[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by CatharinaSophia »

telemwill wrote: 01 May 2019, 11:37 I hope it takes the rival 24 hours. Right now she appears to be way ahead and I have most of the day left. It may be a ploy to trick me into using SP. I may just quit after today if tomorrow's cost continue to go up.
Exactly the same here, but if that ***** has to find 18 pennies by herself she's going to have to do more then 2 runs :lol: :twisted:
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
Raining Rainbow
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Raining Rainbow »

I am unhappy with the Simchase challenge because of the cost. I have an incredible amount of time to play this game thanks to my health (I am truly not thankful for that though lol). I have no idea how someone not in my position could come close to finishing without dumping all your currencies and irl $. I don’t have much currency but I have time and it seems impossible to benefit from this quest. It’s supposed to be fun, but it’s getting increasingly demanding. I am going to try the new AR for ios because I mostly enjoy designing and building, but that is because of disappointment from buying stuff that can’t be interacted with. I simply can’t afford the quest! The only place I see positive comments are FB and maybe those players have the currency to play freely. I honestly wonder if the negative comments are being filtered from their Facebook page...
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

And I'm out of this event.

I did finish episode 1 with no problem but didn't like the cost and time commitment compared to the paltry prizes. I waited to see the requirements for the second episode. Once I saw those (double the simoleons and longer tasks) I decided it's not worth it for me.

Thankfully I had saved the game before starting the mastery task for episode 1. I reset the game, got the simoleons back and I'm going to enjoy a few days off before the live event.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

copperwood wrote: 01 May 2019, 14:58 And I'm out of this event.

I did finish episode 1 with no problem but didn't like the cost and time commitment compared to the paltry prizes. I waited to see the requirements for the second episode. Once I saw those (double the simoleons and longer tasks) I decided it's not worth it for me.

Thankfully I had saved the game before starting the mastery task for episode 1. I reset the game, got the simoleons back and I'm going to enjoy a few days off before the live event.
I feel the same...

Why are we required to spend so much for prizes such as 1 measly token? Or...like you said - prizes so small that they are worth the currency or effort. 🤨
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Butterfly wrote: 01 May 2019, 15:36
copperwood wrote: 01 May 2019, 14:58 And I'm out of this event.

I feel the same...

Why are we required to spend so much for prizes such as 1 measly token? Or...like you said - prizes so small that they are worth the currency or effort. 🤨
Yes, over 1 million simoleons for the privilege of starting a task lol.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

🗣🗣🗣That’s a rip off!!! Lol 😄 !
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

we are seriously going to lose our minds over an imaginary rival, aren't we? :lol:

yesterday i f***ed up somehow bc the rival finished before me by a hair's breadth somehow. so i've decided to try and finish the second episode since i'm halfways through finding the pennies but then... i'm OUTTA THERE! stuff is too expensive for me to handle :) seriously. SPs don't grow on trees! or any other kind of plant, really, at least not ones you could grow /without/ spending 20 LPs per try :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

randy_thrandy wrote: 01 May 2019, 19:21 we are seriously going to lose our minds over an imaginary rival, aren't we? :lol:

yesterday i f***ed up somehow bc the rival finished before me by a hair's breadth somehow. so i've decided to try and finish the second episode since i'm halfways through finding the pennies but then... i'm OUTTA THERE! stuff is too expensive for me to handle :) seriously. SPs don't grow on trees! or any other kind of plant, really, at least not ones you could grow /without/ spending 20 LPs per try :D
Omg 😮 randy_thrandy - that’s an understatement because I’m definitely losing m mind! This is nuts 🥜 and my hair is thinning 🤦🏽‍♀️...I don’t like losing in competitions.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Raining Rainbow wrote: 01 May 2019, 13:20 I have no idea how someone not in my position could come close to finishing without dumping all your currencies and irl $. I don’t have much currency but I have time and it seems impossible to benefit from this quest...I simply can’t afford the quest!...
This is what's really got me worried about the future of the game. It used to be, no matter what, if you timed it all out you could complete every event without spending any in-game currency. I would only occasionally use LP to speed things up just to make the timing more convenient for me but it wasn't necessary for actually completing the event. Then we started having the events that used SP instead of LP. Annoying, but still doable with some timing. And now they've been slowly making the live events worse and the prices for the items people do manage to unlock have become insane - it's frustrating.

But this? These paywalls they've been doing? Insane. 8 million simoleons to start a unlock a new feature? about 4 million to do a pregnancy event? and who knows how much this one will cost by the end. It's got me thinking, does EA want to be done with FreePlay and instead of just announcing the end they're trying to milk people for all they've got while simultaneously running it into the ground so it's nothing like it once was and we'll all be glad when it's finally over?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I was thinking maybe they're trying to see how far they can push us.

Just wondering, did they increase cost and time for episode 3 again?