Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Influence Island - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by SKatF »

I ran into a problem. I was at ally level with a "famous" sim (who are some of these people anyway?) I had to wait for another challenge to be available. When I returned, there were no icons above the famous sims, the Influence menu would freeze the game, tapping on a famous sim would freeze game or crash it. Rest of game was working fine.

Tried a variety of things. Finally had to save game, delete SFP from device, reload from Play Store, and download my game. This brought back the icons, but when I tried to interact with the partially completed famous sim, game froze again.

Finally I tried a famous sim I had never interacted with. Things are going fine so far, but my 2 completed challenges with the problem famous sim will be wasted.

I'm very glad I work on one sim until completed, then to next. I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd had several partially completed.
Dragonfly221
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Dragonfly221 »

I like the idea of this Island game but the prizes are so lame! If they try this game again they really need high end home items or fashion/hair styles to make it worth playing. They have made games with prizes I wanted so much that I barely slept while playing. This is the first event they've had that I don't care about.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 09:32 […]

Finally I tried a famous sim I had never interacted with. Things are going fine so far, but my 2 completed challenges with the problem famous sim will be wasted.

I'm very glad I work on one sim until completed, then to next. I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd had several partially completed.
I‘m glad you found a way out of that bug!

When I sped through on my second device to take screenshots, I found that unused resources will be converted into simoleons in the end. So the time with that one sim you couldn‘t go on with wasn’t totally wasted.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

SKatF wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 09:32 I ran into a problem. I was at ally level with a "famous" sim (who are some of these people anyway?) I had to wait for another challenge to be available. When I returned, there were no icons above the famous sims, the Influence menu would freeze the game, tapping on a famous sim would freeze game or crash it.

Wow, I am glad that I didn’t run into this bug. I elevated all 7 sims up to each level before going onto the next level. I would have been hosed had I encountered the bug
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

OMG - I completely and utterly hate this event!
I have played this game since 2011 - and (sadly) have managed to get to a vip10 level, (which speaks to my willingness to spend real money for digital pleasures... Sims fp is one of, well, the only game that has migrated across all my iPads since... - I think it might have been an iPad 1... )

... and never before this have I been so darn close to just deleting the whole thing and calling it a day.

Life is so hard and frustrating right now. I spent the day managing a dog who attacked a rabid raccoon... struggled with my own nervousness about calling a doctor - (ya know, that whole rabid saliva thing...), along with a kid who resents living in a COVID restricted household ... I was just hoping that this stupid game might be a relaxing diversion for a few minutes ... nope - not in my cards tonight ...

UGH ! I spent all my SP, hoping that maybe something good might happen, only to lose it all in the last two stages.
Right now, I’m done - not a gambler. Can’t bring myself to spend more money because now I have to pay co-pays for post-exposure rabies shots for myself.

Today really sucks. This game wasn’t even the slightest bit of an escape today.
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

managing a dog who attacked a rabid raccoon ...
For the record, my fierce but sweet old dog is ok. Her vaccinations were all up to date, our vet squeezed her in for a rabies booster at the end of the day & her wounds are all superficial.
(I only wish that my health care providers were as accommodating. :cry: )
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The team are aware of the crashing issue.

Here‘s a reply by SimGuruAlana below that tweet:

[…] if you experienced your game crashing please submit a support ticket via this link: https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-sims ... -freeplay/
Or reach out to EAHelp and the team can help with compensation.

So if you have lost Social Points due to crashing on Influence Island, there‘s a good chance to get them back.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

I don't even know what to say about this one. This is disappointing. Influence Island was boring and I only did one day of it before I got fed up. My regular game is unplayable since it crashes upon launching each and every time. I lost out on 1 discovery quest I am doing and 1 hobby I was trying to complete before time was up. I lost LP and SP cause of this stupid game. I thought SimChase was bad, this new thing is really bad.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
Voldyslovechild
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Voldyslovechild »

Bongi wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 01:38 OMG - I completely and utterly hate this event!
I have played this game since 2011 - and (sadly) have managed to get to a vip10 level, (which speaks to my willingness to spend real money for digital pleasures... Sims fp is one of, well, the only game that has migrated across all my iPads since... - I think it might have been an iPad 1... )

... and never before this have I been so darn close to just deleting the whole thing and calling it a day.

Life is so hard and frustrating right now. I spent the day managing a dog who attacked a rabid raccoon... struggled with my own nervousness about calling a doctor - (ya know, that whole rabid saliva thing...), along with a kid who resents living in a COVID restricted household ... I was just hoping that this stupid game might be a relaxing diversion for a few minutes ... nope - not in my cards tonight ...

UGH ! I spent all my SP, hoping that maybe something good might happen, only to lose it all in the last two stages.
Right now, I’m done - not a gambler. Can’t bring myself to spend more money because now I have to pay co-pays for post-exposure rabies shots for myself.

Today really sucks. This game wasn’t even the slightest bit of an escape today.
:o :( :o :o :(

I’m sorry you had to suffer through this, but you made it!?
I had a feeling this event would suck and opted it out. The prizes are, nice (though I wish the school that was hyped 3 years ago downtown was updated more and playable for all age groups

I figure if any architect homes have these prizes I’ll try to snag em there. Hopefully Erin will give us the heads up
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

The prizes didn't seem worth it to me. I won 4 on that Influence Island game before I got bored with it.

FYI. Firemonkeys told me to delete and reinstall the game. They also gave me some LPs (Like 40) and some SPs (only 10) when it reopened. I did let them know though I could not redownload my saved game from Facebook. Instead an error script ran everytime I tried to download and finally did it via GameCenter and there my game from earlier was. I went back in and no crashing! I had to turn off the ad thing again which was annoying. I also had to redress some of my Sims which were running around in sleep wear.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.