Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Joyous Japan Update - Infos, Canges, Bugs

Post by Lenny »

Yeah I have already filed a ticket. Only got an automated response so far. I have done all quests except the maternity quest. But now the posts, the stairs and the pool stuff are locked. I can place items from inventory but can't buy anything new.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

I also have locked items issue, does not bother me that much as I don't actively play anymore, just doing some quests like Sim Springs. But it is annoying that they have so many serious bugs lately. And latest update is done in a hurry, they even left Debug tab on.
Attachments
SFP_Screenshot_20210727-121709.jpg
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Disappointed they did not fix the lower star issue with some furniture from last update. I used, even bought, furniture with 3 star ratings to help with simchase and pregnancy event task lengths. They remain at 1 star.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I had leveled every job up to top level. But due to replacing some sims with super sims, I current have some professions/careers with no one at top level. In order to collect rewards I'll have to redo this task with each. With overlapping events now, it's harder to free sims up for work, so this is really annoying.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 17:48 Disappointed they did not fix the lower star issue with some furniture from last update. I used, even bought, furniture with 3 star ratings to help with simchase and pregnancy event task lengths. They remain at 1 star.
I only found a few items that have the three stars back. Do you have screenshots of the items that haven‘t been changed back, so we can compare with older pictures? It would also be good to report this to the Firemonkeys, so they get to know what items they have missed to correct.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I admit, just checked one item so far. I used it a lot and it was unchanged. Grand Blanc bookcase. After your post, I did see the single version was restored.
Attachments
20210727_141427.jpg
20210727_141458.jpg
20210727_141514.jpg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm getting this frequently when opening game. On several devices: android phone, android tablet, Kindle. Game seems to play OK when OK is clicked. Any idea what it's about?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210728-005608_Sims FreePlay.jpg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I have a new category in home store called DeBug:New. Many items in category, all inaccessible. No idea what it's about.
Attachments
20210728_010358.jpg
20210728_010415.jpg
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

Damn I was hoping that the Grand Blanc bookcases would go back to 3 stars
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

First off, THANK YOU for sharing the video it was very helpful in pointing out the current bugs! But now I am in a quandary - do I update or not?🤔

Since I didn’t start playing SFP until October 2013 (almost two years after the game started in Dec2011) I’m wondering if I will be hit with any of the insidious bugs that are causing such problems for longer-term players. I usually update a day or two after the update drops so I can avoid any major hassles and it’s helped so much at keeping my frustration with the game at a lower level.

I kinda want to update so I can get started on the never ending GRIND that comes with an update these days but this update is soooo buggy!!! Plus I don’t see what real purpose the new “improvements” serve in the game. It all makes me hesitant to update but I hate to get behind/miss out on Events. What should I do?
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update