Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
PlayingWithCaio
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Canges, Bugs

Post by PlayingWithCaio »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 13:36 First off, THANK YOU for sharing the video it was very helpful in pointing out the current bugs! But now I am in a quandary - do I update or not?🤔

Since I didn’t start playing SFP until October 2013 (almost two years after the game started in Dec2011) I’m wondering if I will be hit with any of the insidious bugs that are causing such problems for longer-term players. I usually update a day or two after the update drops so I can avoid any major hassles and it’s helped so much at keeping my frustration with the game at a lower level.

I kinda want to update so I can get started on the never ending GRIND that comes with an update these days but this update is soooo buggy!!! Plus I don’t see what real purpose the new “improvements” serve in the game. It all makes me hesitant to update but I hate to get behind/miss out on Events. What should I do?
I started playing the game around the same time as you (Dec/2013) and didn't get any soft lock bugs. The only thing that happened to me was that I had to re-do 3 hobbies I've done in the past, as they apparently didn't count when I did them originally.
The problem some people are having (from what I've seen) is that those who started playing from launch didn't have to do certain tasks to unlock stuff like marriage, kids, as these tasks were added later to the game and now the game is saying that even though they unlock the features, they didn't do the tasks, which causes a soft lock, since they can't do the task as they've already unlocked the rewards.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I started my current sims game February 2016 and the only things it lists as incomplete are carreers like politician, artist etc. Thankfully it doesn’t list any of the Professions like police officer. I would hate to repeat those.

The only other things it lists is empty lots, for example Ocean View Residences it lists 13/14 built. I keep one open on purpose to check architect homes.

Just look whatever is missing a ✔️ checkmark. Don’t get confused by the colors like me. Those are just for different categories.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 20:55
The only other things it lists is empty lots, for example Ocean View Residences it lists 13/14 built. I keep one open on purpose to check architect homes.
So you think 14/14 means fill all 14 lots? I was afraid they meant build 14 kinds and had no idea which I had missed. I also keep open lots for architect home viewing. If it's any 14, maybe I can build, collect prize and then demolish?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yay, it worked. I put two cheap houses on large lots (they say ocean front but one was large lot not on ocean on island) and 12/14 went to 14/14 when they completed. Then I collected the prize. Next I demolished the two houses and task remained completed and progress bar did not drop back on Simdex.

So you can complete task and still keep open lot afterwards. For a price.
Zuzupj
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zuzupj »

C8496EF3-06A1-47D0-9EB6-708A9891A355.jpeg
Here’s my locked pool stuff but it shows the checkmarks for the requirements so I’m not sure what I’m missing.
Zuzupj
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zuzupj »

I just watched the video and understand what’s the issue. So I guess now it’s a waiting game for them to fix the bugs for those of us stuck on quests that don’t exist. I can’t delete my above post.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Zuzupj wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 23:58 I just watched the video and understand what’s the issue. So I guess now it’s a waiting game for them to fix the bugs for those of us stuck on quests that don’t exist. I can’t delete my above post.
Pretty frustrating to be locked out of things you bought and have used for years isn't it?
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by Chezza »

Thanks for the info folks. After the experience of the last update, I decided to check here before updating….I’m so glad I did. I’ve been playing since day 1, have everything completed/unlocked. I won’t be updating until the bugs are fixed… I don’t need the stress! 😩
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
warior
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by warior »

Had to bulid 2-3 houses, did again aerobics hobby and completed again 4-5 careers (1 for preteen! - student) and then got all prizes for my 2 4-5 years old games - 17 keys and a lot of stuff (incl. 4-5 houses and outfits) - not bad for 1 hour :)

Bad thing is that new version not works on android v4.2 - my 7 year tablet can't play it anymore :(
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Well I updated today and that turned out to be a bloody stupid mistake!😡🤬

Let’s see how badly the SimDex is screwed up:
FOUR careers that I did a very long time ago.
EIGHT quests that I’ve already completed.
And something that will drive me crazy because I’m a bit of a ‘completist’ — I have to build the Supermarket, the Maternity Store, 4 Downtown Developer sites, and Sim Springs plus the Cars In Lots and Maternity Quests, all of which I was happily able to ignore but now that there’s a checklist I feel compelled to do them in spite of the MILLIONS & MILLIONS of simoleons it’s gonna cost!☹️

I went ahead and switched a few Sim’s jobs around since that’s the easiest problem to fix. On the other hand, the Quests I’ve already completed I have absolutely no idea of what to do other than wait for FM to hopefully fix it. (Not gonna be holding my breath🙄🤷‍♀️) The rest of it will just slowly drive me mad until I can force myself to do them. I’ve been avoiding doing them because I really don’t want the hassle of these annoying sounding quests.

This latest idiocy from FireMonkeys just might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Thanks everyone for putting up with yet another of my rants!😘
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update