Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs

Post by simgrrl »

Not sure if I’m posting it in the right place but anyone else here doing the Sandy Suburbs quest/tasks? I’m now doing Dusty Dwelling Day 5 and trying to complete the “Find Suburban Blueprints” task and every time I open the game it crashes and once the game loads all my sims have stopped whatever they’re doing. I ended up redoing it but when I checked back after 3 hours it happened all over again. It requires 15 sims and will cost a lot of SP’s (which I don’t have) to skip it. I did other Day 5 tasks no problem except for this one. I’m also doing the live event but no crashing happens when I open my game to check on my sims doing that. Anyone else have experienced the same thing? I’m about to send a ticket at firemonkeys after I post this. Hopefully, I’ll hear from them soon.
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Coastal Living Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by jaymart »

simgrrl wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 19:31 Not sure if I’m posting it in the right place but anyone else here doing the Sandy Suburbs quest/tasks? I’m now doing Dusty Dwelling Day 5 and trying to complete the “Find Suburban Blueprints” task and every time I open the game it crashes and once the game loads all my sims have stopped whatever they’re doing. I ended up redoing it but when I checked back after 3 hours it happened all over again. It requires 15 sims and will cost a lot of SP’s (which I don’t have) to skip it. I did other Day 5 tasks no problem except for this one. I’m also doing the live event but no crashing happens when I open my game to check on my sims doing that. Anyone else have experienced the same thing? I’m about to send a ticket at firemonkeys after I post this. Hopefully, I’ll hear from them soon.
I had this issue with one of the Day 2 Dusty Dwelling task, also for finding some multiple objects (photos I thinks) with 8 sims. At first I had some doing this task in Tumbleweed terrace (it says you can do it anywhere in Sandy suburbs) and it kept crashing. Then I moved them to Dusty Dwelling and they were able to complete, I thought it was something with this task and Tumbleweed house. Hadn't seen such crashes again but I'm still on Day 4. With 15 sims we have to use both places or do the task several times. You can try checking Dusty Dwelling first and see if it is possible to complete at least there. But yes, there is some bug related to finding multiple objects in Sandy suburbs houses.
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simgrrl »

jaymart wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 22:07 I had this issue with one of the Day 2 Dusty Dwelling task, also for finding some multiple objects (photos I thinks) with 8 sims. At first I had some doing this task in Tumbleweed terrace (it says you can do it anywhere in Sandy suburbs) and it kept crashing. Then I moved them to Dusty Dwelling and they were able to complete, I thought it was something with this task and Tumbleweed house. Hadn't seen such crashes again but I'm still on Day 4. With 15 sims we have to use both places or do the task several times. You can try checking Dusty Dwelling first and see if it is possible to complete at least there. But yes, there is some bug related to finding multiple objects in Sandy suburbs houses.
You’re right. It looks like the crash only happens when I do tasks on Tumbleweed terrace. I only had 10 sims find blueprints in Dusty Dwelling and the game didn’t crash. I have to do it twice though to complete the blueprints required. Day 6 just started and it says my progress is blocked until I finish my leftover task. I hope they fix this bug soon cause I’m sure there will be more tasks needing 10+ sims in the coming days.
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

Same problem here.
Had them looking for blueprints in the two houses en when the finished the game crashes and all sims stoped doing there tasks. So they stopped half way the live event. Even the toddlers stopped playing. And this happened twice!
Not sure now if I will finish the life event. This really sucks. :evil:
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simgrrl »

Spirit64 wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 13:23 Same problem here.
Had them looking for blueprints in the two houses en when the finished the game crashes and all sims stoped doing there tasks. So they stopped half way the live event. Even the toddlers stopped playing. And this happened twice!
I think we should just avoid doing tasks in Tumbleweed Terrace until they fix this bug. I finished day 5 by finding blueprints in Dusty Dwelling 2 times since maximum sims per house is only 10. I finished late so I had to pay for an extension (100 000+ simoleons) to continue playing for day 6. Luckily, for day 6 there are no tasks needing multiple sims. But this bug and the scheduling of events for this update are just so frustrating. This whole game is frustrating!
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

So I’m not sure if this is a bug that will repeat for others or if it was just my device, but I’m going to mention it here just in case it helps someone else. I was working on Day 5 of the Dusty Dwelling doing a task that involved both Sandy Suburbs houses, 15 Sims eating out of 15 fridges. Clicked on Dusty house, fine, all Sims finished the task. When I went to the other lot (the Tumbleweed one), the game crashed. I forced closed the game, it crashed 4 times in a row after that just trying to open the game. I lost all progress in the game because all the Sims stopped their tasks. Force closing the game didn’t help in this instance. I didn’t have a recent save to go back to unfortunately so I was pretty much stuck with what happened.
Edit: I wrote this before I read the other posts on this, so I guess it’s an issue for everyone
Last edited by mudgenie on 30 Jun 2021, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

simgrrl wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 17:20
Spirit64 wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 13:23 Same problem here.
I think we should just avoid doing tasks in Tumbleweed Terrace until they fix this bug. I finished day 5 by finding blueprints in Dusty Dwelling 2 times since maximum sims per house is only 10. I finished late so I had to pay for an extension (100 000+ simoleons) to continue playing for day 6. Luckily, for day 6 there are no tasks needing multiple sims. But this bug and the scheduling of events for this update are just so frustrating. This whole game is frustrating!
Thanks, I am trying that now with the blueprints. But still have to do the fridge task. Hopefully this will work
Last edited by Spirit64 on 30 Jun 2021, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I‘m not that far, yet, as I started late and still work on Tumbleweed Terrace. But players are talking about those crashes on FB and at the German forum, too. It looks like all tasks for multiple sims are effected if you need both houses and it only happens when you go to Tumbleweed Terrace. Some players said, they teared down the original house And built a new one, others said they didn‘t use the sim tracker but went via the town map to the house. But this may have been random and hasn‘t been confirmed by many players.

One thing that needs to be tested is, to be in Tumbleweed Terrace before the sims are done with those tasks.

So far the safest way to avoid crashes seems to do those tasks in Dusty Dwelling only, which means you have to wait twice. If you plan to use SP, have a look at the task list. Possibly you can catch up the lost time with less SP, if you skip other tasks.

If you ran into this bug, please contact the Online Support. The more players do, the better! If you had to use SP you may get refund.

Uploading to the Cloud is always a good idea, but there‘s the bad bug, that many players couldn‘t retrieve their latest save. I ran into this by myself and luckily I always have a recent save on my phone. Other players have lost their game. I recommend to use another device if possible. Upload to the cloud and download to the other device right away. If the download fails, you can upload again from the first device and try to download again. Even if it’s not the most recent data on a second device, you‘d not lose the entire game.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Yes, I’m running into the same problem with the blueprints. What a waste of time and resources. I hope they fix this soon. I guess I should contac support too.
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

Contacted the online support yesterday to report the crashing. And to my surprise I received 112 SP just now when I opened the game.
Do not know if the problem is solved but at least I have my SP back.