Day 1 of "Lost at Sea"

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Day 1 of "Lost at Sea"

Post by telemwill »

2013-09-09 15.48.36.jpg
2013-09-09 15.58.34.jpg
2013-09-09 15.59.38.jpg
I created this back story for Lily: Having decided to give up both her acting job and her hobby as fashion goddess to the underworld, Lily doesn't know what to do with her time. She thinks she might like ghost-hunting and invites Draco over to demonstrate. When she discovers that the ghosts are battered into the ground and placed for safe-keeping into a cylinder, her reaction isn't pretty.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

2013-09-09 16.02.24.jpg
Draco tries to explain that it is only the naughty ghosts who get caught, but Lily isn't buying it, and sends Draco to the naughty bench. He is happy to discover that, indeed, there is cake on the naughty bench. (This is the end of the story above. Only three attachments per post.)
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

2013-09-15 08.45.20.jpg
2013-09-15 12.09.26.jpg
2013-09-15 12.09.50.jpg
And here is Day One: When Herman first met Lily, he thought things looked promising. But first she complained about the color scheme, especially the bathroom, and suggested things might be a bit run down. Herman insisted that was part of the fun, and she decided she would give it try. Lily's suspicions were confirmed when the boat's motor broke down as soon as they put out to sea. While Lily put in a call to the Coast Guard (apparently they had more serious cases to deal with first), Herman tried to see if he could rig up a solution with the woodworking bench. Unfortunately, it was his first time using a hammer, and all he got for his efforts was a bent nail. He decided to check out the boat's manual instead. Lily, looking for something to do while she waits to be rescued, discovers a fashion designing table. She had given up that hobby, but decides it's a way to waste some time and avoid Herman who she dislikes intensely. She wonders why all her relationships tend to be like this. It couldn't possibly be HER.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

telemwill wrote:(This is the end of the story above. Only three attachments per post.)
Ooops, sorry about that. I increased it to 8 attachments now.
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bixas »

telemwill wrote:While Lily put in a call to the Coast Guard (apparently they had more serious cases to deal with first), Herman tried to see if he could rig up a solution with the woodworking bench.
But did either of them stop to worry about the poor kittay who is in a PANIC right now. I mean look at her... just hoping someone will open a window so she can escape by climbing up the palm tree?
:(
cap1.jpg
cap1.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 10935 times
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Bixas wrote:
telemwill wrote:While Lily put in a call to the Coast Guard (apparently they had more serious cases to deal with first), Herman tried to see if he could rig up a solution with the woodworking bench.
But did either of them stop to worry about the poor kittay who is in a PANIC right now. I mean look at her... just hoping someone will open a window so she can escape by climbing up the palm tree?
:(
cap1.jpg
[/quote]

What palm tree? In the ocean! ;) Must have been a tsunami. No wonder the Coast Guard won't answer the phone! (Just wait til Kitty discovers a broken refrigerator means no salmon. Only the horrid crunchy stuff.)
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

LOL JUST before launching and AFTER I removed the door Kitty Brie escaped! Had to put door back briefly & lure him in before removing it again. Hasn't done it again, but Now I'm on the alert and always looking to see where he is.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

You all are wonderful! I am not currently at sea with a dead engine, but I am certainly enjoying reading about your travails!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

As I had not yet discovered the forum when this was running I decided I wanted to have a go anyway! I started it yesterday & have deliberately only read days 1 and 2 so far but am itching to catch up on everyone's stories as the days progress! :D

The backdrop:

Tia was bored with life, she was young, pretty and a successful rockstar but felt unfulfilled with life. After a particularly humiliating break-up with her long term boyfriend, her manager, when she found that the wife he claimed to be separated from was in fact pregnant again, that was it. She announced that she was retiring and walked away without a glance. Looking round her she had realised that she actually had no real friends, no-one to rely on so without a second thought she packed up and moved to a town a few hundred miles away where no-one knew her. Of course the fact that her face was in the papers, her music on the radio and TV - not being known was rather relative!

She awoke one morning soon after - That's it, I know what I shall do. I'm going to buy a boat and sail around the world and by the time I return home everyone will have forgotten my name and the rumoured scandal surrounding my retirement! Feeling more positive than she had in a long while she set off for the boat showroom and blew her cash on a second hand boat that had just become available. Enquiring about courses the salesman had assured her that she would be fine, it's just like driving a car he said and the boat was in mint condition and twice the size that she could afford if she bought a brand new boat, she was sold.

On the way home she placed an ad in the local paper "travelling companion wanted, must have a basic knowledge of boats"...

https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

Day One:

Upon arriving at the boat ready to move in Tia was rather dismayed that when the salesman had said suitable for a family, he meant just that. The crib in the corner of the bedroom a stark reminder to her that she had longed for children but...

She met up with Ricardo, her travelling companion. She had chosen him as he was rather handsome, very single and because he was the only person to answer her ad!

It was fine to start with. They got the boat started and headed out of the harbour and were on their way to an adventure. It seemed though that no sooner had land disappeared from their view disaster struck, a strong smell of smoke just before an almighty bang and the boat grinded to a halt, the engine had cut out. It wasn't in such mint condition after all!

Ricardo got angry with her, accusing her of being an airhead for not having the boat checked out by a mechanic and she accusing him of lying when he said he knew about boats. It got very unpleasant and they found themselves taking rather a dislike to each other.

Ricardo stormed off and put the TV on, watching the news while Tia pondered their situation and what they were to do. We have a solar phone she offered, I'll ring the coast guard. We're not that far out to sea, maybe they will come and tow us back to land. Glaring at her Ricardo muttered fine, I'll read the manual and see if I can find a way of getting us going again in case they can't.

Having given up with the coast guard after several hours on hold, Tia sighed and wondered what to do next. Ricardo was sat at the table in the galley area, angrily turning pages so she did not dare speak to him. To amuse herself Tia watched a bit of TV, had a dance to the radio until a familiar song came on, played warships, had a little tinker with the woodworking table in the corner before taking herself off for a long bath. Meanwhile Ricardo continued to angrily turn the pages of the manual.

https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.