Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Crashes in Sim Springs/Sandy Suburbs

Post by ErinPW »

ErinPW wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 18:41
LJoughin wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 14:46 Had to register to ask this ! Has anyone started Arid Apartments quest and is the game still crashing because I’m hoping it was just tumbleweed terrace that was causing the issues with multiple sims on task as my 7 day timer is nearly up
Welcome to the forum, LJoughin!

So far I only read that it‘s better to avoid the first house and this should be possible for working on the third one. Sorry that I can‘t tell more :?
A few minutes ago I read about crashes while Arid Apartments, too, if the tasks were running in the Appartments and in Dusty Dwelling :evil:
So the only way is to complete the tasks in a second go.

If you have to use SP to catch up the lost time, contact the Firemonkeys to get refund.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

LJoughin wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 14:46 Had to register to ask this ! Has anyone started Arid Apartments quest and is the game still crashing because I’m hoping it was just tumbleweed terrace that was causing the issues with multiple sims on task as my 7 day timer is nearly up
I have just completed the 12 Sim task for Arid Apartments and no crashes! I only used the Arid Apartments and the Dusty Dwelling houses. It appears that the glitch is limited to the Tumbleweed Terrace house. Thank goodness.
Edit: So I just read that some people are still having problems so I will go over what I did. I did 10 Sims at Arid Apartments, let them complete their tasks while I waited, saved and then checked my other 2 Sims by clicking on the Sim rather than going to the map. I don’t know if it makes any difference but maybe it does.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

mudgenie wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 05:47
amberkat wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 19:42 having spent 200 of my 220 social points, I hope they fix this problem soon. Will take a break before starting arid apartment.
Did you put in a ticket with the Sims Firemonkeys (help)? They will give over a hundred SPs if you let them know that you are experiencing this bug.
I did, but so far only 'we know about the problem and working on a fix' non answer. No SPs :(
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

mudgenie wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 00:03 I have just completed the 12 Sim task for Arid Apartments and no crashes! I only used the Arid Apartments and the Dusty Dwelling houses. It appears that the glitch is limited to the Tumbleweed Terrace house. Thank goodness.
Edit: So I just read that some people are still having problems so I will go over what I did. I did 10 Sims at Arid Apartments, let them complete their tasks while I waited, saved and then checked my other 2 Sims by clicking on the Sim rather than going to the map. I don’t know if it makes any difference but maybe it does.
Maybe how you go to the house does make a difference. I just had a crash doing Arid Apartment tasks in Dusty Dwelling house, I think I left Dusty Dwelling house open when exiting the game. And then it started to crash, this time I couldn't open game at all until wiped out all the data and restored from image saved 3 hours back (good thing it worked). So game is still crashing even without using Tumbleweed house. I think the safest route is to do all the tasks in one current house, like Arid Apartment tasks in Arid Apartment house. Takes time but crashes are worse, I can live with lost time and even lost progress but don't want to lose the game.
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for all the responses - think I’m just going to use Arid apartments and take the time to save on the crashes, it’s annoying as I like the stacking washer and dryer sets
cepezet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by cepezet »

Yay! It seems that they fixed this bug with todays update.
I made a test on stage 5 of the Arid Apartment quest and I could use all three houses simultanously. I tried with an early finishing with SPs, which also didn‘t work before. I expect that also finishing tasks regularily will be fine now.
GC: cepezet
Lvl 59, TV >2bn
HFN: #1 East Side
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The Firemonkeys have released a hotfix! Click here to find more infos.

If this update doesn‘t show up in the „Update available“ list:
Go to your purchased apps, scroll down to SFP.
Probably it will still show the button „Open“. Then tap the app-icon to find the update-button.
You can also use the search in your App Store.

Again they say: “If you have been affected by these issues you can submit a support request to receive compensation here: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new

It may be a good idea to take a screenshot within the game before sending the ticket. In case they push SPs into your game without a popup, you can check the amount after receiving a reply from the Firemonkeys.
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

cepezet wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 05:39 Yay! It seems that they fixed this bug with todays update.
I made a test on stage 5 of the Arid Apartment quest and I could use all three houses simultanously. I tried with an early finishing with SPs, which also didn‘t work before. I expect that also finishing tasks regularily will be fine now.
Thanks for letting us know!
iOS 17.4.1

Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

Just noticed the update in the App Store, I was taking a break until they fixed it….. happy days! 😀
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
RobynE
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RobynE »

I logged in just now and I have 206 SP. There was a thanks from fire monkeys message. I had 2 or 3 SP previously.