What is advantage of "retiring" your sims

This is the subforum for all guides related to The Sims Mobile
ErinPW

Re: What is advantage of "retiring" your sims

Post by ErinPW »

ErinPW wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 07:06 […]
I didn‘t give my younger sims their last trait for a few days. One of them got the trait on sunday, the other on monday. Now that they‘re done with everything they wanted, they seem not to want to be retired at all :?
In the meantime the retire option popped up for one of them and her brother is building up the new friendly friendship story with her :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 07:06 It‘s not only the simoleons but also the green house tickets. I didn‘t count how often I had the required simoleons and was low on those tickets. Of course young sims get less tickets plus my sims get the blue house tickets more often.
I have 2,004 of the green house tickets. Is that unusual? I tend to favor the events that reward simoleons (hobby and career events) over the events that don't (relationship events). For one of my sims that just retired (my second sim in the game) I didn't get farther than chapter 4 in her relationship story. She was able to be retired before she completed 100% in either her hobby or career stories that I just abandoned her relationship story.

Of course the flip side of that is I only have 221 of the green sim tickets.

With my two new sims I've decided I will focus on getting to 100% with their career and hobby stories first. Then when they are done with that I will alternate doing a relationship story with them. So I always have 2 sims working on earning simoleons.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:33 […]

I have 2,004 of the green house tickets. Is that unusual? I tend to favor the events that reward simoleons (hobby and career events) over the events that don't (relationship events). For one of my sims that just retired (my second sim in the game) I didn't get farther than chapter 4 in her relationship story. She was able to be retired before she completed 100% in either her hobby or career stories that I just abandoned her relationship story.

Of course the flip side of that is I only have 221 of the green sim tickets.

With my two new sims I've decided I will focus on getting to 100% with their career and hobby stories first. Then when they are done with that I will alternate doing a relationship story with them. So I always have 2 sims working on earning simoleons.
I‘m always short with green house tickets. Maybe I spent too many? Which color of house tickets appear seems to be random and the blue ones appear more often in my game.

I‘m trying to have kind of a balance. My newest active sim is currently working and if I‘ve got time, I speed her up, so she can do the longer night shift for the higher reward. Probably she‘ll do the special events over night.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I always do the special event overnight so.I can meet my daily goal. They are kind of long and repetitive (boring) to me unless I am hoping to meet new sims.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Yes, I also do special events overnight. It also find them long and boring so getting it done and out of the way while I'm sleeping helps a lot. My routine has been to do a special event, and two hobby/career events overnight. And then do any available family events for heirloom tickets first thing in the morning. That typically takes care of all the event goals for the daily to do list.

Also, for the change a sims's appearance - you don't actually have to change anything. You can go to the wardrobe menu, change something, but then press the x in the upper left corner to cancel what you changed. Still counts as changing appearance. For the improve your sim's home - items purchased for the workplace count towards that, too.

Although with the past update (not the most recent one but the one before that) I found that while the time was longer for the special events the rewards were better - that's when I finally really stared to get the purple luxe home tickets. So they are good for that at least.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update