Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Unable to Retrieve Cloud Save

Post by lollipop369 »

Happened to me on the second to last day of SimChase S32 over a week or so ago, with my Game of Thrones themed Maternity-exclusive town. For some reason my backup was HP themed/NonMaternity. Waiting on the ubiquitous update for a resolution.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Live, Laugh, Loft Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by Valgon »

I can't load my cloud save from iOS, very devastating..
While being on the last part of island influence, 2nd day SimChase, ongoing Berry Boulevard zesty prize..

Idk what is the problem, the option to download save data never gives the pop up to apply the old save..
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Valgon wrote: 14 May 2023, 15:01 I can't load my cloud save from iOS, very devastating..
While being on the last part of island influence, 2nd day SimChase, ongoing Berry Boulevard zesty prize..

Idk what is the problem, the option to download save data never gives the pop up to apply the old save..
I hope you didn’t get into the loop that takes you back to the download button, did you? :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

ErinPW wrote: 14 May 2023, 19:09
Valgon wrote: 14 May 2023, 15:01 I can't load my cloud save from iOS, very devastating..

I hope you didn’t get into the loop that takes you back to the download button, did you? :?
Unfortunately yes, it's just the download option again and again..
I made a ticket but the CS said only to reinstall and upload my save before, very unhelpful...
Do you know any solution Erin? thanks
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Valgon wrote: 16 May 2023, 04:14 […] Unfortunately yes, it's just the download option again and again..
I made a ticket but the CS said only to reinstall and upload my save before, very unhelpful...
Do you know any solution Erin? thanks
Oh man :( I‘m so sorry you ran into this!

The advice of the Support is weird; as if they didn’t understand the issue :?

If you read through this topic you’ll find chamilet’s post saying they got their town back after a few months. There may be more players who got their towns back, but this is the only case I know about. So there’s still hope.

I have in my mind, if it would work to take a backup of the device? But I don’t know, if it would also restore the game and its data. And one would lose the progress of everything that was done on the device since then.
iOS 17.4.1

Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

ErinPW wrote: 16 May 2023, 06:44 Oh man :( I‘m so sorry you ran into this!

The advice of the Support is weird; as if they didn’t understand the issue :?

If you read through this topic you’ll find chamilet’s post saying they got their town back after a few months. There may be more players who got their towns back, but this is the only case I know about. So there’s still hope.

I have in my mind, if it would work to take a backup of the device? But I don’t know, if it would also restore the game and its data. And one would lose the progress of everything that was done on the device since then.
Their reply is even dumber, can't take it anymore I use the older save on my phone, missed the live event but since I got screenshot I won it I'll try to claim it..

Too bad I already abandoned everything for 2 days.. if only I just played along I'd still get SimChase 1st set and BB zesty prize..
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Valgon wrote: 16 May 2023, 16:17 […] I use the older save on my phone, missed the live event but since I got screenshot I won it I'll try to claim it..

Too bad I already abandoned everything for 2 days.. if only I just played along I'd still get SimChase 1st set and BB zesty prize..
I‘m glad you didn’t lose the whole game!

Nowadays we can’t rely on the cloud anymore. A while ago I also ran into the loop. Fortunately I had downloaded to my phone not long ago, so I had a pretty fresh backup. But many players have lost their games :(
iOS 17.4.1

Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

ErinPW wrote: 20 May 2023, 13:24
Valgon wrote: 16 May 2023, 16:17 […] I use the older save on my phone, missed the live event but since I got screenshot I won it I'll try to claim it..

I‘m glad you didn’t lose the whole game!

Nowadays we can’t rely on the cloud anymore. A while ago I also ran into the loop. Fortunately I had downloaded to my phone not long ago, so I had a pretty fresh backup. But many players have lost their games :(
Thanks Erin. Finally I can manage to get influence island grand prize just before it's expiring. And I can finish the Simchase too, they doubled all of my currencies so it's nice but I missed the zesty prize for BerryB 2nd house.

But FM customer service still can't send the live event prizes, I thought they had done that in a similar case 1 or 2 years ago..
It's been a full day without further reply from them.