Is it worth it to build a grocery store?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Marmalade
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Is it worth it to build a grocery store?

Post by Marmalade »

HordePrime wrote:It should also be noted that stuff from the Supermarket doesn't give you as much XP as stuff planted or baked normally. - This can be quite important if you are trying to go through levels quicker, and if you use it a lot, the difference can become quite significant.
Really? I didn't realize that. :shock:
GC ID: katrina4027
HFN (with fire pole!!) at Starter House.
Haunted House by Fire Station.
Violet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Violet »

Marmalade wrote:
HordePrime wrote:It should also be noted that stuff from the Supermarket doesn't give you as much XP as stuff planted or baked normally. - This can be quite important if you are trying to go through levels quicker, and if you use it a lot, the difference can become quite significant.
Really? I didn't realize that. :shock:
Wow, I didn't either! Whaaat
Add me on GC: ~{ver0nica}~
HFN: Starter house plot
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

I used to garden/bake all the time with stuff from the supermarket. I always got the full XP/simoleons as long as I stayed on the lot until my sim began the task, i.e. garden plot/stove stops flashing blue.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Yes. It's most noticeable on stuff that takes a long time to grow/bake.

Look at Garlic for example. Planting it normally costs §93 and gives you 1948 XP.
From the Supermarket, the cost is reduced to §85, but the XP is only 325.

So, each time you're saving §8, but losing a potential 1623 XP!
IMO, that is not a good deal (unless you're on level 53, but by that point a few extra simoleans are unlikely to make much difference).
144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

Is that at the Sim's home, and not on a community lot?
(I know you get less away from home).
GC Id: 144Vaux
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

HordePrime wrote:Yes. It's most noticeable on stuff that takes a long time to grow/bake.

Look at Garlic for example. Planting it normally costs §93 and gives you 1948 XP.
From the Supermarket, the cost is reduced to §85, but the XP is only 325.

So, each time you're saving §8, but losing a potential 1623 XP!
IMO, that is not a good deal (unless you're on level 53, but by that point a few extra simoleans are unlikely to make much difference).
The XP numbers listed in the supermarket tab aren't the XP numbers you get from planting/baking. Just like the listed supermarket cost is not the simoleon payout you receive, the listed XP number in the supermarket is not the total XP yield either.

Planting stuff I bought from the supermarket gave me the full XP listed in the tab that pops up at the garden plot. Trust, I was keeping tally and paying attention. I was gunning to level up because I coveted some neotokyo stuff big time :D So I planted a lot of garlic (and spinach).

What those XP numbers in the supermarket are I don't know. I read here once that you actually received XP (in the amount listed) for shopping at the supermarket. But I never saw an increase in my XP level. Then, I thought eep! what if they subtract an XP cost. But I bought a lot of stuff in massive bulk at the supermarket, and never saw a decrease in XP level either. So who knows?
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:Planting stuff I bought from the supermarket gave me the full XP listed in the tab that pops up at the garden plot. Trust, I was keeping tally and paying attention. I was gunning to level up because I coveted some neotokyo stuff big time :D So I planted a lot of garlic (and spinach).
Well, I haven't tried it for a while; it's possible that they've changed it recently. There was a thread about it here a few months back as I recall.

If people are worried, it's easy enough to test if for yourself. - Do one each way and see what happens!
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

HordePrime wrote:
Well, I haven't tried it for a while; it's possible that they've changed it recently. There was a thread about it here a few months back as I recall.

If people are worried, it's easy enough to test if for yourself. - Do one each way and see what happens!
True that! Not as easy as it used to be though. [Bows head in memory of stairs glitch]

For anyone willing to sacrifice 8 hours of their sim's existence for some garlic, make sure the sim is inspired. You get much a lower payoff when your sim is uninspired.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:For anyone willing to sacrifice 8 hours of their sim's existence for some garlic, make sure the sim is inspired. You get much a lower payoff when your sim is uninspired.
Or try it with something else. Apple Pie for example.
Mmmmmmm.... apple pie :twisted:
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

HordePrime wrote: Or try it with something else. Apple Pie for example.
Mmmmmmm.... apple pie :twisted:
Hmmmm. I might sacrifice 40 minutes of my own existence for some top-tier apple pie. Might ;)