Midtown Café - FAQ and Discussion

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Midtown Café - FAQ and Discussion

Post by simmare »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 16:17 Well, I bit the bullet and started this…very anticlimactic!
I was afraid I was going to be stuck there for the whole shift and other things would suffer but, other than bumping up a couple tourists, I’m not really needed lol!
I just check in once in a while to send my staff on breaks and then do tours. It doesn’t require all that much attention.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Is there an expiration guide regarding unlocked items?
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Tony hasn’t gotten off that bench for 15 minutes (not on a break!)….he must be making those shakes telepathically lol :D
7E3AFE02-1DA7-43D9-B0E1-67765895B923.jpeg
Updated town info in profile
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Hahaha 🤣! That’s the same thing that one of my staff did…they never got off that bench for at least a total of 30 mins without being on break. Lol 😅😂🤣
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Once you reach and complete level 45 - what happens to our staff? Are we still able to manage them? Are there still shifts and tours? Does it become a sim location that we have more control over? Will the sim limit be reduced because right now, the lot allows for more than 30 sims at once - tested by spending LP to advance and complete tours. I had almost 40 sims on that midtown cafe lot.

Any one who has answers is greatly appreciated.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I’m nowhere near that but, from what I’ve seen from The Girl Who Games, I think we can still work shifts after level 45 to earn credits to spend customizing your cafe but there are no more tours. The stuff we buy with credits won’t be moveable to other locations in our towns.
I also saw somewhere that our sims will be able to visit then but not interact with staff.
Updated town info in profile
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

What I’m bugged about is when the cafe employees need a break and you send them on a break, if you then navigate away from the cafe to another lot and return they haven’t had their break in your absence and you need to send them on a break over again and wait until they finish their break. Hopefully this is a bug?
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

Wow you guys got the register already? Nowhere near that 😂
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

bluebeariscool wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 23:45 What I’m bugged about is when the cafe employees need a break and you send them on a break, if you then navigate away from the cafe to another lot and return they haven’t had their break in your absence and you need to send them on a break over again and wait until they finish their break. Hopefully this is a bug?
That’s happened to me a few times. You have to stay at the cafe. It’s aggravating. Once you see their meter drop you can navigate away.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Yep, those breaks are the same for me and I thought it was a bug. I gave up on even giving them breaks.

But I did remodel my cafe based on a build originally designed by one of my favorite YouTubers - Joy Creative Finger.

Midtown Cafe and Midtown Hotel
Attachments
71CAAC49-2FC3-4E78-8A80-AD95CF706B88.jpeg
8A3B5044-8326-404E-9AA6-69A023467BDE.jpeg