Mariachi Romance Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Mariachi Romance Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from January 24th 9:30pm UTC (Subject to change) (Source).

The update is in the iOS App Store already. The Downtown Developer is available right after updating, the other events should still start like shown in the schedule.

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Mariachi Romance Update

Version 5.66.-
Version 5.66.0
Version 5.66.0

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
  • NEW Downtown Developer 6: 30-day event available to start anytime from 25 January (24th)
  • NEW Influence Island Season 22 Hacienda Homes: 10-day event starting from 25 January (24th)
  • NEW SimChase Season 37 Chinese Lunar New Year: 9-day event starting from 25 January (7 days from 24th)
  • NEW 'Heart-Fluttering Hacienda’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 2 February
  • NEW Hair Hobby Event - Oh So Ombre: 7-day event starting from 4 February
  • NEW SimChase Season 38: Mariachi Mayhem: 7-day event starting from 13 February (9 days)
  • NEW Influence Island Season 23: Palm Springs Bedroom & Bathroom rerun: 10-day event starting from 25 February
Reruns:
  • Influence Island Season 6 Art Deco (‘Suite Success’): 10-day event starting from 9 February
  • ‘HANS On’ Player Favorite Event rerun: 7-day event starting from 13 February
  • ‘Fashion Designer Hobby Event - Stockings & Tights rerun: 7-day event starting from 22 February
  • Maternity Pack 25 rerun: Start a pregnancy event between 25 February – 4 March, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
  • Ghost Flustered - Player Favorite Quest rerun: 7-day event starting 2 March
  • 'Lofty Lifestyle’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 2 March
  • SimChase Season 22: Household Blitz! 7-day event starting from 6 March
Base Game Improvements
Limited Time Prize Redemptions
Do you hate just missing out on the grand prizes in Hobby events and Discovery Quests as you pass the deadline? To prevent repeating them again from the beginning, we’ve added a new last chance offer the next time you open your game or check on your progress, so you can decide whether to take the opportunity to add a time extension or redeem the final prize with premium currency instead!

Town Value Rewards
The higher your Town Value is, the more Simoleons you’ll receive in your Daily Allowance. As you construct buildings in SimTown, build houses and purchase new items from the Home Store your Town Value increases. We’ve refreshed the information tab in the top right corner of any ‘Town Value’ screen to make it super clear about your latest rewards as you continue to grow your town! We’ve also added your Sim Count to the information screen and increased the amount of Life Points rewards you earn (1LP to 2LP) as you simply play the game!

New Idle Animations in Create-A-Sim Screen
We’ve added happy resting facial expressions and natural body movement to tween, teenager and adult Sims in the Create A Sim menu! Next time you’re adding a new Sim to your town, check it out and let us know what you think!

Bumping Sims Out of the Way
Have you ever experienced your Sims getting in the way while you’re redecorating in Build Mode? Well, the next time you’re trying to place an item in your Sim’s house lot, Sims will now avoid the tile and move to a vacant tile nearby when an object is moved over them.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

New animation in Downtown Developer Events

Bugs

The Drinks Trays are back in inventory.

The Espresso Machines and Milkshake Maker don‘t work.
Most Android players couldn‘t open their games. Hotfix around February 20th
The Smoke Machines are still not working correctly.
Last edited by ErinPW on 05 Mar 2022, 19:11, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Mariachi Romance Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by SKatF »

I see EA calls the Maternity Pack 25 event a rerun. However it's the one from the last update that EA cancelled due to a glitch. So as no one has yet completed it, I'd call it NEW.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Influence Island and SimChase are scheduled for the same day, but in my game only the SimChase started. Is the schedule still accurate? Maybe Influence Island will just start at a different time?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 08:54 I see EA calls the Maternity Pack 25 event a rerun. However it's the one from the last update that EA cancelled due to a glitch. So as no one has yet completed it, I'd call it NEW.
On January 5th they announced on Twitter:
"Happy New Year, Simmers! Due to a bug in our latest hotfix, the maternity event that was scheduled to start earlier this week, hasn't appeared for most players.
We'll be rerunning it for everyone in our next update! Thanks for bringing it to our attention"

To me it’s not a rerun either and I didn‘t see any posts that players could do this event while Party of the Decade update 🤷‍♀️
simmare wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 11:21 Influence Island and SimChase are scheduled for the same day, but in my game only the SimChase started. Is the schedule still accurate? Maybe Influence Island will just start at a different time?
Influence Island may start at 9.00 pm UTC; I also expected this for the SimChase and was pretty surprised to get it right after updating. Guess, we have to wait for the other events to see, if the schedule has changed for all of them.

Edit:
Looks like we can‘t rely on the schedule. It shows the SimChase as "Chinese Lunar New Year" 9-day event, but in the game it appeared as "Lunar New Year Spark Up" 7 days.
Attachments
01BD0EDB-1C60-459B-8D89-4F0FA08DB80B.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

There appears to be a new animation in Downtown Developer 6. Just started it and did my first collection. Once tapping on the bubble over the Sim’s head, the Sim stabbed his shovel into the ground twice, and a granite shard appeared. The Sim lifted up the shard, and then it was counted. I don’t recall this ever happening before.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Oh no. The hair hobby event started now in my game instead of the 4th. I'm doing Sandy Springs plus Influence Island plus SimChase finishing tomorrow. I was so much looking for a couple days with fewer events.

The mad pace is driving me away from this game.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 07:06 Oh no. The hair hobby event started now in my game instead of the 4th. I'm doing Sandy Springs plus Influence Island plus SimChase finishing tomorrow. I was so much looking for a couple days with fewer events.

This got me, too, when I opened the game. Now I wonder if the other events will start early as well :?
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 08:38
SKatF wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 07:06 Oh no. The hair hobby event started now in my game instead of the 4th. I'm doing Sandy Springs plus Influence Island plus SimChase finishing tomorrow. I was so much looking for a couple days with fewer events.

This got me, too, when I opened the game. Now I wonder if the other events will start early as well :?
The entire schedule for this update is messed up, isn’t it?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 08:45 […]

The entire schedule for this update is messed up, isn’t it?
Absolutely! I don’t like that …
iOS 17.4.1

JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Looks like Downtown Developer 6 is not added to Simdex.