Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

Post by annarose »

Thank you chamilet ... I'll keep an eye out for any developments, but no way will I start another game!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

annarose wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 01:58 Thank you chamilet ... I'll keep an eye out for any developments, but no way will I start another game!
Did you try to download your game on a different device?

I always download on my phone right after uploading on iPad. When I stumbled into the loop, I could upload from my phone, and after force closing the game on iPad, I finally could download again.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

ErinPW wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 08:18
annarose wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 01:58 Thank you chamilet ... I'll keep an eye out for any developments, but no way will I start another game!

I always download on my phone right after uploading on iPad. When I stumbled into the loop, I could upload from my phone, and after force closing the game on iPad, I finally could download again.
I have two games. My Glee sims are the ones that have the crashing game. My Whovian sims I can play on my iPhone or my iPad. My Glee sims will crash the game on whichever device I download it onto.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

ErinPW wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 08:18

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having trouble finding the info I need and fire monkeys' website was no help.

How do you download to a different device? I used to play sfp on my Android phone then I moved it to an old tablet. I want to move it back to my phone but when I installed the game, data from a few months ago shows up. I'm not logged into the cloud yet on my phone and I'm afraid if I do log in, it'll overwrite my data that I uploaded earlier today with this really old data. Does anyone know if it'll give me the option to download the newest data? Or maybe point me in the right direction in the forum if there's already an answer? Thank you!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

tangerine wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 05:10 […]

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having trouble finding the info I need and fire monkeys' website was no help.

How do you download to a different device? I used to play sfp on my Android phone then I moved it to an old tablet. I want to move it back to my phone but when I installed the game, data from a few months ago shows up. I'm not logged into the cloud yet on my phone and I'm afraid if I do log in, it'll overwrite my data that I uploaded earlier today with this really old data. Does anyone know if it'll give me the option to download the newest data? Or maybe point me in the right direction in the forum if there's already an answer? Thank you!
As long as you have your game on your tablet it should be safe. Upload again from your tablet.

Make sure to use the same account on your phone. Then you should be able to download the Data you have uploaded moments ago.
iOS 17.4.1

tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

ErinPW wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 10:45
tangerine wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 05:10 […]

As long as you have your game on your tablet it should be safe. Upload again from your tablet.

Make sure to use the same account on your phone. Then you should be able to download the Data you have uploaded moments ago.
I wanted to move the game to my phone because my game on my tablet keeps crashing since the update. Maybe I'll wait a couple of days to see if anyone else is having problems. Thanks for replying so quickly, I appreciate it. :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

tangerine wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 16:09 […]
I wanted to move the game to my phone because my game on my tablet keeps crashing since the update. Maybe I'll wait a couple of days to see if anyone else is having problems. Thanks for replying so quickly, I appreciate it. :)
You‘re welcome!

A member of the German forum also couldn‘t open the game. Updating „Android System WebView" to version # 89.0.4389.105 did help.
I don‘t know, whether it was the same issue. Guess, you’ll find infos in internet :)
iOS 17.4.1

tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

ErinPW wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 18:25
tangerine wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 16:09 […]
You‘re welcome!

A member of the German forum also couldn‘t open the game. Updating „Android System WebView" to version # 89.0.4389.105 did help.
I don‘t know, whether it was the same issue. Guess, you’ll find infos in internet :)
My version of Android System WebView is starts with 70 and it doesn't look like I can update it. I'll eventually have to create another user account on my good tablet but I really like being able to have both games open and playable at the same time. :cry:
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I just happened to check in with my Sims to see if my problem was fixed and I got in!! Hopefully others' games are fixed with this update as well.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

A friend of the German forum stumbled over the bug from the opening post a few days ago. So it‘s still not fixed.
iOS 17.4.1