[SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 1: Mother's Day Madness

Post by Aalinnutza »

Well I just gave up. I spend way to much LPs and money on this challenge. So I actively stopped my sim halfway through a challenge and send him to work. I am done. I think this challenge was the best thing that happened to me personally. I felt like the past few live events have drained me but that part of me that wanted to have everything kept making me going. I am done. I know that as a company they want to make money, great. But as a player that invested/invests a little bit of money every month I feel like they are taking advantage. If they are not happy with us long term players that spend money than they can rely on new players that will get bored of this 2 weeks in. Thank you EA and FM for finally curing me of sims.
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

madscientist wrote: 04 May 2019, 23:58 Anyone else having problems with the timings on Day 5? I haven't had any issues with Days 1 to 4, finishing each with a couple of hours to spare, without using a single SP. Day 5 however, I have the following tasks:
Read Rulebook - 2 hours
Motivate 11 sims (by using 11 sims) - 3 hours (I had 22 sims so only had to do this once)
Find 18 secret messages (by using 6 sims) - 3 hours - currently on this one and on my second go around so at least 6 hours (may need a third, which will take it up to 9 hours, but hope not)
Write poem at dining table - 5 hours
Bluff Mastery - 3 hours
Globe - the game estimated 6 hours, but everyone else is saying the only globe we have is 7.5 hours.

By my calculation, I have 26.5 hours of tasks, but only 24 hours to complete them in, and there's no allowance built in for time needed to switch from one task to the next. Seems to be impossible without SP for today. I think they've made an error in both the secret messages task (not allowing 6 hours rather than 3) and the globe task (they assumed 6 and it takes 7.5). That would take 4.5 off and take the tasks to a more "achievable" 22.5 for the day. I really like the chair, but nothing is worth this.
Same's for the last day, we don't have a 3 star soap box so the day is 23 h 45 min and that's IF you get all charms in 1 run :cry:
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

804B08F9-EFAC-4B2F-98E7-7983CFF1F3DD.jpeg
prices for final prizes

no special actions for the bath tub. the tray is placed on the floor or on a table/counter/etc and you can have one sim wait on the bed and another bring it to them.
A22D03E2-0944-415D-87BE-58BE47726D89.jpeg
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

actually i was wrong.. you can 'watch show in bathtub' for the event tubs
960F318F-7643-4781-843C-A131246812A3.jpeg
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I can only imagine how COSTLY the future SIMCHASE Evers will be for us Sims FreePlay players 🥴...
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Okay, so I've just started Day 6 and I get a pop up saying the Sim Chaser is starting their last task and to hop to it. When I look at the progress bar, they're on the last task for Day 5. Now I'm worried how that's going to mess up everything. I double checked and I do have the prizes for Day 5, so I saved to the cloud just in case, but I'd hate to lose progress on Day 6.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

chamilet wrote: 06 May 2019, 18:40 Okay, so I've just started Day 6 and I get a pop up saying the Sim Chaser is starting their last task and to hop to it. When I look at the progress bar, they're on the last task for Day 5. Now I'm worried how that's going to mess up everything. I double checked and I do have the prizes for Day 5, so I saved to the cloud just in case, but I'd hate to lose progress on Day 6.
This event has caused enough havoc 🤕...so I surely hope you do NOT lose any of your progress for day 6. 🤞🏼
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

In case anyone else was wondering if the roadblocks actually extend the rival over the 24 hour mark I can say I did it and they do (at least if you use them right before the day is up). I had about 10 minites left to finish and I got a 30 minute roadblock and at the time the event should have ended I got a new notification that my rival had 30 minutes left. I went about 25 minutes over my normal reset time and was able to beat my rival still.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I spent all day grinding for LPs so I could spin the SP plant. I watched one of those newsboy ads in hopes of an SP or two and instead the game crashed on my iPad. When I came back, my Sims were idle. Luckily I had just visited the Party Boat. Well, guess what, that didn't register and I just lost six hours of progress and all of the LPs I'd gathered today!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

chamilet wrote: 07 May 2019, 01:07 I spent all day grinding for LPs so I could spin the SP plant. I watched one of those newsboy ads in hopes of an SP or two and instead the game crashed on my iPad. When I came back, my Sims were idle. Luckily I had just visited the Party Boat. Well, guess what, that didn't register and I just lost six hours of progress and all of the LPs I'd gathered today!
#Sympathy. That really sucks. :(
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store