[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Warming

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Seasonal Quest] A Christmas Warming

Post by bloodredroses01 »

64 machine parts!?! :shock: :o :x :evil: :twisted: I’m only on day 5 & if it’s like past Quests that number is only going to increase. (Yes another rant from me)

So basically SFP is more or less forcing players to buy their bloody booster pack unless you want to drive yourself completely insane trying to complete tasks that require more Sims to complete than some players may have or spend LP (that are magically on sale 🤦‍♀️). I’ve been playing for years so I have the max number of Sims but newer players are pretty much screwed on the tasks that are long & require lots of Sims unless they give in and spend RL money for either the booster and/or LPs or devote themselves to the game 24/7. That’s not fair and wanting $14.99usd makes it worse in my opinion.

My personal plan is to forego getting the booster for as long as possible but I know I’ll eventually probably have to give in. Luckily since I’m retired w/ insomnia being awake at all hours to tend to the game is easy for me but I feel horrible for players who can’t do that. Now my timer just went off so I have to go start the next task in the quest.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

My 15 Sims have just finished the collecting task. Most of them got 4, a few 5 repair parts.
Maybe good to know: The costs for quick complete decrease every hour like usual and the costs for skipping the task decrease with every Sim that is done.

bloodredroses01 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 15:32 […]
I’ve been playing for years so I have the max number of Sims but newer players are pretty much screwed on the tasks that are long & require lots of Sims […]
Like said in the opening post: Numbers of sims and items to be found depend on the game-level you’re on and if you have purchased the boost.

The requirements from my list are from a maximum level town, but they are not that heavy for lower level towns, so the quest is doable for newer players, too. It‘s still not easy and of course it also depends on the time one can spend on the game every day and if one can jump in every time a task is done. Players also have a real life.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Just came here to report that each sim collected 4-5 parts and 15 sims were enough (though I’ve put 25 to work 😂), but Erin was faster 👍
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The first task on day 7 "Call Ice Queen“ can be done in a Sim‘s home at a 3-star phone in 46 minutes instead of 57. Every minute counts :)
+.jana.+ wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 20:16 Just came here to report that each sim collected 4-5 parts and 15 sims were enough (though I’ve put 25 to work 😂), but Erin was faster 👍
Thanks for posting your results! It‘s good to have more than one post telling the rate of found items.
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

It's a good sign (although no guarantee) that as the number of items needed to be collected has risen, the number each sim gets has also risen. Let's hope it continues.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I just went thru some video and posts about event. Number of sims needed for each long (~8 hour) event goes up each day. So you can guess at how many needed when not specified. This is my plan for my fully leveled up town, inspired sims, 3 star items. Your results may vary 😄

Days upcoming
7. frig doors 18 times
8. Search for details 20 times
9. 105 pieces, so I'm guessing 22 sims needed
10. Search for list 23 times
11. Search for scraps 24 times
12. This day is killer, TWO long tasks, ~ 6.5 and ~8
156 reasons, takes ~ 6.5 hours. Guessing 25 sims
Search for tissues 26 times, ~ 8 hours
13. Search for ingredients 29 times
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

Wanted to say thank you for this, I always like to plan ahead as mine starts at 11pm so I like to know where the long tasks are
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

For the Day 9 collecting task my Sims got 6 and 7 with quick complete.

SKatF wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 10:12 I just went thru some video and posts about event. Number of sims needed for each long (~8 hour) event goes up each day. So you can guess at how many needed when not specified. This is my plan for my fully leveled up town, inspired sims, 3 star items. Your results may vary 😄

Days upcoming
7. frig doors 18 times
8. Search for details 20 times
9. 105 pieces, so I'm guessing 22 sims needed
10. Search for list 23 times
11. Search for scraps 24 times
12. This day is killer, TWO long tasks, ~ 6.5 and ~8
156 reasons, takes ~ 6.5 hours. Guessing 25 sims
Search for tissues 26 times, ~ 8 hours
13. Search for ingredients 29 times
Sounds like a good plan!
LJoughin wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 17:13 Wanted to say thank you for this, I always like to plan ahead as mine starts at 11pm so I like to know where the long tasks are
You‘re welcome! Im happy to read my list is useful 😊
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

My Sims are disappointed that they can‘t interact with Santa, except for the tasks. Preteens are left out for the tasks, they couldn‘t help at all and couldn’t talk to him. My toddler couldn‘t sit on Santa‘s lap (and pull his beard). Earlier in the game we could tap on Santa in our Sim‘s contacts and get to him wherever he was in Simtown. This didn‘t work this time either :(
Attachments
39F36FEA-1BAF-410C-A035-B7C063A9BF9C.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I have my kids visit with Santa each year, either at his workshop or at a Sim residence with a Santa chair. Kind of bummed to hear that the interaction no longer works. (Screenshots from past years.) At one time even adults could sit on his lap.
Attachments
20171222_055600.jpg
20191225_190315.jpg