All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Maximalist Safari Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by kls1st »

Yah, messed me up too.
I did discover that the Blue Study Books allow many, many sims to access one stack.
990350B1-EBB2-48B7-A477-48B75B25F35B.jpeg
They wait in line for it :D
F590AFD2-E283-42BB-BEEF-54C6FAF93C81.jpeg
They don’t wait in line for it too :lol: Its good Callee and Lovey are friends!
EB0E39C0-1C9E-4CEB-9D99-71E90278594C.jpeg
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

The chalet single white, black, and blonde windows are all white now :roll:
34F18D1E-5DC7-4A0C-84A2-A16CB1CA6477.jpeg
13347DF9-1A8C-400C-A9D5-25E82AD37DDF.jpeg
F3CFD5A6-180E-41AF-A7FF-088487C2304A.jpeg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

+.jana.+ wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:30 Not sure if it’s a bug or a feature… hopefully a bug and will be fixed: 3-star bookshelves that had 4 access points now have just 1 😕 had to re-arrange some that were at the walls, and it also means we now need 1 bookshelf per sim for multi-sim tasks (up to 4 sims could search in a bookshelf before)
The bookshelf thing is driving me mad. A couple updates ago, they reduced star value of my favorite bookshelves, so I had to change them. Now the access points are reduced and I had to rearrange my homes again.

I see no value to players in these changes
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

What the heck! I'm still working on Simchase and Influence Island (plus a Downtown Developer) when the Crafting event starts. This is nuts.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Another bug:

When your sims are fully inspired, the actions are supposed to take shorter time. It doesn’t work correctly for the crafting stations though.

When you start the shortest task with an inspired sim, it shows duration 2:23, and the timer starts correctly. However, as soon as you switch away from the lot where your crafting sim is, the time changes to the regular 2:30. this happens consistently.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

+.jana.+ wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 19:51 Another bug:

When your sims are fully inspired, the actions are supposed to take shorter time. It doesn’t work correctly for the crafting stations though.

When you start the shortest task with an inspired sim, it shows duration 2:23, and the timer starts correctly. However, as soon as you switch away from the lot where your crafting sim is, the time changes to the regular 2:30. this happens consistently.
…to add: even if you don’t leave the lot - even quitting the app and resuming later causes the same issue (tried with the longest 8:03 task - turned into 8:30).
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

+.jana.+ wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 23:25

…to add: even if you don’t leave the lot - even quitting the app and resuming later causes the same issue (tried with the longest 8:03 task - turned into 8:30).
This happens with hobbies and other tasks as well. Should we be surprised that this helpful feature doesn‘t work? I‘m not.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

This has not been my experience. I use Android tablet or phone or Kindle. Inspired sims get 5% reduction in time. Super baby sims get the 5% plus their normal reduction. When I set a timer and return, they're right on schedule. After I read your post I checked back a couple times to see, and they stayed on shortened time the whole shift.

Possibly once or twice in the past week they were a few minutes late. I thought I had made a mistake with timer. But might have been the error you mentioned occurring rarely.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 08:28

This has not been my experience. I use Android tablet or phone or Kindle. Inspired sims get 5% reduction in time. Super baby sims get the 5% plus their normal reduction. When I set a timer and return, they're right on schedule. After I read your post I checked back a couple times to see, and they stayed on shortened time the whole shift.

Possibly once or twice in the past week they were a few minutes late. I thought I had made a mistake with timer. But might have been the error you mentioned occurring rarely.
Interesting! I play on iOS and have the same issue like many players.
The first screenshot shows the task time right after my Sims started. Then I left them and when I came back right away I took the second screenshot. They really have to work the usual time for Supersims.
Attachments
3B45CF10-250A-4CC0-B389-5C5E38A57405.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I found something new:

Having a cooked meal now takes 5 minutes instead of 10.

The screenshots show 1 a Sim in a former update, 2 a happy Sim and 3 a fully inspired Supersim in the current update.
Have a meal
Have a meal

And an annoying graphic issue has been fixed.
Attachments
Fixed graphic issue
Fixed graphic issue
iOS 17.4.1