Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Sim Springs - Palm Promenade - Discussion

Post by Debbilu_7 »

:| I can’t move this bookcase in Cactus Cove…
606F364B-8DE4-4DAC-8D3C-4B7CAA1793E8.jpeg
Edit: never mind lol….I closed the game and went back in and it was okay.
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 04:14 :| I can’t move this bookcase in Cactus Cove…
606F364B-8DE4-4DAC-8D3C-4B7CAA1793E8.jpeg

Edit: never mind lol….I closed the game and went back in and it was okay.
This often happens if I want to move an item while a Sim, NPC or Living Teddy is walking towards that item. I solved this withe picking up another item and pulled it over the one I wanted to move. This way it was blocked for them and free for me :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The „You DOT Yo“ template from the latest live event - if built on a premium lot - includes two 3-star plants that are useful for the tasks in Palm Promenade. You can set eight Sims on them, so you don‘t need to place many plants.
529621D2-3682-483D-9FC1-541016971757.jpeg

If you’re short on Sims for tasks like this and plan to use SPs it may be helpful to know that the number of SPs will be reduced with every Sim that is done. E.g. if you’re short by one Sim you could skip the rest with 18 SP.
1BB2AF2C-8D46-427D-913D-BB15D4ED2862.jpeg

I read a tip on FB for tasks asking to spend Simoleons on the lot you’re working on and tried this. If you place „free“ items from home store they will count towards the requested amount.
D4022DC4-0FBC-4181-862C-DF7F038FA125.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Thanks for the tips Erin!
I was afraid the bookcase was going to be a repeat of the dining room chairs from the Lovely Lattice house.
Updated town info in profile
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Well this is annoying! I’m on day 10 of Forest Flat. There is a task to find 105 golden pollen from a computer. You can have up to 21 sims for the task and it’s an 8 hour task (at a 3* computer)

I used the maximum 21 sims and only produced 95/105 golden pollen :cry: I’ve never come up short on these sort of tasks before. Usually the maximum sims produces enough. The price to complete is 46SP a which I will probably reluctantly do rather than set sims off on an 8 hour task again.

GRRR!
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

:shock: UGH! It’s happened again with the next task

I think there is a glitch here because I’ve double, triple and quadruple checked that I had none of the 21 sims idle. The next task is order clearance seedlings. Again I had the max 21 sims doing the 8 hour task and when they have all finished only 20/21 have finished the task. The cost to finish is 23SP :cry:

I’m soldiering on with this as I’m going in to hospital for an op in a couple of weeks so I’ve paid SP a to start the days early. This sucks!
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I’ve been starting day2 back-to-back with day 1, which, if starting all other days early, allows 48 hours for days 3-10’s tasks. I did it accidentally the first time, but continued it because the last days of any property almost need that 48-hour window to complete. Currently working on Day 8 of Forest Flat; Sims all currently doing the multi-Sim task.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

I had to delete some space from other houses to stick trees in for the sims to do the next task. Right now they are finishing up on searching for heirloom seeds.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I’ve found that for this event, buying the boost is truly useful. I don’t think I’d ever be able to finish this if not for the shortened times and lower requirement of sims for multi-sim tasks.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

bluebeariscool wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:05 Well this is annoying! I’m on day 10 of Forest Flat. There is a task to find 105 golden pollen from a computer. You can have up to 21 sims for the task and it’s an 8 hour task (at a 3* computer)

I used the maximum 21 sims and only produced 95/105 golden pollen :cry: I’ve never come up short on these sort of tasks before. Usually the maximum sims produces enough. The price to complete is 46SP a which I will probably reluctantly do rather than set sims off on an 8 hour task again.

GRRR!
Thought I just couldn’t count, kind of glad glad others had the same issue.
On another note are there any 3 star small trees that work for the tasks I can’t fit the big ones in and the others are 1 star ?