The update is in the iOS App Store already. The Downtown Developer is available right after updating, the other events should still start like shown in the schedule.
Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Mariachi Romance Update
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
- NEW Downtown Developer 6: 30-day event available to start anytime from 25 January (24th)
- NEW Influence Island Season 22 Hacienda Homes: 10-day event starting from 25 January (24th)
- NEW SimChase Season 37 Chinese Lunar New Year: 9-day event starting from 25 January (7 days from 24th)
- NEW 'Heart-Fluttering Hacienda’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 2 February
- NEW Hair Hobby Event - Oh So Ombre: 7-day event starting from 4 February
- NEW SimChase Season 38: Mariachi Mayhem: 7-day event starting from 13 February (9 days)
- NEW Influence Island Season 23: Palm Springs Bedroom & Bathroom rerun: 10-day event starting from 25 February
- Influence Island Season 6 Art Deco (‘Suite Success’): 10-day event starting from 9 February
- ‘HANS On’ Player Favorite Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 13 February
- ‘Fashion Designer Hobby Event - Stockings & Tights rerun: 7-day event starting from 22 February
- Maternity Pack 25 rerun: Start a pregnancy event between 25 February – 4 March, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
- Ghost Flustered - Player Favorite Quest rerun: 7-day event starting 2 March
- 'Lofty Lifestyle’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 2 March
- SimChase Season 22: Household Blitz! 7-day event starting from 6 March
Limited Time Prize Redemptions
Do you hate just missing out on the grand prizes in Hobby events and Discovery Quests as you pass the deadline? To prevent repeating them again from the beginning, we’ve added a new last chance offer the next time you open your game or check on your progress, so you can decide whether to take the opportunity to add a time extension or redeem the final prize with premium currency instead!
Town Value Rewards
The higher your Town Value is, the more Simoleons you’ll receive in your Daily Allowance. As you construct buildings in SimTown, build houses and purchase new items from the Home Store your Town Value increases. We’ve refreshed the information tab in the top right corner of any ‘Town Value’ screen to make it super clear about your latest rewards as you continue to grow your town! We’ve also added your Sim Count to the information screen and increased the amount of Life Points rewards you earn (1LP to 2LP) as you simply play the game!
New Idle Animations in Create-A-Sim Screen
We’ve added happy resting facial expressions and natural body movement to tween, teenager and adult Sims in the Create A Sim menu! Next time you’re adding a new Sim to your town, check it out and let us know what you think!
Bumping Sims Out of the Way
Have you ever experienced your Sims getting in the way while you’re redecorating in Build Mode? Well, the next time you’re trying to place an item in your Sim’s house lot, Sims will now avoid the tile and move to a vacant tile nearby when an object is moved over them.
New animation in Downtown Developer Events
The Drinks Trays are back in inventory.
The Espresso Machines and Milkshake Maker don‘t work.
Most Android players couldn‘t open their games. Hotfix around February 20th
The Smoke Machines are still not working correctly.