Can't "Clean Cells" at Police Station

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Can't "Clean Cells" at Police Station

Post by Sigs_Minock »

So, usually i tend to send everyone to work at night while i sleep, except for the Police and Movie Crew jobs [even though the tedium of farming up way too many items, and trying to get enough coins to expand the ridiculously small storage KILLS the careers].
I finally got together enough items to build the Prisons to do the "clean cells" task.

Now, this new Garage update comes along and... i can't Clean Cells, and can't complete any of the Help demands [meaning- no new patrons show up for assistance, and no items earned from completing a request]. The sim begins the operation, then if i leave the police station, or watch an ad, or have to wake up my phone- the action's been cancelled. Even the new Orisis "instant finish" ad doesn't complete the operation.

I tried uploading my save, and resetting but still can't complete Clean Cells. Anyone else having this problem, and now of a way to fix it? else, I will be contacting the dev's and see if they can't remedy this issue.
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Can't "Clean Cells" at Police Station

Post by Sigs_Minock »

Edit- Another glitch i've discovered after the Update- the stairs in the Winter Chalet house DON'T WORK. My sims won't go up or down the stairs, and my pet is stuck upstairs.

last time i tried to install new stairs, it deleted the mezzanine and caused more problems... [i wasn't going to spend several hundreds of thousands of dollars "building" a mezzanine.]
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Sigs_Minock wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 00:18 Edit- Another glitch i've discovered after the Update- the stairs in the Winter Chalet house DON'T WORK. My sims won't go up or down the stairs, and my pet is stuck upstairs.

last time i tried to install new stairs, it deleted the mezzanine and caused more problems... [i wasn't going to spend several hundreds of thousands of dollars "building" a mezzanine.]
They're working on it. Many are having this issue.

Meanwhile, do you have a firepole or teleporter you could temporarily add somewhere in the house to make upstairs accessible?

I had to do that in my French chalet. The big double stairs were ok to get upstairs, but I couldn't use a switchback stairs I'd added for a basement .... where my crafting were stored.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Like SKatF said, the Firemonkeys are working on a solution for the stairs. For the bug at the Police it would be good to contact the support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us

Hope, the bugs will be fixed, soon.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sigs_Minock »

i was able to install stairs at the end of walk way, just had to rearrange the dining area and the upstairs guest room doors. will test to see if those stairs work.
Send a request to Firemonkey to look into the Police Station issue.
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sigs_Minock »

Well, got a response from FireMonkeys. They'll look into it, but because with other more wide spread issues, it'll be a while. They gave me some LP points, which i tried to use to complete the action- even then, the action was cancelled.
I'll see what happens later, as i am currently doing a pregnancy event and other pregnancies that my be causing the problem.
Until the issue gets fixed, my police station will never be advanced fully- or it will take forever with the Slots.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’m having the issue with the police station as well. I can’t complete the clean cells or uphold the law actions. I’m stuck with 4 customers who have those actions to be completed. Let’s hope they fx it soon.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Just a thought for what you can do while waiting for FM to get their act together and fix the latest bugs - send your police officers to work off site, that way you can still make money even if you can’t earn resources to complete the various stations at the “Cop Shop”.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
hollieg
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by hollieg »

it doesn’t work for me either, so annoying, hopefully they fix it soon. has anyone contacted them?
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I wonder how widespread this is now, I have the same problem with the cells. No luck using LPs either. I guess more people should contact them so they’ll know it’s more widespread. I feel like it’s such a nuisance to do though but maybe I will send a ticket.