Christmas is in the Heir - The Story

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
ErinPW

Christmas is in the Heir - The Story

Post by ErinPW »

This story has been told with the quest.
(Copied from the game.)
For once, Christmas is drama free. At least until Santa approaches your Sim requesting help on a more personal matter. <br />It's up to your Sim to help Santa ensure that the Christmas spirit is instilled in the Claus' legacy!
For once, Christmas is drama free. At least until Santa approaches your Sim requesting help on a more personal matter.
It's up to your Sim to help Santa ensure that the Christmas spirit is instilled in the Claus' legacy!
  • A yuletide breeze blows through SimTown. Santa is flying high, shaking the cobwebs off the sleigh! Your Sim should wish him well!
    Have your Sim Wave at Santa at the X out the front of their house.

Santa's altitude may make your Sim hard to spot, but they are in a festive mood... until they realize how cold it is!
    Place a 'Xmas Fireplace' in your Sim's house.

The festive fireplace will do nicely! Now to warm up!
    Have your Sim Warm Hands in front of the Fireplace.

Now that they are thawed, your Sim is ready to put up some decorations!
    Place 10 Christmas decorations in your Sim's house.

With the house looking festive inside, it's time to put some seasonal touches on the outside!
    Have your Sim Build a Snowman at the X outside their house.

With his carrot nose in place, the Snowman springs to life singing Christmas Carols!
    Have 8 Sims join in and Sing Carols from the X out the front of Sims houses.
  • Your Sim and the indomitable Snowman finally exhaust the carol songbook when your Sim hears a phone ringing. Are the neighbors complaining?! Have your Sim Answer the Phone.

Your Sim answers the phone to the hearty tones of Santa! Did the carolling make his Christmas senses tingle? He wants your Sim to meet him in the Park. Send your Sim to the Park.

Your Sim arrives to find Santa lost in thought staring at the fountain in the Park. What could be wrong?
    Have your Sim talk to Santa.

"It's my daughter, Milly Enial Claus. One day she'll take over from me, but I cannot seperate her from her cell phone. Your Christmas knowledge combined with my woodland cabin outside of cell phone range could be the circuit breaker!"
    Have your Sim Accept Santa's Request.

"I knew I could rely on you! If Milly is to become Mother Christmas, she needs to embrace Christmas", Santa explains. Santa's arranged for Rudolph to pick up Milly and your Sim. Have your Sim wait for Milly on the Park bench.

Rudolph arrives but there's a severe lack of Milly! Could another Sim have seen her?
    Have 9 Sims Ask about Milly at a Phone.
  • Finally Milly, with her head down enthralled at something on her cell phone, arrives at the Park. Time to say hello!
    Have your Sim Greet Milly at the Park.

Your Sim's greeting to the top of Milly's head is met with a curt response. "Gotta reply to this Chirp on Chirper!"
    What's a Chirper?! Doesn't matter! Your Sim isn't waiting. Have your Sim Get Milly's Attention.

"I know already. Dad wants us to go to his crusty old cabin." Seems Milly is FINALLY ready.
    Tap on Rudolph in the Park to travel to Santa's Cabin.

Your Sim and Milly arrive at Santa's idyllic woodland retreat. It's rustic, relaxing and beautiful.
    Have your Sim Enjoy the View at the X.

Your Sim's reverie is interrupted by banging and crashing coming from Santa's Cabin. What could it be?
    Have your Sim Look in the Window at the X mark.

That's strange. nothing. But there are footprints in the snow.
    Have your Sim Inspect the footprints.

Are they animal or Sim-prints? Your Sim hears another bang from inside the house. But first, there is deep snow to be taken care of to gain access! Have 10 Sims clear snow from the Snow Mounds at Santa's Cabin.
  • With the snow taken care of, your Sim and Milly can finally enter Santa's Cabin and investigate what is creating all the noise.
    Have your Sim Investigate Santa's Cabin from the X.

Your Sim inspects Santa's Cabin but finds nothing. That is until a GHOST APPEARS! Milly sees it as an opportunity to take photos! Your Sim only has one plan. From the Ghost, have your Sim Panic.

Your Sim stops panicking. The ghost seems to be harmless. Milly is busy Chirping pictures online. Damn! Cell reception is good these days! But what could the ghost want? Have your Sim talk to the Ghost.

