Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I saw a FB post warning that, if you demolish the new community lot in Palm Promenade, it changes from a large lot to a small one.
Once you activate building one of the new lots, are you committed to starting the tasks? There are lots of people posting that they have them all done…they would have blown through a lot of points to rush through them!! :o

Edit by ErinPW:
The community lot has been fixed with the update 5.69.1 on June 20th/21st. It now remains a large lot.
Last edited by ErinPW on 28 Jun 2022, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited in accordance with Debbilu.
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Re: You DOT You Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 15:49 I saw a FB post warning that, if you demolish the new community lot in Palm Promenade, it changes from a large lot to a small one.
Once you activate building one of the new lots, are you committed to starting the tasks? There are lots of people posting that they have them all done…they would have blown through a lot of points to rush through them!! :o
Guess, it depends on the prizes you may miss out if you don‘t complete a day in time. I don‘t know when the timer starts. If it did, just go ahead in your own speed.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I have a question about that 90-day time limit for Palm Promenade in the opening post. Is that for just the 4 properties, or does it include the neighbor tasks too? I thought the neighbor tasks were completely free of time limits?

Also, anyone who’s posting that they’ve already finished all the buildings almost defies belief! Oh, to have that many SPs….
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Some turned up on my gamer friend list in Facebook offering to "top off" all LP, SP and simoleans plus current purchase packs if you paid them. From comments of others, apparently they delivered the goods. I deleted them.

Perhaps these are the folks who've already finished. Kind of setting themselves up for game deletion if the Firemonkeys run across their posts. They kind of outed themselves.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 17:51
Debbilu_7 wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 15:49 I saw a FB post warning that, if you demolish the new community lot in Palm Promenade, it changes from a large lot to a small one.
Guess, it depends on the prizes you may miss out if you don‘t complete a day in time. I don‘t know when the timer starts. If it did, just go ahead in your own speed.
I think I saw that once you build a lot, you have 7 days to start that lot’s quests. I fast-tapped past it so I could be wrong. But that might let you pick your start-and-daily-reset time for that lot. I have my first one beginning right around dinner time, which works for me.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In the meantime I started the Palm Promenade. First it takes 8 hours and lots of Simoleons to unlock the area, then it takes another 8 hours and more Simoleons to build the Cactus Cave. Tapping the flashing icon for that house will start the timer.
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Another change from Sandy Suburbs is that the house templates are only available as the Zesty prize, meaning completing each day’s goals in 24 hours. I don’t think that’s really fair. If they allow a generous amount of time to complete these things, they should still let you get the template as long as you just complete the work for it. This just means they’re getting lazier with creating prizes, just like they have been with all the “meh” house templates in live events lately.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

Aw shucks, wish I knew before I demolished, am object capped on most lots and need placing my big outdoor items and other prizes/purchases. I was able to complete it for one themed town, and now I’m farming SPs for another town. How am I to build the new templates then without demolishing—from scratch?

Also, have a question. Always better to strip down a house before deleting lot rather than demolishing a house instantly, right? For reasons of TV being affected when selling? I don’t think I would want the low star items from the lot but then I get into a hoarder mentality: “Never know when needed!” :lol:
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 20:05 I have a question about that 90-day time limit for Palm Promenade in the opening post. Is that for just the 4 properties, or does it include the neighbor tasks too? I thought the neighbor tasks were completely free of time limits?

[…]
Sorry, I had overlooked your question :oops:
The official article on ea.com shows a time limit of 65 days. Moments ago I have corrected the opening post.
iOS 17.4.1

RobynE
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RobynE »

I keep putting plants at cactus cove and they don’t count. What am I missing?