The Update will go live soon.

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Coastal Living Update
Version 5.61.1 (Bugfix)
Version 5.61.1 (Bugfix)
Bugfix available from July 9th
Version 5.61.1

Copied in parts from the article:

Sul Sul,

Whether your Sims enjoy the seaside or look forward to a beach vacation, the coast holds a special place in everyone’s heart! Create fond memories and bring the colors of the ocean inside your home with effortless style. The rewards in this update are inspired by neutral tones, marine life, beach and timber textures that encompass the charm of coastal living. Every day will feel like a day at the beach!

Pride Month
Happy Pride Month! Now more than ever, it’s important to remember that while Pride is a time for celebration, it’s also a moment for reflection and solidarity. We appreciate having Simmers just like you in our player community and are grateful for your passion that continually helps shape the future of FreePlay! We’re gifting everyone a free ‘Pride Pack’ that includes 19 official flags and a new funky rainbow side hairstyle for male and female Sims! Head to the online store now.

Sim Springs – New Town and Neighborhood
You’ve been asking for more places to build without demolishing all of your favorite lots in SimTown! Well, our game team have been hard at work creating a new town and neighborhood for you to do just that! Welcome to Sim Springs – a huge tumbleweed town with untapped potential waiting for your Sims to rebuild it from the ground up! Do your Sims have what it takes to save Sim Springs from an oily fate?
Available to all players from Level 20, visit the new bus stop in SimTown to travel to Sim Springs. The brand-new map location is divided up into a series of neighborhoods, with the first neighborhood launching in this update called Sandy Suburbs. It isn't quite a blank slate though - there are four “fixer upper” house lots in Sandy Suburbs that all need a little bit of love, so it's time to renovate! As you upgrade and improve the town to make it a better place for your Sims to live, you’ll see visual upgrades that transform it into a real oasis!
It’s up to you to upgrade the lots, then improve the Sandy Suburbs neighborhood, then finally Sim Springs! The fourth lot in each neighborhood will always be a special one – a brand new ‘Community Lot’ type!

There are many rewards for upgrading Sim Springs, which also include brand new autonomy skills for your Sims! Sims of all age groups will be able to read books, use a laptop and study at a desk everywhere once you’ve unlocked them.

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all events begin 7AM UTC):
  • NEW Pride Month Free Pack 2021: Available for 30 days from 14 June
    NEW Influence Island Season 11 – Yacht Club: 10-day event starting from 15 June
    NEW SimChase Season 30: Seaside Strife! 9-day event starting from 15 June
    NEW ‘Captivating Coast’ Live Event: 10-day event starting Thursday 24 June
    NEW Maternity Pack 21 - Start a Pregnancy Event between 28 June – 6 July, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
    NEW Influence Island Season 12 - Wine Cellar: 10-day event starting from 2 July
    NEW Influence Island Season 13 – Art Deco V2: 10-day event starting from 15 July
Reruns:
  • ‘Styles of Time’ Time Capsule Quest Player Favorite Rerun: 14-day event starting from 28 June
    ‘Romantic Garden’ Live Event Rerun: 10-day event starting 15 July
    ‘Long Hair Event’ Hobby Rerun: 7-day event starting from 16 July
    ‘SimChase S10: Floral Feud Rerun: 7-day event starting from 16 July
News
(Shortened from the article.)

Free ‘Pride Pack’ in online store now.
New Town and Neighborhood - Sim Springs

Home Store Category: Because your Sims can unlock an adorable new dog kennel and cat bed in our latest SimChase Season 30 event, we’re surfacing the 'Pets’ category! If you haven’t unlocked this feature, it'll be locked/greyed out, but with clear instructions on the requirements and path you’ll need to take to access the 'A Puppy Odyssey’ Quest!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes

The star rating of some items in Home Store has been changed. This wasn’t intended and is supposed to be corrected with the next update.
The costs for skipping most of the weekly- and social tasks have been changed.

Fixed Game crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs while doing tasks with multiple sims in Tumbleweed Terrace and Dusty Dwelling at the same time. Please, if possible contact the Online Support. The more players do, the bigger the chance the bug will be fixed soon.
Separate topic for this: Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburb.

Attachments
Version 5.61.0
Version 5.61.0
Last edited by ErinPW on 19 Jul 2021, 08:35, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 30: “Seaside Strife!“ (9 days)

Post by mudgenie »

I have not gotten the update yet in the App store, has anyone else had this issue?
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Re: Coastal Living Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 19:10 I have not gotten the update yet in the App store, has anyone else had this issue?
A Game Changer wrote „Update release on 14th at 10.30 pm UTC“ which is two hours ahead from now. But those times are always mentioned with „subject to change“.
iOS 17.4.1

mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

So it did not show the Update in the App Store —old picture and it said “open” not update), so I eventually decided to click on the Sims FreePlay app in the App Store to look at the version of the App that I had and suddenly the Update is there on that page. If I click back it still has the old picture but now it says Update. So I check my iPad to see if there is an Update—no, same deal. So I decide this must be a weird glitch and do the same thing on the iPad and magically the Update is suddenly there, just like my phone.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mudgenie wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 02:33 So it did not show the Update in the App Store —old picture and it said “open” not update), so I eventually decided to click on the Sims FreePlay app in the App Store to look at the version of the App that I had and suddenly the Update is there on that page. If I click back it still has the old picture but now it says Update. So I check my iPad to see if there is an Update—no, same deal. So I decide this must be a weird glitch and do the same thing on the iPad and magically the Update is suddenly there, just like my phone.
I think updates to different devices may be uploaded separately to play store. The update for Kindle is always after for my android phone and tablet, sometimes many hours later.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

3 Influence Islands .... yikes!
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

mudgenie wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 02:33 So it did not show the Update in the App Store —old picture and it said “open” not update), so I eventually decided to click on the Sims FreePlay app in the App Store to look at the version of the App that I had and suddenly the Update is there on that page. If I click back it still has the old picture but now it says Update. So I check my iPad to see if there is an Update—no, same deal. So I decide this must be a weird glitch and do the same thing on the iPad and magically the Update is suddenly there, just like my phone.
Thanks for the tip, this is how I eventually found my update too! Would have missed it otherwise.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The star rating of some items in Home Store have been changed. The ones in my screenshot are from the Online Store. Hope, many players will complain!
701E878C-2B2F-4595-960A-F84BB8F4F326.jpeg

The free pack for Pride Month was in the Online Store right after updating.
Pride Flags & Hairstyles
Pride Flags & Hairstyles
More pictures can be found here

Location of the new Bus Stop.
Bus Stop
Bus Stop
iOS 17.4.1

bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Just a small thing but ‘load all plates’ in a dishwasher now takes 30 secs rather than the previous 24 secs
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

ErinPW wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 13:36 The star rating of some items in Home Store have been changed. The ones in my screenshot are from the Online Store. Hope, many players will complain!

701E878C-2B2F-4595-960A-F84BB8F4F326.jpeg

The free pack for Pride Month was in the Online Store right after updating.
5776E7F5-0112-4B7A-AC00-87AEEDE85199.jpeg

More pictures can be found here

Location of the new Bus Stop.

F791A457-B4E6-401E-947C-F2AD7E0177EF.jpeg
I did notice the downgrading of some bookcases and the optimist in me hoping it didn’t co-incide with book cases being placed a first task in the new town :?
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)