'I'm Ghoulia! I've lost an old photograph. The wind shredded it and scattered the pieces across SimTown."
    Have Sims search for 36 Photo Parts from household objects.

With all the pieces of the photo recovered, it's time to return it to Ghoulia!
    Have your Sim give Ghoulia the photo parts.

"Now I can get back to terrifying SimTown! I want Christmas to be just as scary as Halloween!"
    Two spooky holidays so close together can't happen! It goes against the Christmas Council's protocols!
    Have your Sim dissuade Ghoulia.

Your Sim tries to dissuade Ghoulia from creating a Christmas catastrophe. She's adamant that she wants to creep out SimTown.
    Your Sim needs help! Have Sims use a Phone to discuss Ghoulia.
  • That's it! Winter already means shivering Sims. Scaring them won't have any visible effect! When Ghoulia sees the snow, she'll understand!
    Have vour Sim show Ghoulia the snow outside Santa's Cabin.

Ghoulia grudgingly agrees to not create a Christmas horror story and fades away. Your Sim is no closer to Milly embracing Christmas. Time to talk (Christmas) turkey with Milly.
    Have your Sim chat to Milly.

Your Sim's words fall on deaf ears. Milly's Chirper post featuring pictures of Ghoulia is trending! Your Sim needs a seasonal solution that will compete with a few hundred likes...
    Have your Sim ponder a solution in a Chair.

Aha! What's the most Christmassy location your Sim knows of? Santa's Workshop! Perhaps seeing the elves at work will inspire Milly.
    Have your Sim and Milly travel to Santa's Workshop via Rudolph.

Your Sim and Milly arrive at the bustling workshop. Could Pepper, the head elf, be the perfect person to explain to Milly the importance of Christmas?
    Have your Sim and Milly talk to Pepper.

Pepper explains how the presents Santa and the elves create brings everybody together with the physical act of giving, spreading love throughout SimTown. That's it! Santa has a huge social presence!
    Have your Sim discuss the perks of being Santa with Milly.

Your Sim details Santa's perks: being jolly, wearing red and white. Plus reindeers! Milly's eyes light up. "I need to actualize myself in the role with a selfie at the workshop."
    "Is Milly finally listening!? Have your Sim and Milly take a selfie in Santa's Workshop.

After what felt less like taking a selfie and more like a photoshoot, Milly's focus turns to finding the best photos to upload to Simstagram and Chirper.
    Your Sim gave it their best shot... Have your Sim talk to Santa.
  • After much pondering, Santa says, "I am too close to Milly, and she is too far from you. We need an influencer in the middle. "Who could that be? Brrrgh..your Sim is too cold to think straight.
    Have your Sim and Milly return to Santa's Cabin from Rudolph, and have them make Hot Chocolate from a Kettle.

The hot chocolate not only thaws your Sim's hands but their brain as well! Milly needs to hear from successful women in the Christmas scene!
    Have your Sim call Mrs. Claus at a Phone.

Your Sim asks Mrs. Claus if she has any tips on how to be a Christmas role model. "Can't talk, my pet parrot Pete has escaped! He flew towards Santa's Cabin. Can you help?"
    Your Sim needs a way to lure and secure Pete. Have your Sim read 'Bribing Birds' from a Bookshelf.

'Bribing Birds' details a sensational seed mix, irresistable to parrots!
    Have Sims search for 64 seeds from household objects.

That should be more than enough for one parrot... surely!
    Now to find a spot to attract Pete! Have your Sim sprinkle seeds at the X mark at Santa's Cabin.

Pete is unable to resist the gourmet seed combination. Here he comes!
    Have your Sim feed Pete at the X at Santa's Cabin.
  • With the parrot well-fed, your Sim believes enough time has passed for Pete to fly home.
    Have your Sim phone Mrs. Claus to ask about Pete.

"Pete's here!" cries Mrs. Claus. "Christmas spirit? Compassion! Give to those who can least afford it!" Mrs. Claus' words gives your Sim goosebumps! One tip won't be enough. What other strong Christmas women are there?
    Have your Sim reflect on a Sofa.

The Ice Queen! She is both regal and responsible for winter weather!
    One seasoned in such Christmas activities must have some worthy insights into the Spirit of Christmas!
    Have your Sim go the Ice Palace via Rudolph.

Your Sim arrives at the Ice Palace to find the Ice Queen sobbing in her bedroom. What could be wrong?
    Have your Sim comfort the Ice Queen.

