Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update is supposed to go live on Monday 26th of July 2021, 10.30 p.m. UTC. (Subject to change)
Event Start time is always 7:00 a.m. UTC.
(Source)

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Joyous Japan Update
Version 5.62.0
Version 5.62.0
Version 5.62.-

Copied in parts from the article:

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PDT):
  • NEW Influence Island Season 14 ‘Wabi Sabi Bedroom & Bathroom’: 10-day event starting from 27 July
    NEW SimChase Season 31 ‘Samurai Showdown!’: 9-day event starting from 27 July
    NEW 'Joyous Japan’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 5 August
    NEW Maternity Pack 22: Start a pregnancy event between 9 –17 August, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
    NEW SimChase Season 32 ‘Park Pitfall!’: 7-day event starting from 16 August
    NEW Influence Island Season 15 'New York Loft 2.0’: 10-day event starting from 24 August
Reruns:
  • ‘HANS ON’ Player Favourite Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 9 August
    'Holiday High Rise’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 19 August
    SimChase Season 15 'Bedroom Bedlam!’: 7-day event starting from 29 August
    'Boutique Hair’ Long Hair Hobby Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 29 August

News
(Shortened from the article)
Introducing the ‘SimDex’ at the ‘Active Tasks’ menu which now include the addition of two new tabs – the ‘Progress’ and ‘SimDex’ tabs.
The new ‘SimDex’ tab gives a snapshot of ALL non-live event content within The Sims FreePlay. Quests, Hobbies, Careers and everything in between is listed in a series of ‘Level Buckets’. These buckets show you what you can complete at that Player Level. We’ve also added a handy ‘Visit Location’ button to some items in the SimDex to help you find your way faster!

Furthermore, you’ll now also earn ‘Progress Points’ whenever you complete an item in the SimDex! Collect enough points to earn awesome new prizes, just for playing the game! Note that you’ll automatically be awarded Progress Points for any content you’ve already completed.The ‘Progress’ tab gives you a holistic view of how much of the game you have completed, and how many Progress Points you’ve earned from each feature! If you ever forget what anything means, tap on the handy info button in either the ‘SimDex’ or ‘Progress’ tabs!

Home Store Categories – Support Posts While you’re in Build Mode, you’ll now see a new option to access ‘Support Posts’ to make your multistory creations even more architecturally designed.
If you haven’t unlocked this feature, it'll be locked/greyed out, but with clear instructions on the requirements and path you’ll need to take to access the feature. Complete all 'Quests in Queue' in the Active Tasks Menu including, Level 17 'Multi-Story Renovation' then, finish:
Level 15 'DIY Homes: Peaceful Patio and 'DIY HOMES: Lovey-Dovey Balcony’ Discovery Quest from Level 17.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Last edited by ErinPW on 29 Jul 2021, 07:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: .
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Canges, Bugs

Post by chamilet »

Is Holiday High Rise the Christmas Quest that crashed my game? The one from December 2020?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

chamilet wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 22:49 Is Holiday High Rise the Christmas Quest that crashed my game? The one from December 2020?
Probably not. The Holiday High Rise Live Event was new in June 2019 and it‘s not listed as repeat in the latest December/January update.
iOS 17.4.1

chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Ah. Christmas in London is what I think I need to do with my game that crashed.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

TOO SOON! MUCH, MUCH TOO SOON!!!😡
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I have things markes as locked I cleraly hat unlocked before fe the posts for balconys. It also shows quests as not done I had done. Very Disappointing.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

Lenny wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 10:37 I have things markes as locked I cleraly hat unlocked before fe the posts for balconys. It also shows quests as not done I had done. Very Disappointing.
This has happened to me too. I have everything “unlocked” previously as I have completed everything to date… (except for the pregnancy events until they allow us to spend the accumulated coins).

It really sucks that I can’t access some items now :(

Have you sent a ticket to fire monkeys about it?
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
PlayingWithCaio
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PlayingWithCaio »

This happened to me too. It said that I hadn't completed 3 hobbies, even though I had already gotten the original prizes and had those 3 LP as a reward now.
Same with the careers. I've completed all of them years ago, but now only says I've done 3 of them.
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

Hmm. This sounds troubling. I haven’t done the update yet cause I was worried about issues like this! I’ve been playing since Sims FreePlay first started and have everything unlocked/completed (though I also skip most of the pregnancy events, they are just too tedious!) Now I’m not sure if I should update…
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

This SimDex issue is going on in my game as well and players are posting about it all over the Sims Community. Joy is showing whats going on in her game.

iOS 17.4.1