Yacht Preview

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Yacht Preview

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I just watched this video about the Super Yacht event that starts in a few days…a variation on the Downtown Developer events (as expected).
Updated town info in profile
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Yacht Preview

Post by simmare »

Thank you for posting this. It looks like they ran out of downtown spots so they’re moving to yachts and changing the mechanics a bit. I have no doubt this will end up costing more SPs than DD does.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

DD events aren’t my favourite because they drag on so long and I still have 3 I haven’t done. I will do the yacht one but I don’t think any of my sims are fancy enough to live on it lol!
In one of the surveys I took, there were questions about traveling to other settings and it would be cool if the yacht could travel but I don’t want to start hoping for that “someday” because it’s not likely to happen.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

ea.com has published the FAQ already:

Superyachts FAQ

Looks like there will be more than this one. Good thing is, we don’t have to start right away or if we don‘t want to do it at all, we can just ignore it :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

They definitely tweaked the DD formula for this. I never hit the shard limit on any site in DD, but have done it twice with this one. Finding wood shards takes the usual 4 hours, but fiberglass shards take 3 hours (for your sim only; the helper still takes 4 hours).
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

simmare wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 23:36 They definitely tweaked the DD formula for this. I never hit the shard limit on any site in DD, but have done it twice with this one. Finding wood shards takes the usual 4 hours, but fiberglass shards take 3 hours (for your sim only; the helper still takes 4 hours).
Yes…I was looking forward to being able to fit more shifts in since I now have super sims available but we run out of shards before we run out if time. :roll:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 14:00
Yes…I was looking forward to being able to fit more shifts in since I now have super sims available but we run out of shards before we run out if time. :roll:
I'm unhappy about the limited shards. I have a irregular schedule. Some days can go to game often and would like to collect a few extras for days I can't. I now have had days I've finished 7 to 8 hours early and others when I've had to use SP to get the last fragments to stay on schedule.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I don’t think it is possible to get the grand prize without spending SP…I spent them on the downtown developer too but it felt like I could at least set alarms to fit in shifts. If you wait for all the new permits when you run out of shards you’d never get done on time.
It’s reinforcing why I still have three DDs to do and the fact that this is “Superyacht 1” means we’re probably going to get more clogging up the harbour. These events just drag out too long! :roll:
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

I really dislike this new event. My permits keep getting issues at different times. I started the event at 6pm thinking that would be the time I would get new permits but a couple of times it happened at 7am and the last few days it was 3am! I have to wake up in the middle of the night to stay on schedule. :x