 15 SP.
Attachments
Influence Island Season 1
Influence Island Season 1
Last edited by ErinPW on 20 Aug 2020, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added table
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by ErinPW »

We‘ll post screenshots of the prizes later.

The first of every item is free.

Common Prizes
Including home store.
Common Prizes
Common Prizes

Rare Prizes
Including home store
Rare Prizes
Rare Prizes

Grand Prize
Grand Prize
Grand Prize

In home store:
Grand Prize in home store
Grand Prize in home store
Last edited by ErinPW on 17 Aug 2020, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Started it, did one challenge. It works exactly like the Sweet Treat Showdowns in Sims Mobile. I can see this being an SP-grab like those STS’s can be a simcash grab. Still, will continue tomorrow to see how it progresses.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Kem123
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kem123 »

I think I could get used to this, but I'm really not 100% sure how I feel about this yet. I guess I'm just not a fan of the prizes this time so I think it will be a good learning experience to figure out how it works exactly.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I hate the actions. I do not like being forced to lie, trick and bribe, etc. to progress.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Not a fan of the hole thing. (As well as the sweet treat.) I don’t like to be forced to sit over the game and need to be concentrated. i often do this on my own, but then I can take a break whenever I want without fear to lose something. The prizes aren’t my cup of coffee either :?
iOS 17.4.1

bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

This is even more annoying than a Sim Chase season! Plus they want $9.99 for the “survival pack”!😲😤😡
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

Did anyone take numbers to see if it's really randomized or whether some sentences have fixed values?
Level 55 - Seniors quest
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I agree about the prizes. Nothing to be excited about for me, except maybe the water fountain. I don't see the point of another school setting when we already have one, plus the two rabbit hole ones.

I have done two rounds. I don't mind the format as it is over quickly enough, and there is a decent time interval between rounds. I don't plan to do one in the middle of the night, however. I also don't plan to spend SP's as I couldn't care less how far I get. All in all I like it better than the Sim Chase. But anything would be better than that.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

Tried Sim Chase and re-set my game to before I started and have not touched it since. Did the first Sweet Treats on Mobile and gave up afterwards. Don't like the rewards. Never watched survivor tv show. Guess I will ignore this event.
I hope there is something for me to do this game update. Starting to get bored with the same things all the time. Would like another themed event (christmas, easter, etc.).