Party of the Decade Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Party of the Decade Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from 29th November 9:30pm UTC (Subject to change) (Source).

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Party of the Decade Update

New Update Version 5.65.2 on December 27th/28th
Version 5.65.2 - December 27th/28th
Version 5.65.2 - December 27th/28th
Version 5.65.0
Version 5.65.0
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
  • NEW Influence Island Season 20 Glamorous Christmas: 10-day event starting from 29 November
  • NEW Party of the Decade Nightclub Anniversary Event: 10-day event starting from 3 December
  • NEW 'A Christmas Warming’ Story Quest: 10-day event starting from 12 December
  • NEW Free Christmas Gift Pack: available for two weeks from 15 December
  • NEW Influence Island Season 21 Glamorous Garages: 10-day event starting from 25 December
  • NEW SimChase Season 36 'Scrappy Scrubdown!’: 9-day event starting from 31 December
  • NEW Maternity Pack 25: Start a pregnancy event between 3-13 January, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
Reruns
  • Belle Hotel Live Event: 10-day event starting from 29 November
  • ‘Inner Child’s Play’ Player Favourite Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 25 December
  • Influence Island Season 2 Scandi Décor: 10-day event starting from 10 January
  • ‘Long Hair Hobby Event’ rerun: 7-day event starting from 16 January
  • SimChase Season 17 'Feuding Families!’: 7-day event starting from 16 January

Party of the Decade Celebrations

Anniversary Nightclub Quest
First things first, Simmers! It’s time to get your dancing shoes on and head to the Sim Town Nightclub. Boogie with the Game Team Sims to receive free birthday presents, every second day! (In total there are 7 gifts.) They’ve got exclusive gifts to give you that have never been released in the game as a memento – from non-playable Sim outfits like Ice Queen’s ballgown and gloves, to décor and Build/Buy items like a 10th birthday cake and balloons!
You might even recognise some of the Game Team Sims hanging out at the nightclub. They’re our famous SimGuru team that chat to our community on Twitter – Marketing Megan (aka SimGuruMegz), Producer Danni (aka SimGuruIceFox), Designer Rhys (aka SimGuruRhys), Quality Verification Lachie (aka SimGuruGrumpyCat) and more. Note: You’ll be able to claim the prizes right to the end of the event. The Game Team Sims will stay in the nightclub dancing on the d-floor until you’ve redeemed their gifts up until December 15.

Mystery Box Keys – 10 for 10!
When you first log in from the 3rd until 12th of December you’ll receive 10 Mystery Box Keys, to be used in the 'Mystery Box Shop' in the 'Weekly Tasks' section of the Active Tasks Menu and claim a Mystery Box. (You need to open the game between 3rd and 12th of December.)

Community Contest – get outfit planning now! And Looking to the Future
You can find infos at the official article here

Free Christmas Gifts
From 15 December, check the Online Store to receive the free seasonal Christmas décor pack , complete with rounded windows with lights, Santa’s Chair, wishing well and candy cane wallpaper, with newly added items like giant candy cane lights, candles in wreath décor, North Pole lamp, snow globe and more! The items can be found in your Home Store inventory once redeemed. You need to claim this pack before 31st of December.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

New Accessories for adult Sim Ladies in the wardrobes: Three glasses and three earrings - each in four different colors.
For the new fluffy cat from the Influence Island Event "Glamorous Garages" there are no collars at the Pet Salon.
Some advertisings cause black screens and/or the game crashes
The Weather Machine doesn‘t work like it should.

Bugs
The Drinks Trays are still missing from inventory.
The Smoke Machines are still not working correctly.
Some advertisings cause black screens and/or game crashings
The Maternity Event disappeared with downloading the Update 5.65.2
Last edited by ErinPW on 09 Jan 2022, 10:12, edited 5 times in total.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: Party of the Decade Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Here’s a screenshot of the first popup in the game.
Looks like the birthday gift is only available until December 12th. I have changed the opening post accordingly.
Attachments
62CE76A3-7E3A-4FBB-A0B4-F07C284CD74B.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The Drinks Trays are still missing from inventory.

Good News: There are new Accessories for adult Sim Ladies in the wardrobes :)
Three glasses and three earrings - each in four different colors.
Attachments
23EDE3A1-75C8-46A7-BACC-A4180A437B17.jpeg
Accessoires
Accessoires
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 15:39 The Drinks Trays are still missing from inventory.

Good News: There are new Accessories for adult Sim Ladies in the wardrobes :)
Three glasses and three earrings - each in four different colors.
I just noticed the glasses. Thought maybe I'd missed them somehow and they'd arrived with some outfits and I'd failed to notice. I've wanted more "normal", everyday glasses for all ages for some time. So far, only adult females though.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Anyone know what network credits are?
Attachments
20211205_051438.jpg
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

SKatF wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 10:17 Anyone know what network credits are?
These are the coins you can spend in the gift shop. Currently they are double if you start Influence Island 20 in those 2 days.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

bluebeariscool wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 13:04
These are the coins you can spend in the gift shop. Currently they are double if you start Influence Island 20 in those 2 days.
Thanks. I think you mean the influence event gift shop? I noticed I was earning tokens faster but thought they'd changed the event structure as so many players couldn't finish Influence events. At least players now have a better chance of getting the progress prizes. I wish the change was permanent.

The slog to the grand prize seems longer though with all progress prizes won so early. I'm trying hard as these seem to be the only "real" Christmas theme prizes this year.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

SKatF wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 20:23
bluebeariscool wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 13:04
Thanks. I think you mean the influence event gift shop? I noticed I was earning tokens faster but thought they'd changed the event structure as so many players couldn't finish Influence events. At least players now have a better chance of getting the progress prizes. I wish the change was permanent.

The slog to the grand prize seems longer though with all progress prizes won so early. I'm trying hard as these seem to be the only "real" Christmas theme prizes this year.

I’m with you there! It’s very frustrating trying to finish this without spending SP. I have won the all of the minor prizes thanks to this boost. The main prize however that depends on converting 7 island inhabitants is still very far from my reach 😟
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Ironic how the first Memories pack for sale includes the smoke machine ... which still isn't displaying correctly.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 07:37 Ironic how the first Memories pack for sale includes the smoke machine ... which still isn't displaying correctly.
10 € for this pack? I wouldn’t purchase this even if I couldn’t get the items in game anymore ^^ Maybe, if it would cost LPs like the houses that appear in Online Store.
Attachments
Memories Pack
Memories Pack
iOS 17.4.1