Coming soon: First Update by the Firemonkeys

Post your information regarding updates here
ErinPW

Coming soon: First Update by the Firemonkeys

Post by ErinPW »

The Firemonkeys are going to release their first Update for The Sims Mobile!

Quote from ea.com

Sul, sul!

As many of you will know TSM is now being developed by a brand spanking new team at the Firemonkeys (FM) Studio in Melbourne. While the team may be new on this specific title, the team has a long history with the franchise, where many members have previously worked on The Sims Freeplay. With this in mind, I think it’s safe to say we are prepared for this challenge!

The question we know many of you have now, is what’s next for The Sims Mobile?

Our First Update - Coming soon!

For our very first update, we thought it was essential to focus on Quality of Life. Our goal was to focus on changes Simmers wanted to see. Changes that would make the game FEEL better in your day-to-day play! Throughout the blog, we’ve added some quotes from members of the dev team to provide some extra insight. First up, here is SimGuruIlya with some thoughts going into this update:

‘When we got together with the team for the first time to think about what the next update should be, we almost instantly landed on the Player Quality of Life theme. It felt just right for our first ever update to be focused on our players! We've reached out to our Community, QA and Maxis team to identify the general pain points in the game. On top of that we've all been playing The Sims Mobile for a long time (some since Soft Launch) and we've got some things we wanna improve too! We've put a lot of effort into this and hope you guys love it! 😉’ - SimGuruIlya, Producer on TSM

While we couldn’t tackle everything, we dug into some of your most requested areas!

What’s new this Update?

All the juicy details of the changes we’ve made will be in our upcoming patch notes, however we want to share a few changes early!

(SPOILER) Inventory Changes (SPOILER)
We’ve completely overhauled Storage in TSM! Categories are clearer, and recently selected objects are quicker to access! ✨

‘It was such a popular request from everyone and when playing the game, I definitely felt it was important too! I spent a number of days making sure every item in the game has a Storage category - it's much easier to find everything and the best part is, now Heirlooms are tucked away in their own category!’
- Laura, Game Designer on TSM

3rd Sim Quest

We’ve made it possible to unlock the 3rd Sim Slot for free through a Quest called, “Roommate Race”.

“What’s better than 2 Sims? 3 Sims! We’ve added a new way for all players to earn their 3rd Sim via Limited Time Quest. You’ll also get to experience some of the little improvements we’ve made to Quests! I’m going to lose my freakin’ mind I’m so excited!”
- SimGuruJack, Associate Game Designer on TSM

LlamaZoom

We’ve adjusted the time to complete tasks to be more consistent each day, making it easier for you to choose how you want to play.

‘We know a lot of players have expressed frustrations with LlamaZoom, so we wanted to see what we could do to make the system feel better and worth the effort. We've made a variety of tuning changes, which we'll go into more detail about in the patch notes, and we also added some extra rewards!’
- Steve, Lead Game Designer on TSM

June is Pride Month

This update also happens to land during a very special month of the year: PRIDE! 🏳️‍🌈 You can expect a new quest with some rainbow goodies as well as some FREE things in the store!

[…]
(Left out SimGuru Upate)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Coming soon: First Update by the Firemonkeys

Post by simmare »

While I applaud them for finally giving us some way to organize storage, a pox on all of them if they bring live events over from SFP.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Coming soon: First Update by the Firemonkeys

Post by Butterfly »

Yay! I never understood why items weren’t categorized, but I’m stoked about getting that in the new update from Firemonkeys.