Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

Post by mudgenie »

bluebeariscool wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 23:27 :shock: UGH! It’s happened again with the next task

I think there is a glitch here because I’ve double, triple and quadruple checked that I had none of the 21 sims idle. The next task is order clearance seedlings. Again I had the max 21 sims doing the 8 hour task and when they have all finished only 20/21 have finished the task. The cost to finish is 23SP :cry:

I’m soldiering on with this as I’m going in to hospital for an op in a couple of weeks so I’ve paid SP a to start the days early. This sucks!
So sorry! And this is weird because my game only asked for 17 sims to do those things. I started later because I didn’t have time to work on it for a few days so maybe they fixed the issue by lowering the total needed? I really don’t remember the total pieces needed, but I didn’t have any problem completing the task in one go.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I can’t get my sims to prepare floral tea in the last group of neighbourhood tasks. When I click on the kettle, the task is there. When I select it, the sim walks over to it and then refuses. Any tips or ideas? I’ve tried a couple of different kettles, different places and directions…
Updated town info in profile
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

simmare wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 06:07 Okay, I’ve now completed enough neighborhood tasks to raise the overall Sim Springs happiness to “content.” The prize includes birds flying over Sim Springs. I’ve watched, but haven’t seen any birds. Has anyone? Where do you see them?

They’re hard to spot but they are there! Here’s a group of 3 birds flying over the town:
1CEBA0E6-3D48-4EF4-B297-131619CFF396.jpeg
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 15:34 I can’t get my sims to prepare floral tea in the last group of neighbourhood tasks. When I click on the kettle, the task is there. When I select it, the sim walks over to it and then refuses. Any tips or ideas? I’ve tried a couple of different kettles, different places and directions…
Maybe they are not happy with the available seats or another Sim or teddy is walking towards the one they chose?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 07:25
Debbilu_7 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 15:34 I can’t get my sims to prepare floral tea in the last group of neighbourhood tasks. When I click on the kettle, the task is there. When I select it, the sim walks over to it and then refuses. Any tips or ideas? I’ve tried a couple of different kettles, different places and directions…
Maybe they are not happy with the available seats or another Sim or teddy is walking towards the one they chose?
I’ve taken a sim to the other palm promenade lots by themselves and gotten the same refusal…they will perform the other kettle actions though
607CB495-C94C-4437-A76E-FD773508DCE9.jpeg
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 13:58
I’ve taken a sim to the other palm promenade lots by themselves and gotten the same refusal…they will perform the other kettle actions though

I tried that now and indeed, the Sim acts like they don’t have access. There’s no other Sim on the lot, no living Teddy, and plenty of seats… 🤔 I’m not going to worry about it for now as there’s yet plenty of other 1-day tasks to complete, but it does look like a bug.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

+.jana.+ wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 16:04
Debbilu_7 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 13:58

I tried that now and indeed, the Sim acts like they don’t have access. There’s no other Sim on the lot, no living Teddy, and plenty of seats… 🤔 I’m not going to worry about it for now as there’s yet plenty of other 1-day tasks to complete, but it does look like a bug.
Misery loves company lol…at least it’s not specific to me. I am just plugging away at the other tasks too.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I’m getting close to that one - only a few tasks left. I have a feeling that one may have to be skipped with SP
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

simmare wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 19:32 I’m getting close to that one - only a few tasks left. I have a feeling that one may have to be skipped with SP
Lots of SPs!
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Yes, lots of SPs, but there may be no other choice. I just tried it, with lots of available seats, nothing in the way, and a choice of every 3-star kettle. No go. Unless there’s a fix coming within the next 2 days, SPs it must be. I’m currently doing the rare beetle task; only bath and hydrating drink to go before I must face that choice.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1