Maximalist Safari Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Maximalist Safari Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update is supposed to go live on Monday 6th of September 2021, 10.30 pm UTC. (Subject to change) (Source)
Event Start time usually is 7:00 a.m. UTC.

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Maximalist Safari Update
No new icon.
Version 5.63.0
Version 5.63.0
Version 5.63.-

Copied in parts from the article:

Here are the playable event dates for this update:
  • NEW Influence Island Season 16: 10-day event starting from 7 September (‘Maximalist Bedroom!’)
    NEW SimChase Season 33 ‘Fierce Fashion!’: 9-day event starting from 7 September
    NEW 'Marvelously Maximalist’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 16 September
    NEW SimChase Season 34 ‘Autumn Action!’: 7-day event starting from 26 September
    NEW Maternity Pack 23: Start a pregnancy event between 20 –28 September, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
    NEW Influence Island Season 17: 10-day event starting from 3 October (‘Rustic Wedding 2.0!’)
Reruns:
  • ‘Inner Child’s Play’ Player Favourite Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 29 September
    'Grand Garages’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 6 October
    SimChase Season 14 'Patisserie Pandemonium!’: 9-day event starting from 8 October
    'Mean Curls’ Long Hair Hobby Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 10 October
News
Shortened from the article. If you want to read more, please follow the link: ea.com - Maximalist Safari Update

Base Game Improvements:

Removal of Housebound & Improvements to the Needs System - Say goodbye to ‘Housebound’ Sims when their Needs are low! Sims now undertake actions faster or slower depending on their mood! Previously, whenever a Sim’s Needs were too low, they would head back to their own house and become stuck at home until you sort out their Needs. This prevented players from using their Sims to complete quests, hobbies, work shifts, Live Events and much more.

Base Game Starting Outfits
We’ve added dozens of over 50 new free base game outfits for adult Sims in Create-A-Sim!

Hispanic Heritage Month
To show our appreciation for our passionate Hispanic player community during Hispanic Heritage Month, we’ve created a free pack with build buy items […] Check out the online store to redeem the items from 15 September!

The Sims 4 Pride Paintings
We’re celebrating Pride all year long with the help of The Sims 4, and artists Jupiter Stevens-Hill, Ashley Lukashevsky, and Mohammed Iman Fayaz! The pack is full of paintings in multiple frame colours and styles created by LGBTQ+ Simmers, from The Sims 4 Pride Month celebrations in June this year. […] Head to the online store to redeem the free pack from the start of the update!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Fixed with a small update: Many players couldn’t open their games right after updating

Feature Quests are 50 % off
No housebound sims anymore
6 new Real Estate Homes

New feature: Fully inspired sims have shorter task times and get more XP Doesn‘t work like it‘s supposed to.

The order of clothes in wardrobes and shops has turned from newest first to oldest first
Bookshelves that had 4 access points now have just 1
Graphic issue: The chalet single white, black, and blonde windows are all white.
Having a cooked meal now takes 5 minutes instead of 10.
Some items habe vanished from Home Store and inventory, if you had them placed in a home you‘ll find them under the counters or tables they were sitting on. Those items can‘t be moved/picked up. (Infos and pictures on page 3 of this topic.)
Last edited by ErinPW on 17 Oct 2021, 14:51, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Maximalist Safari Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by rajcaz »

There is an issue with the update. I can confirm this with iPhone… not anything else though. EA is aware.
Attachments
Facebook post
Facebook post
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Yes, I was able to update in App Store but when I open the game it keeps saying an error occurred when trying to download additional updates. Which of course means the game is unusable at the moment, because it won’t go past the download screen.Oh well, I can wait…
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

rajcaz wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 00:30 There is an issue with the update. I can confirm this with iPhone… not anything else though. EA is aware.
Thanks for letting us know!
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The update is running now on both of my devices and friends also said it works :)
iOS 17.4.1

alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

It works for me too! Also, I was pleasantly surprised that the idea that inspired Sims complete actions faster actually means they complete it faster than the generally allocated time (e.g. The Sim Chase task of reading the rulebook is said to take 2 hours but an inspired Sim can complete it in 1 h 54 min). It’s not much but I was fully expecting this to mean they would have instead added substantial amounts of time for uninspired Sims to complete tasks (so that an inspired Sim would take 2 hours to read the rulebook and an uninspired one 4 or something like this…)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

alsie27 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 10:22 It works for me too! Also, I was pleasantly surprised that the idea that inspired Sims complete actions faster actually means they complete it faster than the generally allocated time (e.g. The Sim Chase task of reading the rulebook is said to take 2 hours but an inspired Sim can complete it in 1 h 54 min). It’s not much but I was fully expecting this to mean they would have instead added substantial amounts of time for uninspired Sims to complete tasks (so that an inspired Sim would take 2 hours to read the rulebook and an uninspired one 4 or something like this…)
It seems not to be much, but the longer the mentioned task time, the less time the Sims need if they are fully inspired. The time is even shorter for fully inspired Supersims. This is really helpful for Quests and Events!
Attachments
Shortened times
Shortened times
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The infos in the game after updating:
No housebound Sims anymore, 50 % off at Feature Quests, two free packs at the Online Store
Infos
Infos

The needs bar looks different to former updates and the portrait has a colored background. If we tap an item to give a Sim a task, we see the icon with the active sim at the upper left hand side corner (see screenshots in my post above).
Needs bar
Needs bar

The order of clothes in wardrobes and shops have turned from newest first to oldest first.
Wardrobe/Shop
Wardrobe/Shop

There are 6 new Real Estate homes. The costs depend on the number of houses you have already built. The screenshots have been made in a fully built town.
Attachments
New Real Estate Homes
New Real Estate Homes
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Screenshots of the free packs can be found here.
iOS 17.4.1

+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Not sure if it’s a bug or a feature… hopefully a bug and will be fixed: 3-star bookshelves that had 4 access points now have just 1 😕 had to re-arrange some that were at the walls, and it also means we now need 1 bookshelf per sim for multi-sim tasks (up to 4 sims could search in a bookshelf before)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded