[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Carole

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

Re: [Seasonal Quest] A Christmas Carole

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 09:01 […]

I went to the Sim Tracker and tapped on Pepper. It took me to Albion Square, and showed Pepper strolling off the template. I then went back to the park, and she was there.
SKatF wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 09:38 Pepper not in park for me. When I tapped Pepper in Simtracker (she's the first one) she was at this house shown. I tapped her and she wandered off screen. Returned to the park and she was there.
Thank you!
I shall add the info in the opening post :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

“Find 36 winter socks” - how many socks will you typically find per sim if you won’t speed up? Is it always just 1 or more? Thanks 😊
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

+.jana.+ wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 16:19 “Find 36 winter socks” - how many socks will you typically find per sim if you won’t speed up? Is it always just 1 or more? Thanks 😊
Mine got 3 each, some 4. 12 sims were enough. Go for more to be sure, you don't want to redo an 8 hour task.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: Looks like the sets start at 7.00 am UTC every day - the same time around the world no matter when you opened the game on day one and started the first task. That‘s hard if it‘s in the middle of the night in your time zone :?
Yep, 2AM for me in USA Eastern time. The 8 hour tasks fall at very awkward time. I'm finding I need to stay up very late or catch up by speeding things with LP.

I find it much cheaper to speed a few single sim shorter tasks with LP than the very expensive SP cost to skip the multi sim 8 hour task. I just try to set the 8 hour task up to run when I'm sleeping (if I'm up late) or during the day when I'm busy. Then I can finish in the evening.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 20:09
ErinPW wrote: Looks like the sets start at 7.00 am UTC every day - the same time around the world no matter when you opened the game on day one and started the first task. That‘s hard if it‘s in the middle of the night in your time zone :?
Yep, 2AM for me in USA Eastern time. The 8 hour tasks fall at very awkward time. I'm finding I need to stay up very late or catch up by speeding things with LP.

I find it much cheaper to speed a few single sim shorter tasks with LP than the very expensive SP cost to skip the multi sim 8 hour task. I just try to set the 8 hour task up to run when I'm sleeping (if I'm up late) or during the day when I'm busy. Then I can finish in the evening.
My start time is 8 am and as long as the short tasks don‘t move into the night I‘m good with it. Fortunately the multiple sims tasks can be skipped with LPs. You can also start the long task, let the time go down and speed up the rest time at the sims. Sure we have to do the math and see which way will be cheaper :)
SPs are only required if we want to skip the daybreak. Maybe, I‘ll do this at the end of day 12, so I can complete the last day early.
iOS 17.4.1

jack b
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Christmas Barkly Square Event

Post by jack b »

Hi

Can someone tell me i am trying to progress with the barkley square event.

The next task says clean up the Bin, but there is no bin, there is a trash can at the front of each lot but thats standing and there is no link to do the task.

Where is a bin any advice?

Thank you
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Christmas Barkly Square Event

Post by SKatF »

This task hasn't started for me yet. But I see a bin/wastebasket in the kitchen. Is it what you want? Maybe knocked over like the trash cans can be?
Attachments
20201216_221626.jpg
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I've also found, that if you normally have the Autoplay Ads off (VIP 3 and higher, I think?), you'll want to turn them back on for the Quests so that some of the shorter ones autocomplete. Just remember to save a lot in case they make your device crash.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

jack b wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 22:32 Hi

Can someone tell me i am trying to progress with the barkley square event.

The next task says clean up the Bin, but there is no bin, there is a trash can at the front of each lot but thats standing and there is no link to do the task.

Where is a bin any advice?

Thank you
Welcome to the forum, jack b!
I have moved your post to the suitable topic :)

Use a phone to go to Albion Square first and then clean up the rubbish in the middle house.
Attachments
3372B659-DB6D-4681-9007-A13341D890D8.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

chamilet wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 06:36 I've also found, that if you normally have the Autoplay Ads off (VIP 3 and higher, I think?), you'll want to turn them back on for the Quests so that some of the shorter ones autocomplete. Just remember to save a lot in case they make your device crash.
Thanks for the hint! I didn‘t even think of those ads :?
iOS 17.4.1