[QUEST] Hearth of Stone

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] Hearth of Stone

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 19:47
ErinPW wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 09:14 Task 10 Research phone numbers on computers - 3 hours 10 minutes (9x with 9 sims)

This can be skipped with 5 LPs.

I sped through the tasks on my second device and found it's a task to search for items like we have in SimChases. The numbers of found phone numbers per sim varies and probably speeding up will give more. But speeding up at once will be more expensive than skipping the task at all.
My sims got 2/3/3/1 in one go. I had 3 more sims doing the task, just in case, most of them would only get 1.
I paid the 5LP when quickly going through the tasks for the list so I didn’t realize. :oops:

But since I was doing well with the day’s tasks when doing it for real I went ahead and did the actions. My experience was like yours: 1-3 numbers per sim. I set up all adults, teens, and seniors on the task and by the 5th sim I had all I needed. For the rest of my sims I didn’t need I got 2 the most.

Hopefully any other tasks that have to collect things go like this one!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Lenny wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 10:22 Anyone else having probelms with the workplace button (the one for the Wheel and ressources) since the quest started? It only shows this quest for me now. It I close the game the odl button is back but won't open. The soon a visit a house and come back to the work Station it is gone again.
I’m having the same problem since the quest began. Since it hasn’t corrected itself I guess we need to submit a ticket to FireMonkeys for a fix.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 06:29
SKatF wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 22:02
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 08:44
Place Christmas decorations - have to buy and place 4 decorations (consider the 10LP to skip the task for this goal depending on your inventory and/or how much you would have to spend.
I bought Christmas doors at 2 LP each instead. Spent 8 LP and had the 4 doors to use.
For me it’s an inventory issue. For the first three Christmases playing this game I would go hog wild on Christmas decorations. Everything got switched for a Christmas decoration. All doors. All windows. All lights. Everything. :lol: So naturally I have quite a bit of all Christmas decorations in my inventory. I weighed the time needed to place all of those items against spending 10 LP and the spending 10 LP won out.

I do have only 30 of the nutcracker decoration but considering the cost for one of those the 10 LP still won out.

For those looking for a cheap simoleon item for the goal the reindeer decorations are fairly cheap (they were §500 each last year).
I know what you mean. I used to decorate all houses also. And the items were MUCH cheaper to buy at the time (I think), so I'm glad I stocked up back then.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

i can't see myself completing this quest if i keep being late checking in. sorry i have to work and have a life firemonkeys... :roll:
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I started the quest at about 9 am the first day but it seems to progress to next day at 2 am EDT.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

The good thing about this quest is that almost all tasks can be quick completed by autoplay ads.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

JaneRoettinger wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 13:47 The good thing about this quest is that almost all tasks can be quick completed by autoplay ads.
Thanks. I guess I'll turn them back on.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Used to be, if 10 sims needed to make coffee, I'd set up 10 coffee machines and call one to each. I have a lot set up with 10 left from before. With new actions on coffee machine, it can cause sims to cancel each other's actions. Seems better to set them up one at a time if in one house to ensure each is into a chair before starting the next one on the machine.

I like how they will use dining chairs, upholstered chairs, or stools. All indoors or outside.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Wow, Santa's idea of "playing in the snow" is pretty harsh for a jolly old elf! Maybe he's angry that the story line said to give hot coffee to him, but (I saw her) she drank it all herself. 🙂

And what's with leaving the door open for hours Santa?
Attachments
20191214_102353.jpg
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 15:01 Used to be, if 10 sims needed to make coffee, I'd set up 10 coffee machines and call one to each. I have a lot set up with 10 left from before. With new actions on coffee machine, it can cause sims to cancel each other's actions. Seems better to set them up one at a time if in one house to ensure each is into a chair before starting the next one on the machine.

I like how they will use dining chairs, upholstered chairs, or stools. All indoors or outside.
The sims will stand at the coffee machines if there's no seat at all in the house. And they will refuse if there are blocked seats.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View