[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Butterfly »

copperwood wrote: 03 May 2019, 23:44 The Girl Who Games (who also gets the early release versions from EA) posted that she won't even attempt the event in her personal game after playing the early release version. Calls it a complete money grab.
She’s absolutely right about that...and so are ALL of us! 🤑

I don’t think 💬 EA cares so much about players having fun with The Sims FreePlay product. EA cares more about profit. I sadly wish there was a balance. 🧵...carry on...
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Butterfly wrote: 04 May 2019, 01:18
copperwood wrote: 03 May 2019, 23:44 The Girl Who Games (who also gets the early release versions from EA) posted that she won't even attempt the event in her personal game after playing the early release version. Calls it a complete money grab.
She’s absolutely right about that...and so are ALL of us! 🤑

I don’t think 💬 EA cares so much about players having fun with The Sims FreePlay product. EA cares more about profit. I sadly wish there was a balance. 🧵...carry on...
EA does rank quite high under the most hated companies for a reason.

I quit very early too. First event I ever did that. It's a game after all and shouldn't feel like a full-time job.
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sigs_Minock »

i've given up on even continuing this event...

Why? Finding Pennies. That challenge put me so far behind, there's no chance i'll catch up.
3 hrs for upwards of 8 sims to find 36 pennies, with each sim finding at most 3 pennies... meaning, with the best of luck- you'd only have to have sims search a couch twice.
Then, the "master know-it-all" is just downright robbing you. Day 1? $200,000+ for a 4hr training session, unless i wanted to pay SP [which is didn't have enough]; Day 2? $400,000+ ya, to heck with you.

This challenge is obviously rigged AGAINST you. I'm done.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

This event is overrated, disappointing, and frustrating...to say the least! 🙄🙄🙄
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Won the first day, lost the second, won the third. For both wins I had to use SP.😤 Decided I’d give it one more chance & set it for the longest task for overnight. 🙄 My spin got my ‘rival’s current task doubles in length’ but there’s no way to know what task she’s on so for all I know it’s the one hour task.🤦‍♀️ I have this feeling it’s going to be my last day because this whole thing is bloody ridiculous and such an OBVIOUS money grab that it is beyond insulting to the players.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Even though the rival looked like they were ahead the entire day they still took the entire 24 hours to complete their episode. FM, of course, could be planning many things like having the rival take the full 24 hours for episodes 1-6 but then only take 18 hours on episode 7 catching us all off guard... but that panic that I saw today on FB and other places about the rival's meter - that's what FM wanted. They probably don't want the rival's meter to be predictable so they have it set to show different paces on the different episodes. If she was always halfway done 12 hours into the day it would be obvious she always took the full 24 hours.

If you're trying to stick with the event, also try and keep that in mind. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34
I would guess that the huge cost of episode 2 might be because episode 2 had a real prize. I'm not looking forward to episodes 5 and 7.
Yep. :| The cost of everything jumped up quite a bit again for episode 5. Really, really not looking forward to episode 7.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I started the 8 hours task before going to bed. When I opened the tablet after getting up, I got a notification:

Your SimChase rival has started their last Challenge before the Checkpoint check-in. Better get your skates on, they will check-in with Kam in 6 hours! My next episode would start 6 hours later. Another day it was a rival's 2 hours task, yesterday it was the 5 hours task before they'd reach the Checkpoint. So I think Leah is right and the rival needed the full 24 hours. At least for the first 4 episodes. FM may change this for the other episodes.

I made screenshots this morning. The rival's progress bar was way closer than my sim's, although the rival has more than 5 hours to go and my sim only 5 seconds.
Attachments
At the end of episode 4
At the end of episode 4
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I just knew this event wasn't something I was going to bother myself with. I'd seen from Make2 and The Girl Who Games that they weren't fussed with it. With a (may as well be full time) job giving me no time whatsoever, and just by looking at my in-game currency amounts, I already decided that it wasn't going to be worth doing. Besides, anything you win these days are too expensive so what's the point.

I'm not pulling my hair out with this game anymore. In the day I send my sims to work/the garden, and then again at night. When a live event pops up, I'll just do the best I can and see what happens, if I win a prize, great. If I don't, well I'm not gonna have a tantrum about it.

Honestly I've never felt better.
Last edited by 3luv4eva3 on 04 May 2019, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 04 May 2019, 06:03 I started the 8 hours task before going to bed. When I opened the tablet after getting up, I got a notification:

Your SimChase rival has started their last Challenge before the Checkpoint check-in. Better get your skates on, they will check-in with Kam in 6 hours! My next episode would start 6 hours later. Another day it was a rival's 2 hours task, yesterday it was the 5 hours task before they'd reach the Checkpoint. So I think Leah is right and the rival needed the full 24 hours. At least for the first 4 episodes. FM may change this for the other episodes.

I made screenshots this morning. The rival's progress bar was way closer than my sim's, although the rival has more than 5 hours to go and my sim only 5 seconds.
And another thing to note: on the first episode, every 15 minutes (or thereabouts, I wasn't exactly timing it) the rival's circle would fill up with another quarter of their circle. When their circle filled they would be done with that task. Today, however, it was more like an hour for each quarter. So it's not the same for each day but it does seem to be consistent within each day. So if you pay attention to their circle and can get a feel for how long it's taking them to fill a quarter of their circle you can get an idea of how long they'll be on that task.