[SIMCHASE] 40 "Sour Squeeze" (9 days)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: [SIMCHASE] 40 "Sour Squeeze" (9 days)

Post by ErinPW »

kls1st wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 13:56
ErinPW wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 13:21
kls1st wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 11:16 :( I didn’t get them either
:cry:

Did you send a ticket to the Firemonkeys already? I‘m sure they‘ll hand the out then!
Nah, I can afford it and I don’t want them pokin around :?
Did you get yours?
Nope. I did swipe away a popup on my phone this morning but it didn’t show up on my tablet. As I didn‘t download the latest save to my phone last night, it wasn‘t up to date and I would have lost more. I can live with that :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

ErinPW wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 15:13
kls1st wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 13:56
ErinPW wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 13:21
kls1st wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 11:16 :( I didn’t get them either
:cry:

Did you send a ticket to the Firemonkeys already? I‘m sure they‘ll hand the out then!
Nah, I can afford it and I don’t want them pokin around :?
Did you get yours?
Nope. I did swipe away a popup on my phone this morning but it didn’t show up on my tablet. As I didn‘t download the latest save to my phone last night, it wasn‘t up to date and I would have lost more. I can live with that :)
It’s good to be rich! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

kls1st wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 18:45
[…]

It’s good to be rich! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neither my Sims not me are rich :lol: I just have enough that losing 5 SP doesn’t hurt too much 🤷‍♀️
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Got it when game opened.
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

Daylight savings ended where I am overnight last night (Melbourne, Australia). I was completing the sim chase episode 8 and had the last task before the nightclub task and would have had 45 minutes until the next episode. My timer that I set went off to say that the task was finished and I opened the game and the task bar went off saying I didn’t complete the episode on time and missed on the prize… would it be worth lodging a ticket with fire monkeys or would they just say nope not our problem? :(

Thanks in advance for your help.
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

rajcaz wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 12:07 Daylight savings ended where I am overnight last night (Melbourne, Australia). I was completing the sim chase episode 8 and had the last task before the nightclub task and would have had 45 minutes until the next episode. My timer that I set went off to say that the task was finished and I opened the game and the task bar went off saying I didn’t complete the episode on time and missed on the prize… would it be worth lodging a ticket with fire monkeys or would they just say nope not our problem? :(

Ouch! Sorry that happened to you. It might be worth lodging a ticket anyway - you might be surprised. And if they do say no, you’ll get a chance to purchase the pack later. Costs a lot of SPs, though.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

rajcaz wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 12:07 Daylight savings ended where I am overnight last night (Melbourne, Australia). I was completing the sim chase episode 8 and had the last task before the nightclub task and would have had 45 minutes until the next episode. My timer that I set went off to say that the task was finished and I opened the game and the task bar went off saying I didn’t complete the episode on time and missed on the prize… would it be worth lodging a ticket with fire monkeys or would they just say nope not our problem? :(

I‘m sorry this happened to you!
Did you leave your time zone? Possibly the game has wrongly noticed a change at the system clock, while you didn‘t touch it. Like simmare I think it’s worth it to file a ticket.
iOS 17.4.1

rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

ErinPW wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 06:43

I‘m sorry this happened to you!
Did you leave your time zone? Possibly the game has wrongly noticed a change at the system clock, while you didn‘t touch it. Like simmare I think it’s worth it to file a ticket.
simmare wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 19:37 [quote=rajcaz post_id=79980 time=<a href="tel:1648987628">1648987628</a> user_id=8451]
Daylight savings ended where I am overnight last night (Melbourne, Australia). I was completing the sim chase episode 8 and had the last task before the nightclub task and would have had 45 minutes until the next episode. My timer that I set went off to say that the task was finished and I opened the game and the task bar went off saying I didn’t complete the episode on time and missed on the prize… would it be worth lodging a ticket with fire monkeys or would they just say nope not our problem? :(

Ouch! Sorry that happened to you. It might be worth lodging a ticket anyway - you might be surprised. And if they do say no, you’ll get a chance to purchase the pack later. Costs a lot of SPs, though.
[/quote]

Thank you for your replies. I put in a ticket and they gave me back the 223 SP that I had to use to get what I missed. :D

ErIn: No I didn’t leave the Timezone. We have a thing called daylight savings in some parts of our country in Australia when the clock goes forward one hour in October to give us longer days in summer and goes back one hour in April to normal. Anyways I didn’t realise it mucked up the game as simchase doesn’t have a timer to reflect how much time is left in the episode before its finished like it does in the downtown developer events. It only shows how much time until the next episode once you have completed all the tasks.

I suggested to the person that was dealing with my case to perhaps include the timer in future events and he said he will pass it on to the developers.. so hopefully we can see that in future if we have to keep having these simchases. ;)
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

rajcaz wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 07:39 […]

Thank you for your replies. I put in a ticket and they gave me back the 223 SP that I had to use to get what I missed. :D

ErIn: No I didn’t leave the Timezone. We have a thing called daylight savings in some parts of our country in Australia when the clock goes forward one hour in October to give us longer days in summer and goes back one hour in April to normal. Anyways I didn’t realise it mucked up the game as simchase doesn’t have a timer to reflect how much time is left in the episode before its finished like it does in the downtown developer events. It only shows how much time until the next episode once you have completed all the tasks.

I suggested to the person that was dealing with my case to perhaps include the timer in future events and he said he will pass it on to the developers.. so hopefully we can see that in future if we have to keep having these simchases. ;)
I‘m glad you got the SP back!

I didn‘t get „daylight savings“ although I could have, as we have it, to :oops: We just say „wintertime“ and „summertime“ ^^ Over here it works like it should. The game counts the 24 hours, just the clock shows 9am instead of 8am. Of course we need to remember if we have opened the game later than 8am.
iOS 17.4.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I hate the absence of a countdown timer. I think they did not include it as it would take away from the illusion they are trying to create that there is an actual race between our Sim and the "competitor" rather than actually having to complete each set of tasks within 24 hours.

It's hard to know the exact start time of the event so I always finish day one early and take note of time remaining until next session. (literally make a note on my phone) This gives me the renewal time for each day/deadline for last day. It stays the same each day for the entire event.