Coastal Living Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Coastal Living Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by bloodredroses01 »

So Influence Island: Season 11 & SimChase: Season 30 start on the same day?!?

The game just keeps getting stupider & stupider with every update!🤦‍♀️
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

The Sim Springs event (?) / quest (?) is very interesting, but I'm still a bit confused about the prizes.. and the benefits of the toolboxes lol.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

THREE influence island events in one update? SFP has officially jumped the shark. They just want to schedule every single second of our playing time now, don’t they?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In the meantime I read the changed star rating was not intended and will be corrected with the next major update. Unfortunately I didn‘t save the post and now I don‘t find the original post by Simguru Penny on Twitter :?
bluebeariscool wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 22:49 Just a small thing but ‘load all plates’ in a dishwasher now takes 30 secs rather than the previous 24 secs
This may belong to the star rating issue.
marktheperson wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 11:26 The Sim Springs event (?) / quest (?) is very interesting, but I'm still a bit confused about the prizes.. and the benefits of the toolboxes lol.
I didn‘t start this, yet, as three events at the same time are too much to me right now.
As far as I understand this works like discovery quests: The bus stop will appear as soon as a player reaches level 20 and can be started whenever they feel fit for.
A friend of mine explained the boosters. The cheaper toolbox will help while the tasks for one of the four parts are active. It will shorten times, number of sims needed, one of every day‘s tasks is done and skipping the waiting time towards the next day will cost less SP. The other one will help for all four parts of Sandy Suburbs. It includes the mentioned benefits plus less costs for investments and penalties, the outfit of the quest-NPC and some perks for neighborhood tasks. (Hope I got it all.)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Rachhhh
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Rachhhh »

simmare wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 04:03 THREE influence island events in one update? SFP has officially jumped the shark. They just want to schedule every single second of our playing time now, don’t they?
The odd thing is I really do prefer influence island events to the simchase events! I just completed my first ever simchase but I had to spend real money to get SP... I just really wanted those bifold doors! And even then, I still lost out on 2 prizes.

With influence island, I find it much less stressful and have always managed to complete it, and I can even have a day off halfway through and still be able to win the prizes
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I've been trying to download this update on my iPad since it came out and so far, no dice. It's completely disappeared at least twice and I've had to restart. I already have to delete my game in order to have room to install the update so this may actually be it for me for this game. I'm certainly not going to get to do the first few quests!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The Firemonkeys are working on several bugs. Hope, they‘ll be able to fix them all, soon!

SFP Twitter
SFP Facebook
Hi Simmers!
We've seen reports come through from players who are experiencing issues in the current update. Here's some of the details of the reports we've received and what we are working on:
- Some build mode star ratings were changed unintentionally. These items have been restored to their correct star ratings from the next update.
- Some players who purchased the Sim Springs Toolbox Boost Packs were getting stuck because the pizza boxes and trash bags remained in the scene. Related to this, some players were able to finish Sim Springs and still have the clearables in the finished house. This issue is currently under investigation.
- Some players may experience the game crashing when they open their game, causing the game to reset all Sims actions related to Sim Springs tasks. This issue is currently under investigation.
- Some players were able to remove all pizza boxes and trash bags from Sim Springs, but were unable to progress. This issue is currently under investigation.
- Some players have reported being unable to download save data from the cloud. This is under investigation.
If you are experiencing bugs outside of these scenarios, please let us know as we continue to investigate and fix these issues. Thank you for your patience as we resolve these matters.
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I have moved some posts to an own topic: Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs, so we can post tips and possible solutions for the bug at an own place.
iOS 17.4.1

mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Some of my pools are turning green even though there is a pool cleaner in them. Weird
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 05:40 Some of my pools are turning green even though there is a pool cleaner in them. Weird
This may happen if the game has crashed. The pool cleaners do stop their work just like our sims do. But they‘ll start to work again after visiting the lots that include a pool.
iOS 17.4.1