[FEATURE QUEST] Cars in Lots

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [FEATURE QUEST] Cars in Lots

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Oh! Okay. Not that it being level based is much better. It maybe cheaper than the roughly §8,000,000 the game wants from me but for a new player that §64,999 is a lot of simoleons. And if the price goes up every few levels then they get sucked into grinding for money so they can afford it fast before the price goes up again.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 12:53 Oh! Okay. Not that it being level based is much better. It maybe cheaper than the roughly §8,000,000 the game wants from me but for a new player that §64,999 is a lot of simoleons. And if the price goes up every few levels then they get sucked into grinding for money so they can afford it fast before the price goes up again.
For sure! And it’s only going to get worse. I doubt this will be the only Feature quest. To me it looks like they’ve moved away from discovery quests being the way to add features to these quests where the new feature is locked behind a huge paywall. I guess they didn’t think a limited time prize was enough incentive to spend money in the online store to get. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I so hope you’re wrong about more ‘Feature Quests’ mockingbird but I suspect that you’re correct about what’s coming in our future. :cry:

The operative word that you mentioned is “PAYWALL”. So much of the new stuff is so outrageously priced (be it simeoleans, LPs, or SPs) that the easiest way to acquire them is to dip in our RL wallets. (Sorry dear Dead Horse that I keep beating on. :( ) FM is counting on our impatience about building up enough game currency or waiting for items to show up in an Architect Home. Or in the case of new “features” like having multiple roof styles, that we want it bad enough to buy extra SPs to complete the event. Sadly I fell for this ploy because, with just the roof left to buy, I was short HALF of the glassware & 4 or so CCs I needed to buy the roof and get the house template.

FM has rigged the Crafting Events because they only allow 3 jewelry stations and 2 glass-blowing stations instead of 4 like the candles and pottery and they are opened so late in the event (especially the glass ones!!!) that getting enough of those resources is basically impossible to complete without using SPs.

I know that none of this is news to you or the other players but ranting about FM’s current shabby practices *does* make me feel better able to cope with them and therefore keep playing the game. So many thanks to you all for ‘listening’! :D :D :D
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 23:24 I so hope you’re wrong about more ‘Feature Quests’ mockingbird but I suspect that you’re correct about what’s coming in our future. :cry:

The operative word that you mentioned is “PAYWALL”. So much of the new stuff is so outrageously priced (be it simeoleans, LPs, or SPs) that the easiest way to acquire them is to dip in our RL wallets. (Sorry dear Dead Horse that I keep beating on. :( ) FM is counting on our impatience about building up enough game currency or waiting for items to show up in an Architect Home. Or in the case of new “features” like having multiple roof styles, that we want it bad enough to buy extra SPs to complete the event. Sadly I fell for this ploy because, with just the roof left to buy, I was short HALF of the glassware & 4 or so CCs I needed to buy the roof and get the house template.

FM has rigged the Crafting Events because they only allow 3 jewelry stations and 2 glass-blowing stations instead of 4 like the candles and pottery and they are opened so late in the event (especially the glass ones!!!) that getting enough of those resources is basically impossible to complete without using SPs.

I know that none of this is news to you or the other players but ranting about FM’s current shabby practices *does* make me feel better able to cope with them and therefore keep playing the game. So many thanks to you all for ‘listening’! :D :D :D
It's all good, I know exactly how you feel. (Besides, if the horse is dead, it, at least, doesn't care one way or another if you keep beating it ;) ) I think EA doesn't realize that putting pressure on people is more likely to ultimately get them to leave rather than buy stuff... the smartest companies know the best way to get people to buy stuff is to make them think they're getting both the product AND the game experience absolutely free and then dangle shiny extra (non-game-essential) stuff for them to buy, like cosmetic items. If anyone here has ever played Warframe, that's an example of a game company doing it right. EA may want you to think that's what they're doing, and make it hard to tell since so much in this game is aesthetics oriented, but the systems they have in place cripple gameplay to the point that it's not even close to a fair setup.
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Any new cars in the update?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

PyroSpazz wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 21:57 Any new cars in the update?
One is supposed to be the grand prize in the Wedding Presents Live Event happening later in April.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 22:08
PyroSpazz wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 21:57 Any new cars in the update?
One is supposed to be the grand prize in the Wedding Presents Live Event happening later in April.
It’d be nice to be able to choose from more than six shades of Prius and a hearse. :?