Facebook error "app not setup"

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Facebook error "app not setup"

Post by tangerine »

Anyone else getting this error message when trying to visit a neighbor's town or logging into Facebook in SFP?

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

I'm getting the same message in both of my games (two different Facebook accounts).
mdgirlsims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Facebook error "app not setup"

Post by mdgirlsims »

Hi. I got same error message. I tried logout and login again my Facebook app, but the error continues.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Same here.

For whatever reason SFP is logged out from FB and it‘s not possible to log in. Many players are posting the same on Facebook.
Attachments
0FA4D886-1DA8-4E4F-BE8A-F838F1DB58AC.png
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Unable to connect to Facebook

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Yesterday, everything was fine…when I tried to send a sim to a neighbour’s this morning, the party boat was disconnected from Facebook. This is the message I got when I tried to reconnect…what does it mean?
Attachments
B6765E7D-407F-488F-9E69-F616BA41A558.png
Updated town info in profile
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

Well, I'm sorry it's happening to so many people but also I'm kinda relieved that it's not just me. :?
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

tangerine wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 15:03 Well, I'm sorry it's happening to so many people but also I'm kinda relieved that it's not just me. :?
Same… :?
Updated town info in profile
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yes, even happened when I tried to manually save game. On one game I got the game back by backing out of the attempt to save to cloud. On the other game, it took Uninstaller and reinstalling game to get it back

I don't trust autosave, and have played at times when game crashed a lot and progress was lost, so I tend to manually save a lot.

This is making me anxious.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I got a similar thing when I tried to do a cloud save today. The game logged me out of Game Center somehow, and I had to re-sign-in with Apple to do it. I was able to play (I don’t use Facebook), but only had the problem with cloud save. Once I signed back in, it was okay. Is this a problem across all platforms?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
discodevil
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by discodevil »

Yes same here too. I have raised a request with firemonkeys snd their suggestion was merely to login and out of facebook. Which made no difference.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

As of now I can still save one of my games, but not visit neighbors or collect daily neighbor bonus. Get error message when I try. My game says it's logged in.

On my other game, I can play but not visit or save and no way to log in to Facebook, just get error message for all those actions.