The Ice Queen explains that her pet pug, Anna, is missing! "Your Sim has a network of 'pug-lem' solvers!"
    Have your Sim discuss how to find Anna with 9 Sims.

Pugs love toys - the squeakier the better! Your Sims wonder if Anna has a favorite toy.
    Have your Sim ask the Ice Queen about Anna's toys.

"Anna loves her squeaky toy ring!" says the Ice Queen. Your Sim knows just the squeaky solution!
    Have your Sim place Anna's toy at the X mark at the Ice Palace.
  • Success! Anna comes running and snuffles around her missing toy.
    Now to reunite the Ice Queen with Anna. Have your Sim re-introduce Anna to the Ice Queen.

"Thanks so much for finding Anna! Now, Christmas spirit? Balance! Your emotions can impact those around you" the Ice Queen says.
    With two great tips, can your Sim find one more? But who? Your Sim needs some inspiration themselves!
    Have your Sim return to Santa's Cabin with Rudolph, and play acoustic carols at the Campfire.

Your Sim heartily strums acoustic Christmas carols, when suddenly, their third person springs to mind: the tough but savvy business woman, Carole from Albion Square! Can she help?
    Have your Sim call Carole from a Phone.

"Can't talk, closing a deal. In fact, I'd love your help!" says Carole. "Have to draft a contract with the Christmas Council to prevent a hostile takeover from 'Grouch Inc." Your Sim agrees to help.
    Have your Sim compile 20 parts of the contract at a Computer.

Your Sim compiles the pieces of the contract and emails them to Carole. She replies, asking to meet your Sim at Santa's Workshop.
    Have your Sim travel to Santa's Workshop via Rudolph.

Carole is waiting for your Sim at the Workshop ready to review the contract.
    Have your Sim review the contract with Santa and Carole.
  • The contract is watertight! "Christmas Spirit? Never give up and never let go of what's in your heart," states Carole. With three spirited quotes from inspirational women, it's finally time to share them with Milly!
    Have your Sim return to Santa's Cabin using Rudolph.

Your Sim returns to Santa's Cabin. Time to inspire Milly with the Spirit of Christmas quotes!
    Have your Sim share the quotes with Milly.

Your Sim shares each of the quotes from the Christmas figureheads with Milly. She barely looks up from her phone.
    Your Sim is at a loss. What else can your Sim try? Have your Sim Brainstorm on a Sofa.

That's it! Milly is a visual processor! If your Sim can show Milly tangible evidence she'll understand!
    Can your Sim find evidence of Mrs. Claus supporting those less fortunate?
    Have your Sim search for 21 examples of Mrs. Claus' good deeds at a Magazine Stack.

Your Sim finds numerous articles on Mrs. Claus' good deeds. Now for some evidence of the Ice Queen's ability to maintain balance.
    Is there a book about her? Have your Sim find a book on the Ice Queen from a Bookshelf.

Aha! Your Sim finds a book titled "Letting it Go: A Chronicle of Balance by the Ice Queen." Now Carole! Since her reunion with her partner
    Alex, her Simstagram is filled with photos! Have your Sim find 21 photos of Carole at a Computer.
  • Your Sim has everything they need! Time to lay down the facts to Milly!
    Have your Sim present the evidence to Milly.

The physical evidence gets Milly's attention. However, Milly's response is unexpected. "Really? I'm well aware of their good deeds. I follow their feeds! Now I've got a Chirp to Flutter to."
    That's it, your Sim has nothing left. Have your Sim admit defeat to Santa on a Phone.

Santa listens to your Sim's admission of failure. "I'm coming over now to sort Milly out once and for all!" Santa soon arrives at Santa's Cabin.
    Have your Sim and Santa talk to Milly.

Santa expresses his disappointment to Milly. "I need you to start paying attention to the family business and what Christmas spirit represents." Milly is frantically typing on her phone. What is she up to?
    Have your Sim talk to Milly.

Milly says that she's Chirping about being pressured and that she needs feedback from her socials. That... doesn't sound good. Perhaps Santa expressing his disappointment was less than ideal. What has Milly posted?
    Have your Sim check social media at a Sofa.
  • Milly's Chirps are now trending with the hashtags, #notsojolly and #gatekeepers. This is bad. Milly's misguided attempts at getting attention is getting a LOT of Likes and Re-Chirps!
    Can Chirps be undone? Have your Sim ask Milly to remove the Chirps.

