Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

Post by simmare »

LJoughin wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 18:26
bluebeariscool wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:05 Well this is annoying! I’m on day 10 of Forest Flat. There is a task to find 105 golden pollen from a computer. You can have up to 21 sims for the task and it’s an 8 hour task (at a 3* computer)

I used the maximum 21 sims and only produced 95/105 golden pollen :cry: I’ve never come up short on these sort of tasks before. Usually the maximum sims produces enough. The price to complete is 46SP a which I will probably reluctantly do rather than set sims off on an 8 hour task again.

GRRR!
Thought I just couldn’t count, kind of glad glad others had the same issue.
On another note are there any 3 star small trees that work for the tasks I can’t fit the big ones in and the others are 1 star ?
I use the yellowed urban tree or the autumnal red urban tree. They’re small-footprint trees so I’ve fit tem in lots of places. They cost SP, unfortunately.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

simmare wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 18:56
LJoughin wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 18:26
bluebeariscool wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:05 Well this is annoying! I’m on day 10 of Forest Flat. There is a task to find 105 golden pollen from a computer. You can have up to 21 sims for the task and it’s an 8 hour task (at a 3* computer)

I used the maximum 21 sims and only produced 95/105 golden pollen :cry: I’ve never come up short on these sort of tasks before. Usually the maximum sims produces enough. The price to complete is 46SP a which I will probably reluctantly do rather than set sims off on an 8 hour task again.

GRRR!
Thought I just couldn’t count, kind of glad glad others had the same issue.
On another note are there any 3 star small trees that work for the tasks I can’t fit the big ones in and the others are 1 star ?
I use the yellowed urban tree or the autumnal red urban tree. They’re small-footprint trees so I’ve fit tem in lots of places. They cost SP, unfortunately.
Same here, I’ve used these trees because of their small size. I have to say this event has really used up my lovingly saved SP :shock: there again that’s why I’ve so carefully saved up…….for emergencies and this has been an emergency
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

Thanks for the responses - cannot bring myself to use my SP to buy trees 🙃
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

LJoughin wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 03:49 Thanks for the responses - cannot bring myself to use my SP to buy trees 🙃
I felt the same way at first, but then I bit the bullet and did it. The good part is that you only need to do it once. I made those purchases back when Sandy Suburbs was going on. I’ve removed/replaced the same trees over and over, at each property. So at least I’m getting my money’s worth from them.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There are several 3-star trees, but either they are big or they cost SP. To find them you could use the filter for ground plants and three stars.
845094F2-2EF8-4668-A250-92BA4B70E20D.jpeg

A few days ago I learned we can set several Sims to the newer palm trees. Unfortunately the highest rating is two stars, so an 8-hours task will take 8 hours 30 if your Sims are inspired. (Uninspired Sims will need 9 hours.)
FF74D151-8098-4FAF-B407-4BF6C2D0A56F.jpeg

I collected the urban trees wherever I found them and brought them to The houses in Palm Promenade.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

How in the world have I not noticed that you can filter by stars? I feel really stupid. Thanks for pointing that out, Erin!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

simmare wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 05:56
LJoughin wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 03:49 Thanks for the responses - cannot bring myself to use my SP to buy trees 🙃
I felt the same way at first, but then I bit the bullet and did it. The good part is that you only need to do it once. I made those purchases back when Sandy Suburbs was going on. I’ve removed/replaced the same trees over and over, at each property. So at least I’m getting my money’s worth from them.
Wish I had done that now at the beginning but I’m at the the third house in Palm Promenade on day 6, probably think about it again at the next development 😋
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

bluebeariscool wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:05 On another note are there any 3 star small trees that work for the tasks I can’t fit the big ones in and the others are 1 star ?
Small trees: I don't think there are 1x1 3 star trees.

There are 2x2 3 star trees. Brown Heart and Viridian Star

I hate the star ratings feature. There are so many lovely pieces of furniture/decor I don't use due to lower star ratings. And some I rather dislike or am bored with (from overuse) that I feel forced to use for practical reasons of 3 star ratings.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220721-152646_Sims FreePlay.jpg
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

I haven't even built the first house ahahaha. Not enough money xD

I'm always running out of money with Sim Springs.
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Okay, I’ve now completed enough neighborhood tasks to raise the overall Sim Springs happiness to “content.” The prize includes birds flying over Sim Springs. I’ve watched, but haven’t seen any birds. Has anyone? Where do you see them?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side