Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
KimiChen
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

Post by KimiChen »

Not quite sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm unable to retrieve my cloud save. It was working before, but every time I try to download my save it brings me back to the download screen. Uninstalled the app, started new game to try and download from there too and still the same issue
291FCB06-02A1-4AC9-8F73-065F5130EB1F.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

Post by SKatF »

I had the same issue. Stuck on the same screen. I uninstalled my game and when I reinstalled it, I got my game back but lost several days progress. Despite having saved frequently during those days.

I wondered if it had something to do with a bug in my device's automatic link to facebook sign on. When I recovered my game, it said it was not linked to Facebook. Relinking it did not recover my lost progress.
KimiChen
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by KimiChen »

I sent in a ticket since uninstalling and restarting everything hasn't worked. Luckily I have my player ID and everything. Hopefully FireMonkeys can retrieve it, losing 6 years of progress and purchases would be so heartbreaking
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

My game crashed on the second to last task on the Christmas Carole quest and I have yet to get it back. So far Firemonkeys have been no help.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
KimiChen
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by KimiChen »

FireMonkeys responded, told me to clear cache and reinstall the app, didn't work, responded with my game save has crashed and won't be restored.

Oh goodness, I have so many mixed emotions right now.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Please keep us posted.
KimiChen
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by KimiChen »

After that response, I asked if they can access it from their end or if there's any trace of the save on the server. The response I received was "no such option available at our end" and an offer of "generous" in game currencies for a new game. It made absolutely no difference that I had my player ID and cloud information. My Level 55 and VIP 10 game was the result of 6 years of work, no external fixes or anything. I never imagined that the cloud would be the cause of the end of my game.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I'm afraid that will probably be my result as well. At which point I will delete the game. I will have lost too much to start over.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

It seems that this is the end of my game as well. I've tried everything but my game seems stuck in this downloading loop. It's probably a good thing. I've wasted a lot of time on this game and whilst I've enjoyed the distraction, in recent times it has become frustrating and tiresome. Time to move on.
Thanks for all the entertainment, tips and tricks that this Forum has provided. Enjoy your simming! :) ;)
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

The last I heard from FM, they were aware of the bug, working on fixing it and would let me know. That was back in January.