Changing a life dream of a sim who already has a Platinum orb

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Changing a life dream of a sim who already has a Platinum orb

Post by +.jana.+ »

Some time ago I was wondering how to change a life dream/personality of a sim that got a Platinum orb already. It did not seem possible as I always got a message "This Sim cannot change their personality because they have already achieved their Life Dreams!" Also some senior members here on the forum confirmed that it was not possible.

I have accidentally found a way though! Let me share it - maybe it will help also other people.

Screenshots to explain:

Error message - cannot change life dream:
image.jpg
To resolve, use that sim's Platinum orb to stop ageing of another sim. Scroll to the very bottom to find that orb:
image.jpg
Select that orb for usage:
image.jpg
...and confirm:
image.jpg
Now your Sim does not have a life dream anymore and you can assign anything you need:
image.jpg
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Changing a life dream of a sim who already has a Platinum orb

Post by Deedee »

Brilliant Jana :) I love the simplicity of this!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

As this is a part of the alive sim's orb usage, I have moved this topic to the Guides and Tips section.

After using, the sim gets a new bronze orb at 0 %. That's why you can give your sim a new life dream and even a new personality.

There is a little hook :? Once you might neither have an unpaused sim, nor an orb related venue to build. You could unpause a sim, and right after that pause him again. Guess, it depends on how much one is willing to pay for a new lifedream or personality ...
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

True - I still did have mortal sims, and found this way accidentally when pausing one, so it was not so "expensive" for me.

My goal is having different personalities in all age groups, and I changed my mind after assigning a life dream/personality to the pink hair lady - so I was glad that there is a way to change it after all :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I have a Senior who has achieved his life Dream & is to give out a Sporty Bronze Orb when he passes away. But since I already have a Bronze Orb from the efforts of another Sim, I gave the Senior a Platinum (Geeky) orb to pause aging & to do whatever Senior hobbies unfinished.

My original intention is to give him another personality (Entertainer or Animal Fanatic). I could not change its personality as the button is dimmed.
Will the above method work, considering it's a senior?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

playsims wrote:I have a Senior who has achieved his life Dream & is to give out a Sporty Bronze Orb when he passes away. But since I already have a Bronze Orb from the efforts of another Sim, I gave the Senior a Platinum (Geeky) orb to pause aging & to do whatever Senior hobbies unfinished.

My original intention is to give him another personality (Entertainer or Animal Fanatic). I could not change its personality as the button is dimmed.
Will the above method work, considering it's a senior?
Yes, it's possible. It's an alive sims orb usage and won't touch the senior's platinum orb and life. You can use the bronze orb to pause a sim for a few days or you can use it for building the beach, or the snorkeling kiosk, or the surfing- or swimming area. If it's not neccessary for your gameplay to change the personality, you can leave the orb at the senior until you want to use it or forever :)

I still have sims which hold completed silver orbs since the LD&L update. If they do certain tasks, which are only available for sims with a sporty personality, they get some more XPs.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View