[SIMCHASE] Season 9: Mansion Mania!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 9: Mansion Mania!

Post by kls1st »

Penstroker wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 14:13 This is only my second Chase. Can anyone share any hints about using the spin tokens? Is it better to spin when you win them? If you spin during an episode is the reward good for that episode or the next? If you save up the tokens and spin several times during the same episode, will all the rewards be good for the same episode or is there a “one reward per episode”rule? If there is a tutorial on this, please point me to it. I’ve worked too hard to get these to squander them. I have been sneaking my tablet to work and setting the alarm for my 1:00 am start time.

Thanks!
I don’t know, is there a tutorial? But, yes, you can spin any time you have a token. The reward is applied right then. You can use multiple tokens during an episode to really pile it on your opponent and you can definitely be strategic about it. Tokens cannot be saved for the next Chase. Be careful, don’t get caught. Totally not worth your job :?
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Preteen sims won’t clean old dishes. It looks as if they will until they get to the sink where they refuse and get all grossed out.
Silly sim... :roll:
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Penstroker wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 14:13Is it better to spin when you win them?
No. Actually it's better to spin when you are doing some simchase task because this way you can get a chance to slow your rival.
Penstroker wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 14:13If you spin during an episode is the reward good for that episode or the next?
Rewards are random. Most of them are not that great (like $1000 of simoleons). The only useful rewards for me are snail pace and road blocks but they are rare.
Penstroker wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 14:13If you save up the tokens and spin several times during the same episode, will all the rewards be good for the same episode or is there a “one reward per episode”rule?
There is no “one reward per episode” rule. You can spin all tokens during the same episode and get different rewards or the same reward several times. Usually I save all my tokens for the last episode because it's the hardest part of simchase event and any possible help from tokens is useful.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Penstroker wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 14:13 This is only my second Chase. Can anyone share any hints about using the spin tokens? Is it better to spin when you win them? If you spin during an episode is the reward good for that episode or the next? If you save up the tokens and spin several times during the same episode, will all the rewards be good for the same episode or is there a “one reward per episode”rule? If there is a tutorial on this, please point me to it. I’ve worked too hard to get these to squander them. I have been sneaking my tablet to work and setting the alarm for my 1:00 am start time.

Thanks!
You can use as many as you choose in one episode. Not to be discouraging, but I didn't find them very helpful.

I hope others will share their strategy. I use them only when there's a "real" prize episode (where I really want the prize) and if I get behind due to real life. I would never set alarms to wake me in the night just for a game.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Twenty two sims is not enough to get sixty six alphabet soup letters. Dang! Two rounds for this task does not please me. I’d gotten spoiled the last few of these type tasks, getting what we needed to finish first round. Mean ol' sneaky monkeys :evil:. Be warned!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

kls1st wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 00:36 Twenty two sims is not enough to get sixty six alphabet soup letters. Dang! Two rounds for this task does not please me. I’d gotten spoiled the last few of these type tasks, getting what we needed to finish first round. Mean ol' sneaky monkeys :evil:. Be warned!
Really upset me too. Before, my sims got between 2 and 5 pieces. This time 2 or 3, mostly 2. I had to spend more SP than planned to complete the task and keep up with the time I have left. And I resent the SP cost at menu does not go down even if you have finished all but one or two.

I noticed more days have "real" prizes, which I thought was good at first. But now, if tasks continue like this, it will mean I'll need to spend SP on more days to finish. 😡
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

kls1st wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 18:19 Preteen sims won’t clean old dishes. It looks as if they will until they get to the sink where they refuse and get all grossed out.
Silly sim... :roll:
It felt like "Don't exploit preteens for houseworks" :? The today's 20-sims-task can't be done by preteens either, because they're not allowed to drink coffee.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I have added an info to the opening post:

If you want you can skip tasks at the menu or shorten tasks at the sim. Both amounts are mentioned in brackets behind the tasks. The costs at the sim will go down a while after starting the task, the lowest amount is 9 SP.

If one fears using SP may be necessary, it may help to plan.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Penstroker
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Penstroker »

Thanks for all the input. It turned out to be a moot point. I earned a token, spun and won $3000 Simoleons. Ended up spending some of my hard-earned SPs to get the bookcases that I wanted.

Did everyone's event start at 1:00 am or was it tied to the time that I opened the game on the start date? If so, serves me right for staying up late one night and checking the game before going to bed!!
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Everything is so expensive after you place the first copy... they really want us dropping dollars on simoleons these days