Retirement/babies/active player slots

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
TheHMFG
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Retirement/babies/active player slots

Post by TheHMFG »

It says I need to retire one of my Sims. Currently have 4 active players, and "had" 3 children with my husband/roommate. The oldest child's birthday was yesterday, to become an adult but postponed because idk what's going to happen with him since I don't believe there's active player space. Does anyone have any recommendations about retirement and or what to do with the kids? I've read a ton of posts about people postponing retirement but they all seem to be pretty old and certain mentions aren't accurate anymore. Should I retire a Sim? If so when? Also, what happens to the kids when they mature, if there are or aren't active player spots? Please help! :shock: :?
ErinPW

Re: Retirement/babies/active player slots

Post by ErinPW »

Welcome to the forum!

It's hard to recommend how to go on. Currently I like to keep my four active sims and their children for a long time. The active sims are maxed out on several relationships, hobbies and professions.

The preteen and the toddler walk around the house and once a day one of the adults do a family-event with them. The rewards are green life tickets and the good upbringing trait. The trait will become important in case the children grow up and become active sims. If I let them age up to adults they will still walk around the house and use the objects, but there's not much to do with them. They can become playable after two of my active sims have been retired.

If an active sim retires, they will receive a hairloom and they will free up a slot for another sim to become playable. Since none of my sims has been retired for a long time, I don't know how long retired sims can stay with their family. Earlier in the game they left on their own a few days later.

Hope this helps :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Retired sims can stay at your house forever if you choose. You'll get asked every so on if you want to have them move on and you can choose no, just like aging up kids. Like children you can do a quick family event (career mentoring) with them each day if you choose. Rewards include life tickets.
TheHMFG
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TheHMFG »

ErinPW wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 11:57 Welcome to the forum!

It's hard to recommend how to go on. Currently I like to keep my four active sims and their children for a long time. The active sims are maxed out on several relationships, hobbies and professions.

The preteen and the toddler walk around the house and once a day one of the adults do a family-event with them. The rewards are green life tickets and the good upbringing trait. The trait will become important in case the children grow up and become active sims. If I let them age up to adults they will still walk around the house and use the objects, but there's not much to do with them. They can become playable after two of my active sims have been retired.

If an active sim retires, they will receive a hairloom and they will free up a slot for another sim to become playable. Since none of my sims has been retired for a long time, I don't know how long retired sims can stay with their family. Earlier in the game they left on their own a few days later.

Hope this helps :)
I appreciate your response, my two kids are walking around the house, if I age up one to adult will it leave my house? My baby and younger girl have 3 stars for the good grow up, the oldest boy probably does too. I was going to try and Max out one of my playable Sims hobbies (writing and now science) to get all the career/hobbies items before retiring or is that a mistake?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I always think it's a waste to retire a sim before they complete their story/stories.

Once a sim is at top of career (level 10) they complete work shifts faster. I hate starting over with beginner sims. One of the reasons I keep my sims.

Once a child is aged to adult it just hangs around the house. You have the option to send it away if you want to, but you don't have to.