Milly refuses to remove her posts. "They're trending! See how many likes they have?!" she exclaims.
    Is there anything your Sim can do to stem the tide of trending posts? Have your Sim ponder over the posts at a Sofa.

Could your Sim create a counter campaign on Chirper to detract attention from Milly's posts? But what could they post about?
    Have your Sim brainstorm Chirper campaigns at a Dining Table with a Chair.

Your Sim devises their own campaign to promote positive things about Christmas, and is proud of some of their hashtag ideas such as #christmascheers and #jollyandjoyous. They've drafted out several Chirps to send. Now to put those fingers to work!
    Have your Sim post 24 Positive Chirps from a Sofa.

Your Sim's Chirps immediately gain traction and start trending, replacing Milly's. Wonder how Milly is feeling about that?
    Have your Sim check-in with Milly.
  • "So apparently Christmas Spirit is hype! I am all on board!" says Milly. "How goes the turkey preparations?"
    Wow, your Sim's work has finally swayed Milly! Have your Sim prepare a Christmas Turkey at the Oven in Santa's Cabin.

The turkey smells AMAZING! It would be even better after adding some herbs! Well, except that Santa's herbs are stored in the strangest places! Have Sims search for 130 Herbs from household objects.

That should be enough! With everything ready, your Sim can finally carve the turkey in preparation for Christmas!
    Have your Sim Carve the Turkey.

Yummo! With the turkey smelling and looking this good, maybe Milly could be swayed into posting a picture on Chirper!
    Have your Sim ask Milly to take photos of the turkey.

Milly takes numerous photos of the turkey. Curiously, she took a photo of the window. What's that about?
    Have your Sim and Milly discuss the photos.

Before getting to the photo of the window, your Sim notices that the turkey has gone missing! How?
    Have your Sim search 26 household objects for the turkey.
  • Your Sim cannot find the turkey anywhere! Instead, they find a snickering Milly Chirping something on her phone. What has she done?
    Have your Sim check Milly's Chirps at a Sofa.

A photo of the Grouch holding the turkey! Clearly Milly arranged for the Grouch to 'borrow' the turkey to create a new narrative and bury your Sim's posts!
    Have Sims look for 174 traces of the Grouch from household objects.

Your Sim searches everywhere and finds evidence of the Grouch's (and Milly's) sabotage! The clues lead outside to some fresh footprints.
    Have your Sim inspect the fresh footprints at Santa's Cabin.

Conspiracy confirmed. The footprints your Sim saw when they arrived weren't an animal's, they were the Grouch's! This new set has pieces of turkey in them!
    Time to talk turkey with Milly. Have your Sim check on Milly.

"All of my Chirps have got piles of negative sentiment!" Milly cries. It seems that the public has had enough of Milly's attention-seeking posts. Unfortunately, they're providing negative commentary about the Claus family. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive looking unhappy. Uh oh!
    Have your Sim and Milly apologize to the Clauses.

"I'm so sorry Mom and Dad, I didn't mean to ruin Christmas." Milly cries. "I just really love social media, and didn't think it would backfire like this!" Maybe Milly can use her love of social media to help her family!
    Have your Sim suggest ways to help Milly.

"You're right! I can promote Christmas and share my family's hard work on Chirper!" Milly says excitedly, "I can fix this!"
    Have your Sim support Milly in fixing Chirper posts at a Computer.

Milly's posts swing the negative sentiment back to positive. "You know Milly, helping others is part of the Christmas Spirit. I think you finally have it!" Santa exclaims. He then invites your Sim to join the Christmas feast. "Lucky I always carry a spare turkey!"
    Have your Sim join the Christmas feast by using a Dining Chair at the Dining Table at Santa's Cabin.

With a full stomach, and a united family, it's finally time for your Sim to go home and get back to their own Christmas plans.
    Have your Sim say farewell to Santa.

Santa thanks your Sim for everything they've done and everyone wishes your Sim a very Merry Christmas.
    Send all of your Sims home.
Congratulations! By helping to ignite Milly's Christmas spirit, your Sim has been awarded the 'Santa's Cabin' house template!
Congratulations! By helping to ignite Milly's Christmas spirit, your Sim has been awarded the 'Santa's Cabin' house template!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Christmas is in the Heir - The Story

Post by SKatF »

This is a great way to preserve the quest story