FreePlayFest Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

FreePlayFest Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from 28th of November, 2022, 9:30 p.m. UTC (Subject to change)
Source

Here‘s a link to the official article: FreePlayFest Update

December 9th: Update Version 5.73.1

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
  • NEW Influence Island Season 32 Winter Cabin: 10-day event starting November 28
  • NEW SimChase Season 51 Christmas Cacophony: 9-day event starting November 28
  • Free Christmas Gifts: available from December 1 – 26
  • NEW 11th Birthday Special Daily Offers: 14-day promotions starting December 3
  • NEW ‘Christmas is in the Heir’ Seasonal Quest: 14-day event starting December 12
  • NEW SimChase Season 52 Club Clash: 9-day event starting December 25
  • NEW Maternity Pack 32: 9-day event starting January 3
  • NEW Premium Perks: 10-day event starting January 6
Reruns:
  • Influence Island Season 3 Jolly Jammies: 10-day event starting December 25
  • ‘Celebrity Pet’ Live Event: 10-day event starting January 4
  • ‘Oh So Ombre’ Hair Hobby Event: 7-day event starting January 12
  • SimChase Season 5 Backyard Battle: 9-day event starting January 14
    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:

New Skin Tones We hope you love the new refreshed faces of elder, adult, teen and preteen life stages. In our last update, we promised that we’d continue our journey of delivering more customization options to grow our representation options for your Sims.
  • Now we’ve added six new skin tones with a focus on darker variants.
    We’ve also been listening to your recent feedback and have put together
  • a solution for the lighter makeup changes on darker skin tones. Simply update your game from the app store to check out the changes.
    To explore the skin tones options, jump into the Create A Sim menu by clicking on your preferred Sim
    and pressing Ultimate Makeover. It no longer costs 12 Lifestyle Points to change their DNA –
    we’ve reduced it to 0 LP for the duration of this update, to say thanks to our passionate community!

+1 Sim on a Lot It's time to party it up for our 11th birthday with 11 Sims on your house lots. As our gift to you, everyone is now able to have +1 extra Sim on every lot. Currently, the lot limit is 10 Sims, so now it's 11!
    [snip]
    Note: The maximum number of Sims that can live on a lot continues to be 4, and the maximum you can have in your town continues to be 34. As you progress through each player level, you unlock more Sims for your town. The maximum gradually increases to 41 (up to 7 extra Sims) if you reach VIP Perks Level 15!
    Note: The number of Sims that can live on a lot also depends on your VIP Perks Level)

11th Birthday Specials
    Keep an eye on the special birthday icon that will appear in your game between December 3 – 15 for these details:
  • Influence Island Double Network Credits: From December 3, start Influence Island Season 32 and begin convincing Sims to join your clan, to receive double network credits to redeem prizes sooner.
  • Paperboy Triple Rewards: From December 7, visit any home lot to find Paperboy and receive 3x the Simoleons, Social Points and Life Points for three days only.
  • Home Store Discounts: From December 15, get up to 30% off décor items in the Home Store, found in Build Mode.
  • Mystery Box Keys: From December 15, receive 10 Mystery Box Keys to redeem a surprise gift. Go to the 'Mystery Box Shop' in the 'Weekly Tasks' section of the Active Tasks Menu to use them and claim a Mystery Box.
    Plus, much more!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

First Influence Island round seems to be easier again.
    New pictures in Home Store
    New animation at one Christmas Tree (detangle lights)

Update 5.73.1 in the App Stores

Bugs
    Sims sometimes walk on one spot.
    From the former update
    Graphic issue at one pair of earrings is still there.

Fixed: Graphic issue at one male hairstyle.
    Fixed: Some discovery quests can‘t be started.
    Fixed: Graphic issue with some boots for male Sims
Last edited by ErinPW on 09 Dec 2022, 12:07, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: FreePlayFest Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by simmare »

There’s apparently an upcoming “Superyacht” event. You need to be at level 40 and have the Sous Judgemental quest done. It apparently starts in 41 days. Sounds to me like the next generation of Downtown Developer, because you can’t do it if you have another Downtown Developer or Superyacht event ongoing.

The first Influence Island and Sim Chase events have a start date of Nov. 29 in my game.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Just me or does the Influence Island feel a little easier when going to Friend status?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 07:06 Just me or does the Influence Island feel a little easier when going to Friend status?
Yes, those first rounds are easier. There’s a larger green zone, and no rounds with no green zone.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

simmare wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 07:32
3luv4eva3 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 07:06 Just me or does the Influence Island feel a little easier when going to Friend status?
Yes, those first rounds are easier. There’s a larger green zone, and no rounds with no green zone.
Was flying through them quickly as usual so I didn't really spot it until I got near the end and thought huh, that was fast
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Yay for another easier influence island.

On another note I’m a bit annoyed they haven’t fixed the glitch where some sims seem to be running on the spot and can’t perform tasks. I navigate away from the lot and go back and it usually fixes it but OMG it is annoying! Is anyone else experiencing this?
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

bluebeariscool wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 22:51 Yay for another easier influence island.

On another note I’m a bit annoyed they haven’t fixed the glitch where some sims seem to be running on the spot and can’t perform tasks. I navigate away from the lot and go back and it usually fixes it but OMG it is annoying! Is anyone else experiencing this?
I had a issue with that during an Influence Island in the last update. My Sim just kept walking in around in a little circle and wouldn’t do anything else. I had to exit the island and go back, and it was fixed.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

bluebeariscool wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 22:51 Yay for another easier influence island.

And they flap their arms or jump up and down and clap on an endless loop? I often have to call them to another lot or send them to work from the sim tracker to break the cycle. I even tried reinstalling the game but it’s still doing it…especially annoying if you don’t notice it right away when doing a multi-sim task.
Updated town info in profile
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

bluebeariscool wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 22:51
It's very irritating. I got tired of going to a different lot and then back again but I found if you have another sim talk to the one who's stuck in place and then cancel the action, it'll unstick them. Doesn't help if it happens on the island where you can have only one sim, though. :(
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There’s a new animation at one of our Christmas Trees "detangle lights".
4E7FBC5F-6ED5-4463-B97C-7D136E792F15.jpeg

We got new pictures at the Home Store - showing scenes from The Sims Mobile. (They did not appear as new items.)
523467CF-10B8-4B50-9191-28A0C3809C61.jpeg

Bugs from the Faces of the Future update:
Discovery quests can be started again.
The graphic issue at a male hair style has been fixed.

The graphic issue at the earrings is still there:
BC706938-2F8F-4D9C-B98D-2BE7C54F2B9A.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View