Back to the game after four years

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Back to the game after four years

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Hi,
Not really new…just returning to SFP after about a 4 year break lol…a bit overwhelmed by new stuff while trying to remember how all the old stuff works….and dealing with the fact I can no longer see my GC friends. I’m not a FB user but I’m finding ways to work with it. I’m also trying to slim down my overpopulated town. :(
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Re: Welcome new members, introduce yourself here.

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 23:53 Hi,
Not really new…just returning to SFP after about a 4 year break lol…a bit overwhelmed by new stuff while trying to remember how all the old stuff works….and dealing with the fact I can no longer see my GC friends. I’m not a FB user but I’m finding ways to work with it.
Welcome back, Debbilu <3

It looks like the Firemonkeys gave up supporting GC, so if you want neighbors, there‘s only FB :(

Let us know, whenever you need help with the game!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Welcome new members, introduce yourself here.

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 10:24
Debbilu_7 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 23:53 Hi,
Not really new…just returning to SFP after about a 4 year break lol…a bit overwhelmed by new stuff while trying to remember how all the old stuff works….and dealing with the fact I can no longer see my GC friends. I’m not a FB user but I’m finding ways to work with it.
Welcome back, Debbilu <3

It looks like the Firemonkeys gave up supporting GC, so if you want neighbors, there‘s only FB :(

Let us know, whenever you need help with the game!
Thanks Erin…my GC friends still show up on my old ipad but it has trouble handling the game without crashing. I saved one of my old neighbour towns to my husband’s FB but it doesn’t show up on my ipad—although I can see it on my android phone lol! I did send a couple of requests through the forum and can complete all the tasks so far so I’m okay with that!
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Re: Back to the game after four years

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 15:59 […]
Thanks Erin…my GC friends still show up on my old ipad but it has trouble handling the game without crashing. I saved one of my old neighbour towns to my husband’s FB but it doesn’t show up on my ipad—although I can see it on my android phone lol! I did send a couple of requests through the forum and can complete all the tasks so far so I’m okay with that!
You‘re very welcome!

GC does not work for neighbors from iOS 13 upwards, but fortunately we can at least save to the cloud. I miss visiting the friends that only use GC.

There are often issues if iOS players want to have neighbors via FB, especially if the others are playing on Android. Usually it helps to set the visibility for SFP on FB to friends or public. It may also work if your husband just puts in your name, in case he doesn‘t want to set the visibility of SFP to public. There is a description how to find the related settings in that topic: https://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewtopic. ... 250#p78250

Hope, this helps :)

(I have split the posts from the Welcome topic.)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View