Quests and their order of appearance

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Quests and their order of appearance

Post by Perturbee »

The main/queued quests at the blog have been verified/updated in July 2019.

Quests

There are a number of quests available in The Sims FreePlay that unlock new content and features. We have included some of the important ones that you may need to know below. Remember that you will need to have completed all of these quests in order to unlock the quests that follow, particularly if you are already above the appropriate level to unlock the quest. E.g. You will not have access to The Mysterious Island quest without first having completed the Money Grows on Trees quest.

Some of you may have already completed some of these quests as events in previous updates, so you may not see all of these quests appear in your game.

The first link for each quest points to the complete and detailed quest texts, which were gathered, reworked, typed and completed with screenshots all by me. Firemonkeys refused -despite asking- to give me the quest-lines.
Please send only links to others, as this has taken me many many many hours of playing several games from scratch!

Discovery quests become available alongside the regular quests and they need to be started by performing or building something.
For example: The Book of Spells requires you to build Sorcerous Supplies to start the quest, whereas A Dance to Remember is started by tapping the bubble above the couple in the Park. This means you can do these at the same time with a regular quest.

Instead of manually adding each and every link to the list, I rather paste the link to the page on my blog where all the quests are hosted anyway.
http://sfptips.perturbee.net/2013/10/wh ... -when.html

And hereby I also announce that I will NOT redo the quests again (it's becoming too much work and it shouldn't be WORK!).
If something is incorrect, post details.
Last edited by ErinPW on 05 Aug 2019, 16:39, edited 3 times in total.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Quests and their order of appearance

Post by JKCher »

Thanks for the info. As far as the Alien Concept quest goes do you know if people who started the game before the Teen update will also receive this? I started my game just this past August. I am at level 28 and have yet to receive the quest but I do have the option to buy the weather machine for a whopping $300,000 Simoleons. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy it at that rate! LOL It is my understanding that those who did the quest when it came out got a weather machine free.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I can't tell, the update is out too short to know if these quests are bugged or what situations might prevent them.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Okay, thanks very much
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Perturbee wrote:From: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... -and-Goals
There are a number of quests available in The Sims FreePlay that unlock new content and features. We have included some of the important ones that you may need to know below. Remember that you will need to have completed all of these quests in order to unlock the quests that follow, particularly if you are already above the appropriate level to unlock the quest. E.g. You will not have access to The Mysterious Island quest without first having completed the Money Grows on Trees quest.

Some of you may have already completed some of these quests as events in previous updates, so you may not see all of these quests appear in your game.

1. Money Grows on Trees: Unlocked at Level 13 to gain access to the Simoleon Sprout and Life Point Lotus plants.
2. The Mysterious Island: Unlocked at Level 15 to gain access to the Mystery Island area of Sim Town by building the Bridge and receive a Stone Golem for your garden. *Additional reward: Treasure Chest.
3. An Alien Concept: Weather Machine: New quest for players who created a new game during or after the Teens Update, unlocked at Level 18 to gain access to the Weather Machine. *Additional reward: Winter Clothing pack for the Fashion & Fancy Dress store and Winter Accessories for your Sims.
4. Preparing for Preteens: New quest for players who created a new game during or after the Teens Update, unlocked at Level 21 to gain access to the ability to age Toddler Sims into Preteens and the "Adopt a Preteen" purchase action available via Sim's phones within the game.
5. Coming of Age: Unlocked at Level 23 to gain access to the ability to age Preteen Sims into Teens, as well as the "Adopt a Preteen" purchase action, if you did not already unlock it via the Preparing for Preteens quest.
6. Higher Education: Unlocked at Level 24 to gain access to the High School building.
7. The Halloween event (The Great Ghost Escape) will begin at midnight on the 21st of October in your time zone. You will need to be at Level 10 and above to participate.
8. The Teen Idol event (The Road to Fame) will be available from mid-November. You will need to be at level 25 and above and have completed all of the previous sets of goals to unlock this quest.

*The additional rewards that you can see in the information above are rewards that you can gain by completing the quest within a limited time frame. You will be able to see this timer in the Goal Menu screen for that quest. The timer will begin from when you first unlock that particular quest. Some of these rewards may also be available in the Online Store for purchase upon completion of the quest if you don't make it on time, so you won't miss the opportunity to gain access to these rewards!
Nevertheless, the Teen Idol event was available on my iPad from the beginning of this update. Just after the announcement of the Sims High School in the park, the Teen Idol quest became available, My only teenager has completed the first set of Teen Idol hobbies, and she is now working to upgrade the Famous Sim Town Sign to level 3 to unlock the Teen Mansion.
This has not happened on my android phone, where the game apparently seems to follow the plan (not the same game).
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Microdot wrote:the Teen Idol event was available on my iPad from the beginning of this update. Just after the announcement of the Sims High School in the park, the Teen Idol quest became available, My only teenager has completed the first set of Teen Idol hobbies, and she is now working to upgrade the Famous Sim Town Sign to level 3 to unlock the Teen Mansion.
This has not happened on my android phone, where the game apparently seems to follow the plan (not the same game).
Wow!
When you get the Teen Mansion, please tell us what's inside and, if possible, show some pics!
Pammy30159
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Pammy30159 »

Perturbee I have seen other simmers with teen idol resources. I do not have any at all. I'm on level 52. Do I just have to wait for them to show or am I missing something ?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Pammy30159 wrote:Perturbee I have seen other simmers with teen idol resources. I do not have any at all. I'm on level 52. Do I just have to wait for them to show or am I missing something ?
They're for the Teen Idol / Road to Fame changes coming mid November. I suspect that the Sim Town Sign will be build with these new resources. It's a bug that they already show.
Pammy30159
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Pammy30159 »

Perturbee wrote:
Pammy30159 wrote:Perturbee I have seen other simmers with teen idol resources. I do not have any at all. I'm on level 52. Do I just have to wait for them to show or am I missing something ?
They're for the Teen Idol / Road to Fame changes coming mid November. I suspect that the Sim Town Sign will be build with these new resources. It's a bug that they already show.
Ah !!! Ok .. Thought I had missed a trick there lol !! Thankyou for your quick reply. Appreciated. :D
Mon789
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mon789 »

It's a bit poor that new simmers will have to wait til level 21 to get preteens!!